Supercars 2020

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

pab

Re: Supercars 2020

Post by pab »

norbs wrote:What series doesnt have an overtaking issue?
Formula Vee?
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Santaria

Re: RE: Re: Supercars 2020

Post by Santaria »

w00dsy wrote:The Gen3 are knocking 200kg of downforce off the cars. Hopefully that'll help
I worry that losing downforce will lose pace. Laptimes need to drop in top end categories in my opinion, each year/gen cycle. Keeps it interesting.
I would love to a see a no money spared series with no rules. Safety rules only, but they could just bolt bits to a fighter cockpit or something?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Would you be able to notice the difference between a 2.04min lap and a 2.08min lap? I'd love to see them more like this. As long as they're on the ragged edge in qual I don't really care too much about the actually speed

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Couldnt agree more, I like F1 being the fastest and what not, but supercars I couldnt care if they did 2min 15 second laps, just need to be hard to drive
richo

Post by richo »

Replace them with Toyota 86's but triple the field , personally I thought they were the best racing over the weekend.
[]D [] []v[] []D
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

w00dsy wrote:Would you be able to notice the difference between a 2.04min lap and a 2.08min lap? I'd love to see them more like this. As long as they're on the ragged edge in qual I don't really care too much about the actually speed

I probably wouldn't, but that's not saying that I don't want Tech and power to improve the lap times each gen or year.

Is racing too saturated now or something? I don't find joy watching the supercars anymore. Hardly follow them at all but would gladly watch Goodwood every week with the different cars.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
pab

Post by pab »

What I noticed from watching Brock's lap compared to what I saw on Sunday is how rarely he allowed to car to get onto curbs (and every time he did it almost spat him off). The modern cars seem to be able to run over curbs as if they're not there.

I guess the sense that racing today is sanitised compared to the old days is a bit like what's happened to golf, technology and professionalised training has meant that the players have outgrown the courses which has changed both how the game is played and how it looks to spectators. Essentially, the cars have outgrown the tracks?

The other day I was thinking the same thing about football. In the old days cheer squads used to cover the ground in streamers and banners on the fences, there was a rawness (I'm not talking about all the dirty hits either (I hate that some want that brought back into the game), just the atmosphere of the event) to the game that's gone now, I think anyone my age misses that.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
richo

Post by richo »

Santaria wrote:
w00dsy wrote:Would you be able to notice the difference between a 2.04min lap and a 2.08min lap? I'd love to see them more like this. As long as they're on the ragged edge in qual I don't really care too much about the actually speed

I probably wouldn't, but that's not saying that I don't want Tech and power to improve the lap times each gen or year.

Is racing too saturated now or something? I don't find joy watching the supercars anymore. Hardly follow them at all but would gladly watch Goodwood every week with the different cars.

Goodwood is such fantastic racing , close racing with lots of movement in the cars .

As always with modern racing it's aero that stuffs up close racing ,honestly I couldn't care less if they ran 2.30 if they are up each others arses swapping position constantly.
[]D [] []v[] []D
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

As always with modern racing it's aero that stuffs up close racing ,honestly I couldn't care less if they ran 2.30 if they are up each others arses swapping position constantly.
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
eek
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I fucking love the Goodwood weekend. It goes to show how much aero has changed the way cars handle.

Even that video above of Brocky. I would love to know how the aero on the compares to today. That is 30 odd years ago, but in that time the technological change has been breath taking.

Who would like to see F1 cars sliding through corners?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Manual Gearboxes also add an entirely new dimension. Fuck off aero, bring back the shifter!
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Penske have confirmed they're pulling out and that McLaughlin is now a full time Indycar driver. Looks like it'll be Will Davison and Anton Depasquale.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Hopefully DJR with Ludo still there can keep the momentum going. I don't want T8 domination to return. I don't trust Tickford to be able to stay competitive but we'll see.

Good on Scottie. He's a nice guy and crazy fast.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Rick Kelly is retiring. There was talk floating around yesterday that David Reynolds was possibly leaving Erebus and taking Penrite with him to Kelly's due to issues dealing with Barry Ryan.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Reynolds hasn't been happy at all this year has he? So Anton and Will Davo at DJR. Who will Erubus pick up alongside Will Brown?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I reckon it'll be Brodie Kosteki.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

So Adelaide has been canned which is a shame. I wonder they'll have as the regular season opener in future (after Bathurst sprint race next year).
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

w00dsy wrote:Penske have confirmed they're pulling out and that McLaughlin is now a full time Indycar driver. Looks like it'll be Will Davison and Anton Depasquale.
Confirmed!!!

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

If Ludo Lacroix sticks around as AdP's engineer. He could take the fight to 888
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I hope they maintain their form. I don't trust Dick though.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Ryan Story is the one driving that team, and from what I understand he bought out penske's share. not sure how accurate that is.