FMR SPRINTKART SERIES 2007 - Official Thread

LFS chat
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

Sorry HZ, I have to work late tomorrow night as well, 99.9% sure i wont be able to make it either.

Sorry mate, good luck to everyone that's competing.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Sorry Hz.............

Im out tonight 25-1-07 as well. :(
Just found out that i gotta work late as well, FFS!!!!

If im home in time ill jump in the server like last week. :yes:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Damn. A lot of pull outs for tonight. I wouldn't be opposed to delaying this round til next Thursday if it means bigger numbers
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

At this rate I'll be able to turn up and win by default. :lol:
Blowtus

Post by Blowtus »

next thursday suits me better, I'm only a 50/50 chance for tonight at this stage. Knowing me I'll be covered in grease and swearing at my bike until early tomorrow morning, getting ready for tomorrow...
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

well, considering over half the field cant make it. I have decided to postpone this round until next week.

However.. i am gonna be runnin some super special stage runs tonight instead, come on if you like..

When u jump in the server, dont just jump in and race, wait ur turn, Basically its 2 cars at a time, the winner stays in.. loser goes out, next in line jumps on..

Will be runnin the Rb4 for some slidey fun, and a little later maybe the fxr.. which makes an awesome tarmac rally car mind you.

password will be : Atko
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

well not that it matters but i cant make it now either lol!
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

Not that Ferret will mind :)

But i'm out again this Thursday, have a meeting at a cricket club that i can't miss.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Gougoodthing wrote:Not that Ferret will mind :)

But i'm out again this Thursday, have a meeting at a cricket club that i can't miss.
:lol:

i also wont be able to make it to this one will be in Melb (miss the first 2 days of school whooo)
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Rumble

Post by Rumble »

sorry guys im out for tonight too
Ill knuckle down and study tomorrow, im going racing today.
aoun

Post by aoun »

Well im able to race... just waiting for the PM! =)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

No PM for tonights race guys, i am just seriously stuck for time and dont have the half hour to send pm's, so.. the details are as follows...

Server: FMR
password: Lightning

9pm Vic time.. come one come all...

Tonights racing will run a little different. due to severely droppin numbers of entrants, the Heat system tends to suffer due to small fields.. so tonight.. everyone will run in each race... Points will be allocated for each race for the round position (not for the Championship)..the final round positions will translate to the champ points.

Race 1 (random grid)
8 laps

Race 2 (reverse grid)
8 laps

Race 3 (grid decided on combined points from race 1 & 2.. given a point tie, highest placed racer from race 2 will place higher on grid)
15 laps

Each race will score points as follows :- 1st: 20, 2nd: 19, 3rd: 18... and so on, with 1 point differentials (remember these are not champ points)

Sorry if the change is a little late notice.. but due to lack of numbers rearanging the spreadsheet to accomodate smaller fields is a pain in the ass, and i'm sure you'ds all rather race with fuller fields.. cheers..

PS.. track and server is up runnin now
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Sweet - Will be in a bit later, hope it's a track I've seen before :)

Looking forward to it!!
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

If I don't make it, I'm still cleaning up the blood after my wife invited guests over for dinner :(
Blowtus

Post by Blowtus »

crap I forgot all about it! :( I've booked myself in to look at a car sorry guys. If by some chance I get home in time I'll jump in and see if there's room, but if someone wants to race in my place chuck em in.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Damn! Look at the tumble weed blow by. Umm....I mean is there anything happening tonight?
aoun

Post by aoun »

Im free tonight.. are we racing? =)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Sorry guys, not happening tonight. I have about a 26kb connection, which drops out about every 5 minutes, Bigpond is having some issues in my area at the moment as my sister is in the same boat with her net connection.

I think this series is destined not to finish. seems problems keep arising every week, wether it be net problems like tonight or just lack of interest full stop. Its a shame but yeah. I'm basically pulling the pin on this one for now.. Maybe we can run the last 2 rounds in a couple of months when some interest is generated again..

Once again, sorry fellaz, was really hopin this series would survive
aoun

Post by aoun »

=(.. im on cable.. i can try host the race if u want..
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

aoun wrote:=(.. im on cable.. i can try host the race if u want..
u also want to organise the spreadsheet? jump too and from LFS imputting data into spreadsheet between and mid races? save every single replay? then calculate the championship points and so on...

nah its off...
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Damn that sucks.

[RANT]
Nothing annoys me more than when someone (Hz-Lab in this case) goes to the effort of organising an event and then people don't see the series through, I wish people would think a little harder before saying "yeah I'm in" and then just not show up without a post in the forum at least explaining you won't be able to make it.

It is disrespectful to the people running the event and to the others racing in the series. If folks want people to run events in future, committing to running the full series goes along way towards people wanting to run more events down the track.
[/RANT]

Sorry Hz-Lab that it ended up this way, I hope you get the urge in future to run more events, I enjoyed the races that were run and I thank you for your efforts mate. :yes:
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

HZ, if you ever run short on servers, MPR have two servers currently running.. just have to say the word and we'll host your runs. Just have to set us up with the .lyt files, and we'll give you the admin access to set it up.

Just saying, is all.
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Yeah this sucks Hz, I know you put allot of effort in.

I really enjoyed the nights, hope we can have another series soon.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

The server is not the problem, Pix has kindly donated one for this series, however, due to the nature of the series, it requires an organiser, namely me, to calculate on the fly. And like i said, my net connection blows tonight, i tried to get on to lfs before and just kept on d/c'in. Also, lack of numbers really hamper the format too.

I agree with shonky. It does piss me off a bit. I love organising events and so far like to think that the FMR events have brought some new ideas and something original to the plate for people. Its a little deflating when u cant make numbers, especially after the initial response to the series was so good.

Don't worry though Shonky, I have another event in the pipeline. announcement will come very soon.. (possibly even tonight).. and it requires very little commitment, so hopefully people can deal with that...
aoun

Post by aoun »

I would record data ofcourse, and yah save all replays.. ya know... i dnt say ill do it and back out..

but mabye early notice?? well next week if you cant host im able too..

and yahh i agree with shonky! if you say, "im in"... be there!!!