The last time you fell over?

all the ARSE dribble
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

The last time you fell over?

Post by durbster »

When you're a kid you fall over all the time and it's usually fine, because it's not far, you're bouncy and do it all the time, but you get to a certain age where falling over carries danger.

I've nearly fallen on my arse twice times in the last couple of days. First was socks on an unusually shiny section of a hard floor, and then the next day I almost missed the last step of the stairs so only dropped a short distance and was able to keep my balance.

I've been trying to remember the last time I properly fell over*. Now I'm in my 40s now so I suspect that when it happens, it's probably going to really hurt.

When was the last time you fell over?

*I've just remembered - I dislocated my knee playing football last year and went down like a sack of potatoes!
Last edited by durbster on Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: The last time you fell over?

Post by w00dsy »

I have it happen occasionally at work, usually losing my footing tripping over a roll of carpet or vinyl. It's a weird feeling when you're older.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Does getting back heeled in the plums by junior when getting him out of a trolley at Target and dropping like a sack of spuds count?
XLV SPORT
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Two years ago, tripped and fell backwards trying to shut a silo lid connected to a long wire cable, came a poofteenth from impaling myself on crane hook sticking out of a piece of equipment, nothing like the threat of permanent disability to keep you focused on safety.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Why is the only surprising thing about that bails that it hasn't happened for 2 years?
eek
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Does falling off my mountain bike count?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

pixelboy wrote:Why is the only surprising thing about that bails that it hasn't happened for 2 years?
Because I've become a safer person.
Mind you since that day I've also,

Touched an open electrical circuit and burned the end of my finger, twice, because I wasn't sure if it was really live the first time.
Sliced open my hand 3 times.
Glued my hand to the side of a shed when experimenting with different water-proof sealants at work.
Mutilated 2 fingers by crushing them against rocks and hard places.
Broken 1 toe trying to tap dance.
About 30 separate incidents of first degree burns (my job involves melting together plastic at 550c so that's expected)
Stuck a craft knife into my knee.
Gave myself food poisoning.
Ran over my own foot.
Caught Gastro twice in a month.
Hopped a fence wrong and bruised a testicle so bad that I couldn't walk for three days.

Also I got my fumigators ticket, and haven't killed myself yet.
And then yesterday I found an old fumigating fan in the shed, pulled the vent cover off and gave myself a face-full of fumigant, which thankfully just means a nice head-ache for an hour with the stuff we use.

But I haven't fallen over in two years!
richo

Post by richo »

Had a pretty decent fall while rock fishing last week a small wave turned the rocks to ice and I hit my head pretty hard along with a big hit to the knee/shin.

Last time before that was breaking both hips as an idiot teen by jumping into a moving train with roller skates on...

Could have waited for another train but no we can't do that , three and bit months in hospital was the end result along with 12 pins per hip.
[]D [] []v[] []D
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

About 5 years ago I was going to my car and the works car park was a bit of a muddy bomb site and my left foot just caught a slippery bit at edge of a pothole, folded under me and I went over and hit my left thigh on a large bit of rock that was partially buried. Luckily it was winter and I had my hands in my pockets so didn't stretch and arm out to brace myself and risk a broken wrist but I did have a huge hand size black and blue bruise for several weeks.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Was at the skate Park with my Master 6. After telling my wife I wouldn't do too much, I went to the top lip and subsequently bailed. I did the old person's run, but the legs got shorter. Eventually did a commando roll. But of bark off my knee and shoulder and a scolding look from my wife. Hurt like a bastard too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Bails MacKenzie wrote: Because I've become a safer person.
Mind you since that day I've also,

Touched an open electrical circuit and burned the end of my finger, twice, because I wasn't sure if it was really live the first time.
Sliced open my hand 3 times.
Glued my hand to the side of a shed when experimenting with different water-proof sealants at work.
Mutilated 2 fingers by crushing them against rocks and hard places.
Broken 1 toe trying to tap dance.
About 30 separate incidents of first degree burns (my job involves melting together plastic at 550c so that's expected)
Stuck a craft knife into my knee.
Gave myself food poisoning.
Ran over my own foot.
Caught Gastro twice in a month.
Hopped a fence wrong and bruised a testicle so bad that I couldn't walk for three days.

Also I got my fumigators ticket, and haven't killed myself yet.
And then yesterday I found an old fumigating fan in the shed, pulled the vent cover off and gave myself a face-full of fumigant, which thankfully just means a nice head-ache for an hour with the stuff we use.

But I haven't fallen over in two years!
Are you certain you're not a talking lab rat or sentient crash test dummy? That's quite a list of accomplishments. We should get a life insurance policy on you for sure.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

A few years back, I was cleaning up palm fronds from the yard, some of them can be 2-3m long and I was standing right in front of a little concrete garden bench, picked up the frond and turning around it got caught on something and with the bench there I I lost my balance and ended on my arse. Nothing real dramatic though to be honest.

The last time I can think of before that was many years ago, the building I lived in had a D shaped ramp for cars up to the entrance doors which was on level one. I'd usually walk up and down this but one day coming out it was drizzling, part way down the ramp it went from some sort of exposed concrete aggregate to tiles and whoosh I was on my bum before I knew what happened lol

I'm early 40s though so falls aren't much of a danger for me, yet :)