Australian GP - Discussion

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Chaz
Stig

Post by Chaz »

Coopz wrote:
Chaz wrote:heres some photos I took today and a small movie to show where I was - http://morella.customer.netspace.net.au ... e_GP_2005/

not a bad day, the atmosphere is good, but if you want to watch the actual race, its still better on tv...
Nice pics. What camera were you using?

Always loved the sound F1 cars make when they shift gears, sounds like a subwoofer:) Tv doesn't catch the sound effects.
Olympus C-770 Ultra Zoom
http://shop.centre.net.au/index.html?ca ... it=product

Those pictures are reduced by 65% as well. Bloody hard to take a photo of an F1 through the wire barrier, they are either going too fast, or the camera focuses on the fence.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Here's a couple of pics I took at the track over the weekend. I ended up with 270 shots though so this is only a small sample. :tilt:

http://img138.exs.cx/gal.php?g=miniimg38004wt.jpg
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Oooooooooooooo an Egale. What did it sound like ?
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

fourthof5 wrote:Oooooooooooooo an Egale. What did it sound like ?

http://2ndamdlvr.homestead.com/files/eagle.wav :yikes:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

fourthof5 wrote:Oooooooooooooo an Egale. What did it sound like ?
Awesome. It screamed so much more than the one in GPL. Way more raw too.
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

Exar Kun wrote:Awesome. It screamed so much more than the one in GPL. Way more raw too.
i got a video of it drive past, with sound, but the mic in my camera just couldnt reproduce such a noise, i doubt anything could though... :)

i really liked that BMW 6 series course car they had flying around, made the sort of noise i think every V8 should... :)
Now with Added Flickr
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

9ra55h0ppaH wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:Awesome. It screamed so much more than the one in GPL. Way more raw too.
i got a video of it drive past, with sound, but the mic in my camera just couldnt reproduce such a noise, i doubt anything could though... :)

i really liked that BMW 6 series course car they had flying around, made the sort of noise i think every V8 should... :)
Yep, they've had that course car for a couple of years now - they always get a cool exhaust. We didn't get to see much of the Merc safety car - the SLK55 - but it sounds most excellent too.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

The noise the Eagle made was awesome! I could not get over it. I wish I had a way to record a sample of it at the time but I didnt.

Every aircraft at the GP like the Sea Hawk and the 767 all came over the Clark stand but the F/A-18 was way farking awesome! The passes he made over us had everyone in the Clark stand gob smacked! I'm taking a video camera next time for sure. I should see some good shots from the digital SLR I was playing with at the GP tomorrow. I'll post some pics.
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

You gotta have an external mic for those (using vid camera or minidisc etc)... Its definitely possible to record such awesome sounds - take the BRM mp3 that went around a while ago for example :vibes:

Still have to get a way to reproduce the vibrating of your lungs though :p
I saw somewhere some subwoofers installed into a sofa...
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

man, i've forgotten where that BRM mp3 is :( loved it. on the site i saw it, it had other car sounds too so I think i'm just about to go googling
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

Re: the Stoddart/FIA/Vic Court (leaving aside the issue of Stoddart's piss poor performance in not being ready)

A complete load of bollocks!

If I'd been the Vic Supreme Court Judge, I would have slapped Max in gaol for contempt. WTF does he think he is telling the court what it can and can't decide. But as the action was withdrawn on Sunday morning, I can only conclude that Max's guts returned when he realised he could make threats and impugn others without danger of actually being called to account for his actions.

The "regulations" and "international rules of motor sport" are just contract terms, nothing more and certainly not any form of legislative authority. Its a pure commercial dispute and who else but the courts decide such things when the parties can't agree. Stoddart seemed to think he had obtained a variation of the terms in January when everyone said it was OK to run his 2004 car. Others, it seems, had different views.

The court granted an "injunction" to allow Minardi to take part in prac & qually with a view to hearing the arguments from both sides about participation in the race...I'm quite sure the FIA knows what an injunction is notwithstanding how they may portray it in the press.

Its as much a beat up by FIA as it was by Stoddard. I would think a lot of race organisers would have the FIA back in the very courts they slagged off, to redress any withdrawal of events should they attempt it.

I think we can all all stop running around in circles and wringing our hands about withdrawal of motor sports from Australia.

Phew....that feels better. Nothing more to see here, please move along. :rolleyes:
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

:iagree:
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Scotty. I have the BRM incar sound on my Site.

http://4of5.speedgeezers.com

go to Real Engine Sounds.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

woohoo, thx nige
fp

Post by fp »

am i the only one who is disgusted that our national anthem was lip synched? :mad:
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

fp wrote:am i the only one who is disgusted that our national anthem was lip synched? :mad:
FP, it happens all the time. It stinks. Who lip synched it this time? Bloody professional singers should be able to do it 1st time.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

A not-so-Auatralian-Idol (one of the losers)
:doh: They're all losers, aren't they? :faint:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yep, as usual it was horrible too. FFS - it's not some modern soft R&B song with frilly singing. It's a National Anthem!! Sing it straight and strong. Almost anyone from the crowd could do a better job than most these singers they get to perform at sporting events... :rolleyes: