Why are Ferrari being tossers?

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Why are Ferrari being tossers?

Post by Big Kev »

I don't understand what threat Minardi is to Ferrari. If anyone was going to object with reason it would be Jordan and Red Bull.

I would love the GPWC to succeed. The 'real' F1 championship would be an utter sham. Ferrari on their own hotlapping at 17 tracks or Ferrari +9 other severely underfunded teams of unknown or 'back from retirement' drivers who would get lapped every race. What a worthy world champion that would produce.

I'm not sure the other teams NEED Ferrari to make the championship work. They all have plenty of fans to turn up at the tracks and I can't see TV not wanting to show greats like Williams and McLaren battling it out.

Bernie and Ferrari are playing a dangerous game, banking on the rest seeing their way. I think they're going to be sadly disappointed. Ron Dennis and Frank Williams for starters, won't be playing it their way I don't think.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
breakneck

Post by breakneck »

I don't understand it either Kevin :(
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Red Bull are now too... but then again, they want ferrari engines so they're ferrari's bitches atm
pixelboy

Re: Why are Ferrari being tossers?

Post by pixelboy »

Kevin Clark wrote:Bernie and Ferrari are playing a dangerous game, banking on the rest seeing their way. I think they're going to be sadly disappointed. Ron Dennis and Frank Williams for starters, won't be playing it their way I don't think.
Yeah I agree.. Spoilt brats comes to mind.

The one big thing they have up their sleave is that Bernie has exclusive contracts with the Race organisers. Even if GPWC gets going they will have trouble getting races at any of the current F1 tracks.

Either way its going to be interesting.
eek
fp

Post by fp »

I don't understand why Ferrari are allowed to break the rules all the time without punishment, but the bitch and whinge whenever anyone else does the same.

They've got the FIA by the balls somehow.
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I kind of see both sides, no one should be allowed to run an illegal car no matter what the circumstances. I'm not sure Minardis excuse is really valid, that they didn't have the money or time, well Jordan have and i reckon they are in a worse position than Minardi. On the other side, Minardi aren't going to bother anyone at the back, especially not Ferrari, so for the good of the sport they have acted like spoilt brats. But i just saw on the news that they have now allowed them to run, but officials have not.

by the way does anyone else think the McLarens look like a viking is driving them when you see them head on?
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

w00dsy wrote:by the way does anyone else think the McLarens look like a viking is driving them when you see them head on?
Definately from the "dash-cam" or they could be mimicking this little fellow :lol: