Def staying up tonight!!
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Ashes 2009.

Post by Hazelb »

norbs wrote:
Hazelb wrote:Well at least thats out...
I think this would have to be Ponting's worst test in a fair time. Dropped a sitter, miss fielded, failed with the bat when they really needed him. I wonder if Fletcher has gotten under his skin?
Could have, but he was solid in the first test...
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

pixelboy wrote:wow... it could be a interesting final day.. be funny if we won this one :)
Would be very interesting indeed, and totally possible :eyepop:
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

If anyone can throw it away its the poms :nod:
eek
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

pixelboy wrote:If anyone can throw it away its ponting :nod:
:lol:
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I agree pontings isn't the best captain we've every had.... but man.. he's not got a lot to work with does he?
eek
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

:)
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Well done.. too good..

Freddie bowled like a demon that session!
eek
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

would have thought strauss deserved the man of the match... was it 2 or 3 of Flintoffs wickets that weren't out?

england def played well, but they really have a lot go their way.. winning tosses, umpiring, better batting wicket/weather. Im glad Ricky has obviously decided not to dwell on it though.. and the end of the day, we just didnt bowl well enough. Was interesting listening to McGill and co after that match saying they thought bring Stuart Clark in for Siddle... have to be kidding right? Siddle has been bowling well i thought, even though hasnt taken heaps of wickets, hes had the batsmen ruffled at times, and can at least bowl on the stumps... id leave him and kick Johnson out for Clark.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Spot on Dex..

Too good but had the rub of the green firmly on their side...

Lets not forget they were also bloody lucky at Cardif where the weather on day 4 worked for them loosing around a session.

We need Hughes and Johnson in better form if we are going to win the ashes...

We need Clarke in and Siddle out...I dont think we can afford to drop MJ...I dont think Lee is the answer...
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

:D
... and Yep, you didn't bowl well enough... :vibes:
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

Keep Hilf, drop Johnson.. dunno about Siddle (at least he's not going for 7 an over). Bring in Stu Clark and Binga.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Just did a quick calc rethe bowling stats...I have excluded the part timers and just included the 4 mainline bowlers...

Hilfy
92 overs, 9 for 286. Ave = 31.7 and 3.1 RPO

Mitch
82 Overs, 8 for 331. Ave - 41.3 and 4 RPO

Sidds
80 Overs, 7 for 312. Ave = 44.5 and 3.9 RPO

Horrie
84 Overs, 9 for 264. Ave = 29.3 and 3.1 RPO

Based on those numbers, I would suggest PS is the one who will get a rest next match for SC to rejoin the team. Cant agree with you MC on the Siddle comment, hes not bowling any better than MJ based on the numbers above. Also had a look at the batsmen dismissed, fair spread across them all re batsmen and tail enders...

And after all that, have to say, we wont win the ashes with bowling stats like that, unless we make 600 every time we bat and it doesnt rain and the umpires man up re physios and water boys coming onto the field in the dying stages of a test match...:)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

hmm yeah but theres been times when siddle has been really at the batsmen... and either ponting will take him off.. or hes just unlucky not to have picked up a wicket. Im not sure i trust the stats alone. Johnson got most of his wickets with an older ball, he seems to know how to use one of those.. give him a new ball and hes all over the place. MJ is meant to be our strike bowler here, he's meant to be chucked the new ball, i just don't see him performing well enough. Just think Clark, Hilf, and Siddle would be a better combo. Johnson was going for 50 off 7 overs not long back, its disgraceful. Norbs will recall me defending him in the passed, but im not right now. I still think Siddle is doing a better job, regardless of those stats.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

It is becoming a very disturbing trend that Australia just can not bowl a proper side (ie not NZ) out twice in a match. Thinking back at the games Australia have lost recently that has been the number 1 issue. It is not like they are getting blown out of the water like England circa 1993, it seems like most matches they are in a position to win but at the critical times when someone needs to step up and take wickets it is just not happening and there are too many spells of bad bowling to make things even worse.
Clark does not fill me with confidence as being the answer either, he will most likely do a good job but even before his injury he was getting squeezed out due to an inability to take wickets. In combo with Warne and McGrath he was fantastic but what weapons does he have as the main man? Great teams have a great bowler, a real spearhead - its an unavoidable fact and I am not seeing any real greats at the moment wearing a baggy green. Good, honest, hard working guys sure, but no greats. Without a strike bowler everything else has to go absolutely perfectly to win and that is bloody hard to do for 5 days!
XLV SPORT
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

i concur....

But hey, its obviously Pontings fault.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Well, we're deffo without the skunk for the rest of the series. Not going to be easy to find a replacement with the same 50 average, current favourite is Bell who doesn't have a good record against the Aussies. Seems Freddie is going to bowl through the pain, my guess is he'll be out after the next test. Fortunately the weather over here is deteriorating into our usual summer instead of the scorcher we were promised, could be our saving grace :D
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

So to translate - Pietersen is not playing again this series?
XLV SPORT
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Err yes, sry thought most folks would know who I was on about :(
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

KP out, all we need now is Freddy to snap his leg off on day 1 of the third test and the rain to stay away...
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

We only need to win one, it can rain out the other two!
XLV SPORT
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I dont have any vision of the current 3 dayer, but Johnson is still going for over 6 per over in both innings so far.

Has anyone asked what Stuart Clark is doing next week?
--------------
Stu
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Australia's selectors have pulled a major selection surprise by axing Phillip Hughes from the starting XI for the Edgbaston Test. The move, as revealed in The Australian newspaper, will see Hughes make way for Shane Watson after a string of modest totals prompted by a susceptibility to short-pitched bowling.

Fark. Watch Watson bruise an eyelash and be out for the tour! I bet that means Johnson stays. What does Clark have to do to get a run?

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 22,00.html

Say it isn't so.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Its a joke... not that its going to matter, I doubt a result is possible in this test.. rain for today, sat and monday..

> http://www.weatherzone.com.au/world/eur ... birmingham

Interesting quote..

"And it's worth noting that Shane Watson has usually batted at No. 4 for Queensland in Sheffield Shield cricket. When Justin Langer retired, Watson tried opening in the Shield to push his case as a Test opener. In his only six innings opening he made 0, 0, 0, 15, 13 and 0"
eek
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

dumbass selectors..