ARSE GT5 League

All GT discussion
SE1Z

Re: ARSE GT5 League

Post by SE1Z »

So much fun last night guys!

If I hit anyone I'm really sorry, my first online race since LFS... it's hard not being able to look sideways AND using thumb sticks! hehe

I was soooo off the pace, but it was awesome!!

Let's do it again soon!
:D :yes:
Steve
---
h00ligan

Post by h00ligan »

Lasts nights racing was good fun, race1 I started in 3rd (not sure how that happened as I was only doing 1:05's with the sticks) held it for a lap then took it on the grass and a wall jumped in front of me so I had to pit. I had to miss race 2 to take a phone call but look forward to next weeks racing :)
Image Image Image Image
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Looks like you guys had fun! I wasn't going to steal the telly all night however. Did a couple of laps when the room first went up. It was fun.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

i want in next week i didnt last night because there were huge thunderstorms all night and didnt wanna risk it, i was playing gt5 the whole time but didnt wanna disco
Shaun / Tearjerker69 add me ppl :D
Hello :aussie:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Gizmo wrote:Looks like you guys had fun! I wasn't going to steal the telly all night however. Did a couple of laps when the room first went up. It was fun.
I'm actually playing from my desk - simply plugged the ps3 into the center monitor's HDMI input. Long live the dell monitors!
This way my wheel is at hand, too. And my comfy office chair. ;)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Ahh Shaun that's you. Gotta re add you now :)
h00ligan

Post by h00ligan »

ysu thats a great idea!
Image Image Image Image
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

My wife bought me a little gamer's chair for christmas. She was 7 months pregnant at the time and instead of it being a surprise on christmas day she had to phone me up at work last month and call me home to carry it up the stairs because she was stuck outside with it in the car park. :D So I got my christmas present early and it happens to slot in under a laptop table perfectly that has the G25 fixed to it. The game is so much better with a wheel, it feels great. I plugged in a spare keyboard last night so I could chat. I could barely hear the guys who were use voice chat - is there anyway to up the volume?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

yea you can turn it up in the ps3 menu.

Results from Race2 (anyone got race1?)

1. ysu
2. KNAPPO
3. Exar Kun
4. ReppohC
5. Righteous
6. Wabz
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

nutty wrote:yea you can turn it up in the ps3 menu.

Results from Race2 (anyone got race1?)
well, the replays are here: viewtopic.php?p=274075#p274075" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the top was wabs, knappo, myself, but I've nfi of the rest, LOL
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I really wish they had qualifying. With the times so close it'd be a great shootout.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Exar Kun wrote:I really wish they had qualifying. With the times so close it'd be a great shootout.
There's some, but since the room was set to reverse order, we started already reverse order from that test half-race. And the next, reverse again from the 1st race.
The test race started in the order of best laps.
Speed

Post by Speed »

Sounds like you guys had a great time. :)

I prolly won't get a PS3 for a few months.....hope you're still playing when I do.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Come on speed, get one. You tested out the game and know how awesome it is!! ;)

SOrry i missed it last night guys, my GF suprised me with a visit and a haircut. first one in about 6 months!
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

So the map of Tassie looked more like the old USSR before the trim?
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

NeilPearson wrote:Come on speed, get one. You tested out the game and know how awesome it is!! ;)

SOrry i missed it last night guys, my GF suprised me with a visit and a haircut. first one in about 6 months!
1st visit or 1st haircut?
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Dan wrote:
NeilPearson wrote:Come on speed, get one. You tested out the game and know how awesome it is!! ;)

1st visit or 1st haircut?
and who's got the haircut, you or the missus?
Speed

Post by Speed »

I'd love to but I just bought a new TV & some more camera gear. :eyepop:
Hopefully they'll have patched it fully by the time I get it.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Speed wrote:
I'd love to but I just bought a new TV & some more camera gear. :eyepop:
Hopefully they'll have patched it fully by the time I get it.
ah that bloody camera gear, what a shame :)
it's been a while since we met on the track!
Speed

Post by Speed »

ysu wrote: ah that bloody camera gear, what a shame :)
it's been a while since we met on the track!
Yep, I always enjoyed racing together. We had some really great dices. :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

A new TV? You obviously need some 1080p racing goodness to check out on it. :D
Speed

Post by Speed »

Exar Kun wrote:A new TV? You obviously need some 1080p racing goodness to check out on it. :D
Obviously. :)
richo

Post by richo »

Just had my first race online, wow aren't the race cars fragile :) Just brush a fence and its off to the wheel aligner.
[]D [] []v[] []D
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

MADCAP wrote: Hey Repphoc,

Not sure what you call racing mate, but did you see ur car in race 2? It was one big mess i think every panel was damaged on your car and watching you in front and from the rear it seemed you just pushed your way through - rubbing is rubbing but i think you where a bit more agressive.. anyways the reason i went off is i didnt want to get cleaned up by you in the first corner on the 2nd race lap 6-7 Rots was up front of me and i looked back a sec to see where you where coming on the inside and screwed by braking point nearly taking out riots and then allowing you to move through.... Anyways next race try and keep it clean mate, we all here for clean racing and desperate dives can take out fellow drivers!!!

Ill post some picks of the 2 races and yes i do have both replays, i am sure you will be surprised in how much damage was on ur cr, surprised it still drove to keep up :yikes:

Once again i new to this forum and the drivers i hold the upmost respect for all as i been doing league racing on for the last few months and find it fantastic fun...

See you al next week for the same close racing we had tonight :yes:

Nutty, looks like you and i share some nice battles :D
I'll have to watch the replay but I did swing back out wide before you went off. I'm pretty sure I braked early because I expected you to out brake yourself (based on the previous lap). I appreciate you don't know me or my reputation (and visa versa) and based on the information at the time you made some conclusions about me, but it was your mistake not mine so don't blame me for it. I'd like to think I have a pretty strong reputation for clean online racing anyway, maybe even a bit too kind compared to some. The others here can attest to that. Or refute it :p

This was my first GT5 race and second time playing online, so I'm sorry for being a bit aggressive, a lack of understand on my behalf of what was acceptable apparently. I managed to get a handful of laps in before the race started, concentrating more on learning a new car / track, and come the race was the first time I'd ever driven around other cars online! I didn't know what to expect in terms of manners or etiquette (or net code) so I took it easy the first lap but after having you almost drive me off the track and muscle your way passed (causing most of the above said damage) it seemed to me that "rubbing" was expected. Maybe some lag? I'll have to look at the replay again. Anyway based on the precedent set I certainly was going to take any chance I got getting back passed you. You made a big mistake at first corner and I got right on your bumper into hairpin. You left half a car width on the inside so I took the chance and muscled passed and closed the door on you for good measure.

Looking forward to next weeks race but I'll probably miss most of it again.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

MADCAP wrote:
Hey Repphoc,

Not sure what you call racing mate, but did you see ur car in race 2? It was one big mess i think every panel was damaged on your car and watching you in front and from the rear it seemed you just pushed your way through - rubbing is rubbing but i think you where a bit more agressive.. anyways the reason i went off is i didnt want to get cleaned up by you in the first corner on the 2nd race lap 6-7 Rots was up front of me and i looked back a sec to see where you where coming on the inside and screwed by braking point nearly taking out riots and then allowing you to move through.... Anyways next race try and keep it clean mate, we all here for clean racing and desperate dives can take out fellow drivers!!!

Ill post some picks of the 2 races and yes i do have both replays, i am sure you will be surprised in how much damage was on ur cr, surprised it still drove to keep up :yikes:

Once again i new to this forum and the drivers i hold the upmost respect for all as i been doing league racing on for the last few months and find it fantastic fun...

See you al next week for the same close racing we had tonight :yes:

Nutty, looks like you and i share some nice battles :D
Ahhh if only you knew just how good Rep is before you posted that :). I will vouch for him on any simulator as he has raced in leagues on all the major sims and done very well. Now whilst you don't know me I can assure you many, if not all, will share the same opinion as I do.

And besides it Gran Turismo -- The first thing you learned in GT is how to use another car stop you from going off, I am surprised anyone finished the race :D