AACL Skins

Racing league forum for all different games.
Crowella

Re: AACL Skins

Post by Crowella »

Quick one thrown together for next round. Emailed it off. Thought it would suit me when I'm at the back of the grid.

Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Just a reminder guys, if you want to see people's custom skins instead of white cars, and why wouldn't you, make sure you download them before tonight's race.

http://www.aacl.net.au/skins/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

Ok this may sound stupid but I don't make skins... I want to use a skin that was created by another person. Are there any copyright issues if I upload it to this site?
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

You would have to ask the person who created it. But, if they are posting it on the AC forum for all to use, I can't see it being a problem.

Perhaps just send the creator a message to see if they have an issue with it.
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

I downloaded it from the race department website. They don't have any way of contacting the author :/ I guess it would be alright if I stated who the creator was??
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I would say that would be fine.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

If you get them from there or the AC forum they're fine to use. When people post skins for download on places like race department or the AC skins forum it's so people can use them.

It's only when people have posted skins to a league site or some such that they'll get shitty if you copy it.
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

Ok cool. Thanks for the info. I understand that opponents are plain white during the race because you haven't donwloaded the skin, but during the monza race, I couldn't see my own livery. Is this because it hasn't been uploaded to the site yet??

I am sorry in advance if all this sounds stupid. Focus much more on playing the game rather than modding it :P
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

I was using one of the generic skins and yet I was still white in the Monza race... I'm not sure why that was. :(
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I would guess that the name your provided to us didn't match the skin exactly.

Ice Watch 2014 DTM Edition

Is what you had last race. Is the exactly how it is named in your folder?? We would have all seen you as white as you didn't provide the skin for anyone else to download.
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

Righteous wrote:I would guess that the name your provided to us didn't match the skin exactly.

Is what you had last race. Is the exactly how it is named in your folder?? We would have all seen you as white as you didn't provide the skin for anyone else to download.
In the folder it is Ice_Watch_2014_DTM_Edition. Do I have to put the underscores as well?
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

AstrO wrote:I was using one of the generic skins and yet I was still white in the Monza race... I'm not sure why that was. :(
"AstrO"

That's what we had you down as Astro, I think you were OK for me. I don't recall.

To make it easier for us it would be great if everyone could pick a default skin if you aren't going to use your own. I don't know about others, but I prefer to see a grid with different colored cars, it helps me identify people are bit quicker if I don't have names turned on.

Here's a list of default skins.

mclaren_mp412c_gt3

2012-Gulf_Racing
2012-United_Autosports
2013-ART_GrandPrix
2013-Hexis_Racing
2013-Official_McLaren
2013-Sebastien_Loeb_Racing

bmw_z4_gt3

bmw_motorsport_2012
bmw_motorsport_2013_black
bmw_motorsport_2013_white
marc_vds_2013
walkenhorst_motorsport

bmw_m3_gt2

ADVAN
Aspen_White
Azurite_Black
BMW_Motorsport
Digigrafet
DSD
Endless
Falken
Gulf
Gulf2
KunosRacing
Nvidia
Ozoshi
Red_Bull

ferrari_458_s3

avorio
bianco_avus
blupozzi
giallo_modena
giallo_modena_dark_top
grigio_scuro
rosso_corsa
rosso_mugello
rosso_scuderia
rosso_scuderia_dark_top
Last edited by Righteous on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

amwarrior93 wrote:
Righteous wrote:I would guess that the name your provided to us didn't match the skin exactly.

In the folder it is Ice_Watch_2014_DTM_Edition. Do I have to put the underscores as well?
Yes, underscores too. Have it exactly as it is in the folder.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

AstrO wrote:I was using one of the generic skins and yet I was still white in the Monza race... I'm not sure why that was. :(
Actually, I remember now. You had a custom name "AstrO" when you entered. You didn't supply it, so when you joined the server, your car would have had the "AstrO" skin allocated. Which I'm assuming doesn't exist?

It doesn't matter what you set it to in your own game, the server allocated you your skin. Pix has tried to automate it as much as possible by getting you to fill it out when you enter the race. However, if you supply a name that doesn't marry up to a skin and/or you don't provide it for the rest of us, you'll be as white as Norb's ass.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Custom name? That's just the nick name filled out in the user profile and nothing else (e.g. no first or last). I didn't change the default skin name or anything like that... am I missing something?
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

AstrO wrote:Custom name? That's just the nick name filled out in the user profile and nothing else (e.g. no first or last). I didn't change the default skin name or anything like that... am I missing something?
PS This is the skin I'm going to run now that I know boxhead is using the generic... 2013-ART_GrandPrix
... Any ideas as why it won't show up when selected in the online section?
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Hey. So when you enter your time on the AACL website, there is a space where you enter the skin name you have chosen. If you leave it blank, you will appear white during the race. If you enter a skin name that doesn't match any in your skin folder for that car, you will appear white. The game and server do not send or receive skins, we simply allocate a skin to each entrant when the server is pre booked.

It doesn't matter what you select in game before you join the server.

Last week you had the skin name "Astro" allocated to you, which you must have typed in when you entered your time.

Once you joined the race server your game would of went looking for a skin with that name. It didn't find it, therefore you were white.
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

Righteous wrote:Hey. So when you enter your time on the AACL website, there is a space where you enter the skin name you have chosen. If you leave it blank, you will appear white during the race. If you enter a skin name that doesn't match any in your skin folder for that car, you will appear white. The game and server do not send or receive skins, we simply allocate a skin to each entrant when the server is pre booked.

It doesn't matter what you select in game before you join the server.

Last week you had the skin name "Astro" allocated to you, which you must have typed in when you entered your time.

Once you joined the race server your game would of went looking for a skin with that name. It didn't find it, therefore you were white.
Ok so my understanding of this is if we go onto the practice server, our car will be white because the skin hasn't been allocated to the server, but in the actual race the livery will appear?
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Correct
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Cheers mate, I didn't think the AC skin system was that poor. Hope they get it sorted soon otherwise it's just extra work for series admins... :/
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Yeah, there isn't really a system in place, which is why we have invented our own for now.

As long as people assist by entering a name when they enter their time, it's pretty straight forward from our end.