COVID-19

all the ARSE dribble
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Re: COVID-19

Post by smithcorp »

We all got negative test results today. We went out to get tested at midnight Wednesday morning, still waited 1.5 hours, but we can end isolation. Except for Ruby, two more days. Sorry to hear your predicament durbs.

In contrast to past waves, we now know lots of people who have caught this, or been caught up in it.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Presumably it's the Omicron variant spreading now?

At least it seems to be a bit less severe than Delta.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Father in law got an SMS today stating he had a casual contact. So off he went to get tested. No quarantine though which is good as we're 6 hours away from home.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Ruby got her all-clear today. No testing, but completed her isolation period.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

That's good news. Just in time for Christmas!
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Phew yes, but a neighbour up the street who is aircrew is positive and locked down over Christmas :(
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

:eek:

NSW 11,201
VIC 3767
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Mental...

Its also soo fucked, im down in Wollongong now and a bunch of people I know have been pinged for close cases, one tried to do the right thing and queued for 4 hours before they gave up.. i assume that number is REALLY low as there will be a bunch of people with rapid tests coming back positive and isolating and what not..
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I've heard people are being turned away from some testing places down here due to large numbers.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

SA 1,471... we now have comparable numbers per capita to Vic & NSW and our cases only went up on the 15th after opening up a month ago...

Testing is ridiculous here (not coping with the numbers and results are taking days) and contract tracers and exposure site announcements gave up after around 2 weeks.

Heard we are being asked to work from home today but yet to see anything official. I go back to work on the 5th for 3 days before having another week off then my booster on the 15th. Sux my kids cant get their first shots till the 25th!
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Tried to do our day 12 PCRs - the 24 hour test facility at Roselands is now operating limited hours. Went there at 5.50am (6am opening time) and the queue was already 1km long, and extended along the M5 Motorway! Other local one had a 400m queue 2 hours before opening time. Massive governance failure.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Hot spots have been flaring up all over Central QLD. Even rural areas. The majority of it for us has been backpackers as it has been the backpacker hostel that's been flagged numerous times.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

KNAPPO wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:37 pm SA 1,471... we now have comparable numbers per capita to Vic & NSW and our cases only went up on the 15th after opening up a month ago...
My brother just posted on FB that he tested positive :/

Says he doesn't know where he could have picked it up from. If i was a betting man, I'd be looking at the (probably ill-advised) pub meal for Christmas lunch ... :rolleyes:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

CLP wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:19 am
KNAPPO wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:37 pm SA 1,471... we now have comparable numbers per capita to Vic & NSW and our cases only went up on the 15th after opening up a month ago...
My brother just posted on FB that he tested positive :/

Says he doesn't know where he could have picked it up from. If i was a betting man, I'd be looking at the (probably ill-advised) pub meal for Christmas lunch ... :rolleyes:
Ooffff, that sucks. Hope he will be ok.

I had two of my best mates back in Adelaide over Christmas. One lives in Mildura now and the other is a FIFO worker so hard to catch up. I decided to not go for a pub meal catch-up in town to avoid any possible exposure as it seemed like a sure fire way expose yourself, especially as a meal would turn into 8+ beers quickly...

We are only going out for food really. I did spend an hour and a half in 99 Bikes the other day picking up two new bikes for the twins but that's been it. Pretty boring way to spend Christmas holidays but the alternative would be worse, at least all my 3 kids are getting me back on the bike again.

Our kids can only get one dose before school goes back as well so its going to be interesting what happens next year regarding schools with so many kids catching this shit.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

21,151 in NSW :yikes:

:fall: :fall: :fall: :fall: :fall: :fall: :fall:
eek
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

H :fall: LYFLURKINGSCHNIT
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

The good news is the numbers will get lower because a lot of people will just stay home rather than go wait in line all day to get tested.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I know a lot will be on hols because it's a short week, but it's been pretty quiet when I've been out and about. Had a picnic today at Newington Armory and it was a ghost town.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

What a fucking shitshow this has come to here... Nobody can still get rapid tests.. Scomo fucks up again and doesn't order any and decides to let everyone know the free market can source/price them as they want... because “We’re now in a stage of the pandemic where you can’t just make everything free,”.. unless your a LNP mate collecting job keeper despite making billions in profit.

3rd party testing clincs are shutting down as they reduced the medicare benefits on them http://www.mbsonline.gov.au/internet/mb ... et-Cov.LTI.

So lines are absolutely fucked as the state run clinics.. I had friends waiting outside on the QLD sun for 4.5 hours yesterday.

for me personally I drove back to QLD on the 2nd, I was lucky I kinda expected this rapid test shortage so I went and brought 10.. lucky we could cross with a rapid test .

But I get home and my sister has it, we hung-out for hours on NYE and my whole family is a close contact.. I started feeling like shit late yesterday, did a rapid test this morning and its negative which is good. But QLD rules are to wait 7 days then do a PCR test if I have symptoms. Lucky for me I have a job that can let me work remotely/take time off to wait in line for a test.. imagine if you didn't..

Fuck me we had 22 months to sort this shit out, and its worse than ever.. people better remember this garbage at the voting booth
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

This summs it up.

NSW Today. 23,131 cases on 27% positivity rate.. I imagine the actual number of cases is at least double that amount...
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yep it is completely farked but was always going to be, once we hit the 90% vacc rate they were always going to pull the pin & leave it to run amuck.
What they didn't factor in was the new variant so they have had to pull forward our booster shots to try combat it but again it's too little to late.
Mind you I don't necessarily disagree with the approach but the lack of planning to have RA testing kits available & enough vacc supply at any point in this whole epidemic is what grinds my goat. As our Nations leader this is where the farkwit Scomo & his cronies have failed us terribly.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

My wife and I went to an ice cream place in Williamstown the other day and only 1 other person wore a mask, out of about 20 in there. Not really surprised it's spreading the way it is. Also i've known a couple of people that have been turned away from testing sites and it seems impossible to get a rapid testing kit here. So the numbers are probably going to be double the official numbers. The chemist told my wife they had 200 phone calls yesterday from people looking for test kits.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

The "let it rip" argument is ridiculous. The people working in the health departments around the country have been stressed for nearly 2 years. But hey, fuck them, let them suck it up. You know if that Pentecostal c**t or Jen and the girls got sick, they would get the best treatment. Fuck the proles!

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

These pricks need to come shower people in full PPE. It's hell and you are most likely the only contact people are having as anything health is locked down.

My dad suffered bradycardia last Monday, a heart rate of 28 bpm, and we could not get into hospital with him as the place is in lock down. Lucky he is ok and only medication was messing him up. I have a cold but in this day and age any infection is a risk.

Kind of glad I have another year of school to go as it's now crunch time on the health system as they wanted people to go spend big over xmas. :rolleyes:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

The numbers are all bullshit. I think we can all agree, it's running rampant.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill