iSafety iRatings

iRacing
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: iSafety iRatings

Post by Exar Kun »

Sarsippius wrote:I've got both of mine up to almost 4.50 now :D
From what I gather when your license is upgraded it resets back down to 2.50 and you need to build it back up again, though it's not quite so easy as on the rookie license.
What I'm wondering though is if you then need to wait till the end of the 12 week skippy/late model series to then go up to the next license above that.
I think it was going to be the same deal - go above 4.0 and you can "race up" a class.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

When is the current season over and the new licenses issued out?

I guess its at the end of July but im just wondering if there is an actual date posted anywhere?
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

KNAPPO wrote:When is the current season over and the new licenses issued out?

I guess its at the end of July but im just wondering if there is an actual date posted anywhere?
4 weeks from whenever this one started. Not sure exactly when that is though. And I don't know what happens in between series either.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

If you look at the series page you will see that they are all finishing at the end of the month which is why the licenses will be upgraded as far as i know. That's what I was getting at before, the rookie seasons are four weeks which presumably means rookie licenses, if they meet the requirements will be issued D Class licenses at the end of each 4 week series. The Skippy/Late Model series are 12 weeks long so I'm thinking that might mean you will have to wait to progress from the D Class to the C Class for the end of each 12 week series.
I think you're right Exar that a 4.0 SR with a D Class license will mean being able to race C Class cars like we can race the Skippy with a 4.0 SR on a Rookie license.

Ok, found this in the code
Earning a FIRST License
Each new iRacing.com™ member starts with a Rookie License for each racing Category, Road and Oval. Thereafter, FIRST licenses must be earned.
License advancement is based on two factors:
Completion of a minimum participation requirement.
Achievement of a minimum safety record.
Licenses are earned or lost only at the end of a season.
Licenses must be obtained in sequential order, and although a member’s safety record in one racing Category does have some influence on his or her safety record in another racing Category, the minimum requirements and license progression are Category-specific.
Minimum Participation Requirements
Rookies are required to complete at least four Time Trial sessions OR two Race Sessions prior to the end of their rookie season in order to earn a Class D license (provided their safety record meets the minimum standard).
All non-rookies are required to participate in at least four Time Trial sessions OR four Race sessions during a single 12-week racing season in order to be promoted (provided their safety record meets the minimum standard).
Sessions must be completed in series that match the driver’s current highest license level in order to complete the minimum participation requirement for promotion to the next license level. Participation in lower-license-level sessions will not count.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

in refer to 2.2.6 i take it means you cannot jump from rookie to C class in one go? it has to go rookie D C B A
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Yeah thats the way i understand that as well Neil.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Sarsippius wrote:I've got both of mine up to almost 4.50 now :D
From what I gather when your license is upgraded it resets back down to 2.50 and you need to build it back up again, though it's not quite so easy as on the rookie license.
What I'm wondering though is if you then need to wait till the end of the 12 week skippy/late model series to then go up to the next license above that.
When we went up to D license our SR went down 1.0, so I think SR is a 10 point scale with some overlap between license levels which is why it will be harder to go up at higher levels. So rookie is 0 to 5, D is 1 to 6, C is 2 to 7 etc, but it's always displayed as 0-4.99.

That means if your SR levels out at 4.5 in the rookie class, then it'll be equivalent to 3.5 in D and 2.5 in C.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Ok my question of the day, when you get contact and it says 0 > 4, or when you lose control and it says 1 > 2, what does that mean? i'm not sure on exact numbers that it says just from memory it's those
Hello :aussie:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I think it tells you the penalty points you get. 0 for light contact, 1 for offroading, 2 for spin, 3 for contact with stationary objects (wall) and 4 is the highest for hard contact with others. if there's a chain of incidents, the highest counts.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Tim Wheatley
Face like a pie
Face like a pie

Post by Tim Wheatley »

ysu wrote:I think it tells you the penalty points you get. 0 for light contact, 1 for offroading, 2 for spin, 3 for contact with stationary objects (wall) and 4 is the highest for hard contact with others. if there's a chain of incidents, the highest counts.
If you run off the track (1), then spin (1-2), then hit the barrier (2-3), then bounced back on the track and hit another car (3-4), you would have an incident point total of 4 from that chain.

