COVID-19

all the ARSE dribble
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Re: COVID-19

Post by nutty »

norbs wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:53 am The "let it rip" argument is ridiculous. The people working in the health departments around the country have been stressed for nearly 2 years. But hey, fuck them, let them suck it up. You know if that Pentecostal c**t or Jen and the girls got sick, they would get the best treatment. Fuck the proles!
Ive been going back and forward with this for a bit, I actually think its time for us to move on. The problem is we have done our part, we got vaccinated when we could and are 90+% vaccinated as a nation, we have lived through lockdowns to flattern the curve/protect the vulnerable, and gave the gov ample time to setup what they need compared to other countries.

I think having a number of small sensible restrictions in place (masks for indoors, rapid tests for travel ect..) makes some sense, but its time to open up, the rest of the world has moved on.. its time for us.

But the problem is the government have failed here.

With sensible restrictions comes government support, we need a proper covid safe app using the newer apple/google notifications service not some bs one that cost us 100mil that never worked. It should be tied to a national covid checkin app and track and trace service that allows people to know if they are in close contact, they need free rapid tests sent to every home for symptomless close contacts and easy PCR tests for those with symptoms. Easy access to payments for contractors with a positive PCR test to encourage them to stay at home and not spread.

We got none of this, we left it to the states or did fuck all.. and here we are
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

It frustrates me the amount of Facebook educated people there are. A close friend of ours isn't vaxxed ("pro-choice") and she whinged a local takeaway wouldn't serve her. Her husband is double vaxxed just to keep his job. I've stepped away from social media just to calm down mostly.

When they say we're 90% double vaxxed, I just find it hard to believe. There's a lot of people locally that probably aren't with the amount of discussion and whinging about having to be.

I'm lucky I can work from home. Some of my coworkers chose to go without a job instead of vaccinating as it became a requirement to be vaxxed in the disability services sector.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
norbs

Post by norbs »

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Prior to christmas, the CE from our work (State Government dept) put out a directive that we all must work from home until the end of January. So I can only presume they knew what kind of clusterfuck was about to be unleashed. Just yesterday my cycling club has put a self imposed 2 week pause on all club racing and training.

Prior to all this, South Australians were happily, albeit cautiously, going about our lives, attending events and going out almost as per normal. Now we're second guessing ourselves and asking whether it's really worth stopping for a coffee, or visiting people. What was the point? :rolleyes:

I guess this is what happens when you treat a health issue as an economic problem :no:
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

NSW - 35,054
Vic - 17,636
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

There an interesting thing going on in South Africa, which was the first place to find Omicron. They had a peak and now it's dipping almost as quickly as it went up. The deaths are significantly lower than they had at their peak too.ImageImage
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

1st day back at work today.

No one wearing masks and two people coughing. FUCK OFF HOME YOU SICK c**t*!!!

Im sitting at my desk and the only one wearing a mask as my kids are not able to get their vax till the 19th and my wife and I cant get our booster till the 15th...
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
richo

Post by richo »

Son has the virus of unknown origin and now we wait for the wife and my tests to come back yay.

2022 delivering already .
[]D [] []v[] []D
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Seems to be a bit of a story kicking off about Novak Djokovic being able to go to Australia to play in the Open when nationals are not allowed in or even allowed to cross state borders. He's a known anti-vaxxer but they say he has exemption to play. No, sod off. He shouldn't be any different to anyone else.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
norbs

Post by norbs »

Big Kev wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:24 pm Seems to be a bit of a story kicking off about Novak Djokovic being able to go to Australia to play in the Open when nationals are not allowed in or even allowed to cross state borders. He's a known anti-vaxxer but they say he has exemption to play. No, sod off. He shouldn't be any different to anyone else.
Well Ricciardo couldnt come home for god knows how long, now this cock head can waltz in. I bet there are still a bunch of people that cant get home.
norbs

Post by norbs »

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Djokovi ... cal=trends

And it is away, the tweet express is seething.

#DjokovicOut

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Novax
norbs

Post by norbs »

pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

eek
norbs

Post by norbs »

Good. But you have to ask, why did it get to the point it has?
norbs

Post by norbs »

Gold!

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

At this point does it matter if we let unactivated people in? I love seeing this flog get denied but I'm not sure if there's a valid reason anymore.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Yeah I agree.. Novak is a twat and its funny.. but if he passes a PCR test what does it matter.
eek
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

You still want the general pop vaccinated, like yes the changes of Novak catching Covid and ending up in a hospital is 0.. but we have taken the approach of strong arming people into vaccines (which I support by the way).

You cant let some high profile person skip that
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
norbs

Post by norbs »

Jesus christ!
norbs

Post by norbs »

It is hard not to at least smile a little.

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Re: VIC reporting 51K new cases today.. .
Are any other states reporting active cases from RAT positive results?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

My brother in Melbourne tested positive using a RAT one week ago. Went and got a PCR test the same day. Hadn't received any result until he finally got a text today saying his sample was no longer valid for testing purposes and just to isolate until his symptoms disappeared.

So we're at the point where the case numbers are almost meaningless. Labs are so overwhelmed they can't even get through all of the tests let alone do so in a timely manner. And there's bugger all RATs available either. Stay at home if not feeling well - by the time you get a result / test you'll be out of mandatory iso anyway.

It's really just the hospilisation / ICU numbers we need to track now.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"