Spam King
Spam King

Re: ARSE GT5 League

Post by nutty »

think you can join any friend thats in a room with us
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I've lost connection twice :/ Also Ysu that was very nice racing :)
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Chowing down on some wine and pizza, will be in soon fellas! :)
Steve
---
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

fuck unsuspected system update. can we hold off?

Can't join either. Nutty, can you accept my friend request please.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Righteous wrote:fuck unsuspected system update. can we hold off?

Can't join either. Nutty, can you accept my friend request please.
Bump
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

hey man sorry race got started.. join now should be fine!
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

starting next race in 3min!!
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

that was very fun, my first online race on GT5 haha

nice racing with rots, I think the tyre wear kept catching me, always had to brake a bit earlier in each corner and I did a 1:04.4 in the race :D
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Great racing in both, little bit of dodgem cars in race 2... but the physics engine isnt too bad at handling collisions.

Sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves, so what car/track for next week.. Im thinking laguna seca in someform of American car..
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

First time racing with you Lads, and i happy with a good 4th in first race, was unluck in 2nd but you get that - Brettmang "Nutty" awesome battles bro so close so fair :nod:

Congratz to the crew for organizationssssss......
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

First race went like a dream even got a new PB. Second race I quickly fell to last place and ended up having a great battle (which seemed endless) with Righty. Gee Righty you can make an Evo X seem very wide :yes: :D

The new update was very timely, I found tyre wear really well done.
Last edited by wabbit on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

wabbit wrote:First race when like a dream even got a new PB. Second race I quickly fell to last place and ended up having a great battle (which seemed endless) with Righty. Gee Righty you can make an Evo X seem very wide :yes: :D

The new update was very timely, I found tyre wear really well done.
Ha! I didn't really consider the multiple updates that were going to be required to get in to the race. Plus zero praccy with the wheel. But it was definetely fun Wabz.

Going to make sure I log in early next time. I'll be missing next week though, so enjoy all.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I was great light fun, I really needed this ;) Good racing Knappo, Wabs, Rots, and everyone!
I've somehow run a 1.03.79 in the 2nd race, there's something tricky about this track.

In the first race my tyres were really shoddy by the end. In the 10-lapper it wasn't such an issue.

Sorry for all the taps and hits :) It just comes from racing the AI too much I guess, hehe.

oh, and I love the damage & tyre wear, it's very well done!
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Only got in for the final race - my first online race. But was pretty impressed. A lot of in-out racing; cars overtaking everywhere! Great fun... Good to see pretty forgiving code on the bumps.

Did anyone save the replay(s)? I forgot to. Would be cool to see my car from other players perspective - I hope I wasn't laggy.

Had a good fight with Nutty for the first few laps until I got a small bump tailing him sending me wide. Was catching up and I braked early for first corner and had Madcap come from a couple car lengths back up the inside and almost bump me off the road outbraking himself. He ended up doing it again the next lap which allowed me to get right on his bumper; got up the inside into the hairpin (on the green stuff) and got through. A few words were said and I'll admit it wasnt the cleanest pass (rubbing) but I didnt dive bomb him off the road and I just held my inside line - perfectly fair in my opinion. Made a mistake a bit later unfortunately and he got passed again but got a good run on him into first corner. I braked very early trying to get a tight line but he decided to keep going and take out Nutty (I think?). Managed to catch up to Rots and got on his inside going around the final corner only to see him spinning off into the dirt. Not sure what happened there. After that It was pretty boring managing the gap and holding onto 4th. Managed a 1:03.86 or something in the race but I think it was more to do with slipstream effect then anything else. By myself I could only manage a 1:04 something
Hopefully next week I can make it a bit earlier and get some more racing in :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

ReppohC wrote: Did anyone save the replay(s)? I forgot to. Would be cool to see my car from other players perspective - I hope I wasn't laggy.
I did, both.
But I've nfi how can I get it off the ps3 and in what format ... I'll see what I can do.

As for the lag; there were a few sideways-jumps but it's expected with this many people on one ps3 acting as server.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

ysu wrote:But I've nfi how can I get it off the ps3 and in what format ... I'll see what I can do.
Just looking at this aswell. It seems with GT4 you could play a reply on a computer. Another option, yet poor is to record the race to a VCR/DVR then convert to an avi.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

hm...the export is not a video, but the actual replay files.
Here they are.
http://ysuprogramming.com/public/gt5/BC ... RPL001.rar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://ysuprogramming.com/public/gt5/BC ... RPL002.rar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

unrar to a usb key and you can import it into gt5 on the ps3, I believe, under the game data section. (that's where the exported file was)
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Im off to bed, ill do results/update first post in the morning.