If you make contact with someone else and see contact (0), then a few seconds later, see contact (0-2), it is because the person you touched has now spun.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

ohhhhh, now that makes sense. cheers fellas
Hello :aussie:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

u know if i actualy just rode around on the rookie races, instead of being my normal pig headed self, i would be 4.0 by now i reckon
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Have a bad race neil? :D
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

usual, 7 off track moments
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Lol... i'm takin it easy most of the time... but i spit the chewy if I go off once. Tryin hard to get as high as I can on road.
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

you need to get your oval up :P

I want to get my oval to 4.99 and road i dont care tbh anywhere above 3. just so i can keep going up in lisences
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I did an 11 lap race around VIR in the Skippy last night. I scored one inc point (on the last lap!!) and had also got a point whilst pushing too hard in the warmup. My SR went up by 0.06. Then I did a qually session. 4 laps and 4 inc points gained and my SR went up by 0.03. What the hell? Seems to be worked out pretty strangely to me.

LOL Neil - my worst ever race was an oval race with 8 points but none were my fault - two collisions with spinners. At least I still managed to go up somehow. I've had a 7 point race once in the Solstice at Limerock but I calmed down a bit after that one and my worst race since has had no more than 1 point.

My main problem with getting my SR up is I just don't get to do enough races.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Bloody hell Exar! I haven't had a clean race yet I don't think. I manage at least 1 every race. 2 or 3 is pretty typical for me. It's usually just dropping a wheel onto the grass or something like that. I had a good one last night, led from start to finish, but again, dropped the wheel off once. I did get a PB during the race though, 1:28.5 round Summit, I was pretty happy with that. I'm consistently into the 8's now.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Wow, that's an awesome time. 29.6 is all I managed on Sunday. Only did two races but I don't know how much faster I could actually go anyway. The Solstice frustrates me too much after trying out the Skippy. It's nice to be in a car that responds to changes in direction!
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I have found the back section of Summit is where all the time is made up. The gearing is a pain in the arse because you can't really stay in second because you are bouncing off the rev limiter but if you go into 3rd it's got no go. In the end I decided a quick change up to 3rd before throwing it straight back to second seemed quickest.

The last corner you have to turn in early then nail it and drift waaaaaay out wide on exit onto the main straight.

I have no choice but to enjoy the Sole less and the moment, soon my pretties.... soon.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yeah, I found myself bouncing it off the limiter rather than the quick change to third. It amazes me how once yeah get the throttle down in the tight right hander it's all foot to the floor until a bit of a lift for the final corner.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Bah, I wish I had time to actually work on my ratings, I'm trying hard to find time to make it up to 3.0 before the end of the current series but it's not looking good. beginning to wonder if the subscription was a waste of time for me, not because there's anything wrong with the sim, just not getting good hours per $ value from it, since buying it I think I've played for maybe 2 hours in total. :(
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Im at a point where I cant decide if I should just keep going to get to the raiting I need to enjoy the game more, or give up cause I cant be bothered.

I brought the radical and raced around a few tracks with it, really really fun so yer I think its time I start working away at that raiting =)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

do you think that some of you guys have bitten off more than you can chew in the fun factor area?

In direct response to Nutty, I realise that the Radical sounds like shitloads of on track fun, but it will be ages before you can race the thing against others. Will that ultimately be a waste of money if you lose interest before you get there?

I guess what Im getting at is that in my case, Im still getting heaps out of the Solstice. I have not spent anything above my original $20 so therefore I have nothing else to drive. Mick pointed out that its hard going back to the Solstice after driving the Skippy. Im finding the Rookie Legend painfully slow after the Adv Legend. So I am forcing myself to not buy the Skippy until Im ready to race it (it is called iRacing, not iTesting). Im hoping that once I get into the Skippy, I will also find it hard to go back but then I hope I dont want to go back. All you guys who are driving the higher class cars have no choice but to go back if you want to race and are possibly not enjoying it as much cos you know what is on offer later.

My advice would be to race what you can in the here and now, then look forward and spend the cash. Its not all about financial considerations either. Im holding off to get the best possible experience I can out of what I started with.

If that makes any kind of sense :)
--------------
Stu
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

I was going to say similar things Stu, thanks for saving me the time ;)
balls & boobs. . .