Gran Turismo 5

All GT discussion
WizardHat

Re: Gran Turismo 5

Post by WizardHat »

lol who didn't see that coming?
The only thing we really need is a good tune, good view & a good brew.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

LOL you at least will get the chance to play Duke before GT5 (is you didn't hear, DNF is playable at the mana bar this weekend)
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

meh......Sony deserve a big kick up the ARSE! This has nothing to do with creating the perfect driving experience and everything to do with releasing it when their target market is on school holidays so mum and dad will buy it for them!
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Not happy just, cancelled the 2 days off I booked in to play all weekend........... I guess I'll be buying NFS:HP first now
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

dvestate wrote:Not happy just, cancelled the 2 days off I booked in to play all weekend........... I guess I'll be buying NFS:HP first now
or Forza 4... :D
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

and waste my cash on a 360, surely not :lol:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Sounds like it was related to Sony wanting to make the game comply with new firmware that would make it harder to pirate. This delayed the completion by only a few days but meant they missed their blu-ray production window - with 7 million plus copies and on the run up to Christmas, it's no small task to reschedule.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Ill be getting Forza 4 too, but this is the console game I have been waiting for. Doesnt bother me waiting until its out. Too many good games coming out over the next 4 months anyway.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

More news... or actually not... but still, I would have 6months of wood if this were true... Look out Woodsy...

http://games.on.net/article/10546/Motor ... _Turismo_5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

"we cant get the game out on any sort of release date we set now, but lets add more content anyway!!!"
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Did you click the link?

They said it wouldnt be an option until GT5 was done. I think that would include some buffer time whilst they wait to see the reaction of the fans and critics and see what the competition does in response.

;)
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

the game would need to be released before you start working on DLC in my opinion..
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Geez the dev team dont do themselves any favours... how about releasing it first. We are not asking too much now are we?
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

:doh:

Am I being punk'd? Norbs put you three up to this didn't he? Or woodsy?

Did you read what old matey from Polyphony Digital said? I'll post it here for the lazy feckers.

From GON.

"According to Kazunori Yamauchi, the head of Polyphony Digital, in discussion with PSM3 magazine:

"The environment we have right now allows us to drive motorcycles, but we need to get Gran Turismo 5 done first"

"Once that's out of the way, if there's a strong demand for bikes, that's something we'd consider."

;)
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I read it, and i couldnt help but wonder why they would bother making this news public when they just recently had to back down from their most solid release date so far during the games looooong overdue development.

"The environment we have right now allows us to drive motorcycles, but we need to get Gran Turismo 5 done first"

I read that as. We have been playing with some basic bikes in GT5 (behind the scenes) and we are letting you know its possible to get them in the game but we need to concentrate and get this thing finished first.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I was just poking fun mate.

I am looking forward to it for sure. They first Tourist Trophy was one of my favourite games and I am disappointed my PS3 isnt PS2 compatible.

I dont think that this information would have anything to do with the delay and I tip my hat to them for releasing some info about where they are heading with the technology. Ok, so only 200 cars are in HD but the game looks fantastic and I for one would wait til next year if required for this game.

I'd be happy to pay for both too. I have already convinced the "warrior princess" to let me have our current TV for the office and asked for a new wheel for Christmas.

;)
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Is 1,000 different cars really necessary? Also, of those 1,000 why do we need each and every model variant from the base to the top line? More importantly, why the fuck include shit arse useless hippie hollywood feel good wanker hybrid cars? It's not like that will save the environment in a game unless the game has virtual climate warming.... even then the benefit of a current hybrid car is questionable.

Perhaps the designers need to learn how to cull and that quality over quantity is better. The game has cars nominated as standard/premium and I understand only 200 of the 1,000 are premium. I'd rather they cull the crap and make 500 premium cars, or leave it at 200 and make the tracks more detailed... or even better, make it so there are more than 8 cars in a race.. how about 30.

That's my rant, perhaps I'll be proven wrong, but from past experience of owning GT, GT2, GT3 and GT4 half the cars included are filler content crap that are waste of button pressing in buying and modifying.

I'm sick of the GT series becoming a virtual garage and not the epic race game the original started out as. Every new version has only been more cars, a couple more tracks and better graphics with the occasional physic tweak. Yet I still buy them.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Rots wrote:or even better, make it so there are more than 8 cars in a race.. how about 30
it'll have 16 cars on track iirc.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yea 16 on track.

I totally agree Rots, seriously how does a Kombi compare to an AMG CLK 63 or F40 etc. They even have some WW2 German Army patrol car in this version. Its a little funky...

Bring on the bikes and some more authentic tracks. Plus Aussie Utes and Aussie Race cars.

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Anyone know where to order the Signature Edition?

My brother in law was asking, I found Fishpond.com.au have it for $259. Anyone bought off that store before?

Apart from JB, Eb and Harvey Norman, I wanted to see who had the best price?

;)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I reckon 259 might be close to the best price you'll get it for. I think i've seen it for like 250 flat somewhere but can't remember for the life of me where. 259 sounds alright.
petey

Post by petey »

I've always found it interesting that a game with so many hours of development can miss a simple and blatant part of the simulation. Treadmarks and semi realistic tyre smoke. Especially with the top gear test track coming, it I can't do some decent nuts or burnouts then imho it is a failure.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yea, they have always failed at that. Even NFS 1 had good skiddy's and smoke.

Cant fucking wait for this one... just hired prologue to help me practice a bit.

;)
Speed

Post by Speed »

Looking forward to GT5 for sure.

I made an observation when I used to own a computer games store. When people who couldn't drive played our demo machines, they loved to do burnouts. :D
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;