Thanks for the good racing guys
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

nutty wrote:so what car/track for next week.. Im thinking laguna seca in someform of American car..
For American cars we've got (before the stupid powered ones):
  • Mustang V8 GT (299bhp/FR/1630kg)
  • Dodge Challenger SRT8 (425bhp/FR/1878kg)
  • Chevrolet Camaro SS (426bhp/FR/1755kg)
I'm thinking a "low" powered car and maybe setting Traction Control set to 1, I can't see these cars being easy to handle for people using controllers.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I hope you dont keep restricting yourselfs to ones available for free online, because there are some very cool cars out there... *caterhams*
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

GT VIRUS wrote:I hope you dont keep restricting yourselfs to ones available for free online, because there are some very cool cars out there... *caterhams*
I'm all for using cars from our garage at some point, but I reckon ample warning is in order so we can save up and buy them ;)

Also: we need to set limitations - how much modding is allowed, etc. (all mods would be simplest of course, I don't think you can remove all mods, eg weight reductions...)
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

ReppohC wrote:Only got in for the final race - my first online race. But was pretty impressed. A lot of in-out racing; cars overtaking everywhere! Great fun... Good to see pretty forgiving code on the bumps.

Did anyone save the replay(s)? I forgot to. Would be cool to see my car from other players perspective - I hope I wasn't laggy.

Had a good fight with Nutty for the first few laps until I got a small bump tailing him sending me wide. Was catching up and I braked early for first corner and had Madcap come from a couple car lengths back up the inside and almost bump me off the road outbraking himself. He ended up doing it again the next lap which allowed me to get right on his bumper; got up the inside into the hairpin (on the green stuff) and got through. A few words were said and I'll admit it wasnt the cleanest pass (rubbing) but I didnt dive bomb him off the road and I just held my inside line - perfectly fair in my opinion. Made a mistake a bit later unfortunately and he got passed again but got a good run on him into first corner. I braked very early trying to get a tight line but he decided to keep going and take out Nutty (I think?). Managed to catch up to Rots and got on his inside going around the final corner only to see him spinning off into the dirt. Not sure what happened there. After that It was pretty boring managing the gap and holding onto 4th. Managed a 1:03.86 or something in the race but I think it was more to do with slipstream effect then anything else. By myself I could only manage a 1:04 something
Hopefully next week I can make it a bit earlier and get some more racing in :)
Hey Repphoc,

Not sure what you call racing mate, but did you see ur car in race 2? It was one big mess i think every panel was damaged on your car and watching you in front and from the rear it seemed you just pushed your way through - rubbing is rubbing but i think you where a bit more agressive.. anyways the reason i went off is i didnt want to get cleaned up by you in the first corner on the 2nd race lap 6-7 Rots was up front of me and i looked back a sec to see where you where coming on the inside and screwed by braking point nearly taking out riots and then allowing you to move through.... Anyways next race try and keep it clean mate, we all here for clean racing and desperate dives can take out fellow drivers!!!

Ill post some picks of the 2 races and yes i do have both replays, i am sure you will be surprised in how much damage was on ur cr, surprised it still drove to keep up :yikes:

Once again i new to this forum and the drivers i hold the upmost respect for all as i been doing league racing on for the last few months and find it fantastic fun...

See you al next week for the same close racing we had tonight :yes:

Nutty, looks like you and i share some nice battles :D
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Race 1 had some good battles with Ynot, but eventually I hit the wall causing me to damage my car. When I went to pit, I entered pit lane to fast and when AI took over, well, the car left the pit lane from sliding and I got stuck with AI pit lane bug. It's where the AI takes over control and doesn't get back into pit lane. Rather it tries to drive through the wall and eventually just drives the rest of the race. Only way to egt back control is to let the race finish or quit. That happened about lap 12/13. Stupid bug.

Second race I started on pole position for some reason, had a few good battles with Ynot, Ysu, Reppoh and Madcap but I suffered PS3 controller fatigue (sore thumbs!) and made a few mistakes. At one point spun it. Had a moment of freaking out when madcap missed his braking point into T1 watching reppoh... but ya missed :p
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

Rots wrote:Second race I started on pole position for some reason, had a few good battles with Ynot, Ysu, Reppoh and Madcap but I suffered PS3 controller fatigue (sore thumbs!) and made a few mistakes. At one point spun it. Had a moment of freaking out when madcap missed his braking point into T1 watching reppoh... but ya missed :p
I actually left after race 1 so it must be my ghost that stayed there :p
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Fun stuff!

Race 1 I started somewhere around 4th or so but on the outside and I was too nice into the first few corners (too much trying to keep it clean from iRacing I guess) and I was bundled back and eventually pushed off track and damaged before the back stretch. Pitted from almost last place at the end of lap one and after that it was just pretty much hotlapping my way up to 6th or so as other people fell off the track.

Race 2 was pretty awesome though. I started well back this time but had the inside line and stuck my elbows out for the first few corners to at least keep my place! From there I managed to pick my way through the field and even caught the battle for the lead between knappo and ysu on the last lap. Set a 1:03.6 on the way there which wasn't too bad. Great fun!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"