I now have a manly car... grrr...

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Re: I now have a manly car... grrr...

Post by durbster »

bengatta wrote:
durbster wrote:I was after a Defender but their prices are extortionate here, so I looked at Discos too. The fuel economy and overall reliability swung it over to the Daihatsu in the end.
Economics entering the decision making process does not bode well for Manliness... See nobody I have ever met actually needs a V8... nor are they very practical. So men buy them. :)
Quite right, but money in the bank is worth a hell of a lot more than man points in my ego. :)

Have you ever tried going on holiday with man points? The exchange rate is awful.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I used to have a Ford Puma. That's a cracker of a car. Just watch for rust on the rear wheel arches.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

durbster wrote:
bengatta wrote:
durbster wrote:I was after a Defender but their prices are extortionate here, so I looked at Discos too. The fuel economy and overall reliability swung it over to the Daihatsu in the end.
Economics entering the decision making process does not bode well for Manliness... See nobody I have ever met actually needs a V8... nor are they very practical. So men buy them. :)
Quite right, but money in the bank is worth a hell of a lot more than man points in my ego. :)

Have you ever tried going on holiday with man points? The exchange rate is awful.
But you only get to have a holiday every so often, where as a V8 man car bought with man credits is every single day of your life...
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

bengatta wrote:
durbster wrote:Have you ever tried going on holiday with man points? The exchange rate is awful.
But you only get to have a holiday every so often, where as a V8 man car bought with man credits is every single day of your life...
Hmm.. spend money on impressing strangers, or this...
edit: pics removed

I'll stick with the holiday, ta :lol:
Last edited by durbster on Fri May 27, 2011 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Big Kev wrote:I used to have a Ford Puma. That's a cracker of a car. Just watch for rust on the rear wheel arches.
I do like Pumas but they're not practical enough really and even when I looked a few years ago, it was incredibly difficult to find a good one. Having said that, I certainly wouldn't rule them out :D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

durbster wrote:I keep wondering about the hot Clios too - they're superb to drive, great fun to throw around and relatively cheap to run. The 182s can be bought for peanuts here but I'd imagine there aren't that many over there. I don't recall seeing much French metal on the roads at all.
Over here they're not quite so cheep to run! Mainly parts costs. There's four 182s up for sale in the whole country on our major car sales website and they're about $15k a pop!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"