The 2hrs of Spa Francorchamps

Racing league forum for all different games.
Santaria

Re: The 2hrs of Spa Francorchamps

Post by Santaria »

Don't think I can make this guys. Sorry. Shame though, I enjoy enduros.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Race mails sent.

Some additional information:

Teamspeak: 203.217.17.118 pw: <in-email>

You must do one compulsory pitstop for tyres and fuel. They can be done at the same pitstop.

There will be a rolling start with the green flag after Eau Rouge on LAP 1. Get in order before turn one and max 80kmh through Eau Rouge. Please listen to teamspeak for instructions.
eek
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

Hi everyone. Unfortunately something has popped up at the very last minute so I will not be able to make it tonight. Was really looking forward to this race :(

Hope you guys have a great race!!
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Stupid internet not being able to hold a connection :(
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Sorry guys. Cant do 2 laps without my wheel locking up.

Hope you had fun.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I had a great time despite AC crashing twice.. :nod:

Well done to Skitz and Honorable mention to Righty who disconnected with 5 laps to go :(

Stats are here: http://simresults.net/141210-T1p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eek
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Well, what an event that was!
Quarter of the field is out before it began and the other quarter didn't make race distance!
Today I was "lucky" enough to find my ping at 1200ms when I first practiced, I then got it down to 800, 400 and finally 100, close enough to my usual rate.
Raced through tea and made Qual, made 4th on the grid and lined up for the rolling start.
*BANG* Wiped out by Hylas before Eau Rouge, checked the car and got into fifth.
Race was decent, Battled with Duke for ages before I pitted and decided to fix my broken windshield.
I've heard of Ferrari workers being brand-concious but this was bullshit, two minutes to fix the windscreen!
By now I was out of contention for good.
2nd last lap I went out and pulled a high 2:18, which was good and then drifted around the last lap, if straight-line speed doesn't work, then I can always go into drifting!

Good racing from everyone who survived, I'm just glad I made 50 laps of a race track without a single off!
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Thanks for the racing last night guys, I really enjoyed it. It was a bummer to have AC crash with only a few laps to go, but I can only blame it on Pix for saying I had a super computer.

Was great fun, I was pretty pleased that I only had one minor off. Was very fun trying to keep skitz at bay towards the end and trying to conserve fuel. It was all setup for an epic last 5 laps, but it wasn't meant to be.

Thanks for all the AACL events this year Pix, it has been awesome. Bring on 2015.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I really enjoyed last night despite the very depleted field. Congrats on the win Skitz, very impressive.
I couldn't believe the staggering amount of DISCO's but poor Righty's was just plain cruel, sorry to see that happen mate looked like you & Skitz were having a mega battle.
I'm also wrapped to snag 3rd given the McLaren sure wasn't the smartest choice in the end but with others misfortune & only a couple of off-tracks from me I'll take it.

The early battle with Hylas & Shaun was keeping me on my toes, then after I lost it & let them through I found myself in a great battle with Bails.
I eventually made another mistake to let Bails passed then spent many more laps chasing him until it was about time to pit.
Unfortunately the lap before pitting I misjudged braking into the last chicane & tapped Bails in the rear. Luckily he was able to stay on track but the damage it caused to him would ruin the chance of continuing the battle later. As he has said when he pitted he found his pit crew was none too pleased with the look of the Ferrari so they decided to fix every piece of damage. :(
Bails you should have known it's about the looks with those Italians. :p

The rest of the race, about the last 15 laps was spent on my own hoping I could stay on the lead lap, but with about 3 laps to go Skitz got by me.
I was glad to still do the full 50 laps before the session timed out. At the end I was buggered, my ARSE was near enough numb & my shoulders were aching.
But man I forgot how good it is to do an Enduro of 2hrs. :D

Oh, on another thing I have no idea what happened at the start but while I was looking for Ranga to get back behind him after T1, I look forward to see Hylas stopped dead in-front of me on the old pit straight. Lucky we got away with no real damage (sorry Hylas). Then for some reason the back of the field crawled toward Eau Rouge at 40km/hr....
In future if rolling start is implemented in a proper AACL race I think we should replicate real world. As in add 1 lap to the race distance & do a full lap with the start of the race proper at the start/finish line at the end of lap 1, as per real world rolling start rules there is no passing until you have passed the SF line.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
hylas

Post by hylas »

Thanks all, I had a fun night. Pity we had so many dropouts though, we needed as many out on track as possible.

I think I should be the one to say sorry for the poor start. I gave it a decent squirt coming out of la source (spelling nfi) and relised a bit too late that Bails infront was moving very slowly. I didn't pull up in time and gave Bails a hit square in the arse, in turn I received the same from Duke. Out of the whole incident I only received my back bumper damaged which i kept all race, didn't seem to bother it much. I also received a cracked windscreen on that incident which I also dealt with throughout the entire race. Sorry Bails, I hope the damage wasn't too bad.

After the start I was only in the pack for maybe half a lap and then all on my own I spin. Amazing I did this infront of about 3 cars and everyone goes by without a touch and I end up facing the right way without touching anything. I was only fighting for the first few laps. After the first 5 laps or so I started to make a bit of a gap from those behind me, my race instantly became about holding position. Duke was a big concern for me for a lot of the race as was Bails. Luckily for me both of them had poor pitting mid race giving me a bigger gap for the second half of the race. Bails pitting was something else, where as Duke maybe added 10-15 secs working his fuel slider. I'm stoked that I finished on the lead lap, even tho I was something like 1:45 behind. :D

Great racing guys, sorry to all that got DC'd. Hope to see you all out on track again soon!
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Duke wrote: Unfortunately the lap before pitting I misjudged braking into the last chicane & tapped Bails in the rear. Luckily he was able to stay on track but the damage it caused to him would ruin the chance of continuing the battle later. As he has said when he pitted he found his pit crew was none too pleased with the look of the Ferrari so they decided to fix every piece of damage. :(
Hylas wrote: I think I should be the one to say sorry for the poor start. I gave it a decent squirt coming out of la source (spelling nfi) and relised a bit too late that Bails infront was moving very slowly. I didn't pull up in time and gave Bails a hit square in the arse, in turn I received the same from Duke. Sorry Bails, I hope the damage wasn't too bad.
To clear up on both highlighted sections, the Ferrari only had a cracked windscreen and loose rear bumper after Hylas smacked me, The car was fine mechanically and aerodynamically.
Duke's hit caused no damage to my car whatsoever, he'd hit at the same spot Hylas had and caused no more damage to the car.
If I hadn't clicked the "Fix Body" then I would have been in contention with Duke for the end, but that's the choice I stupidly made.
Either way, good racing!
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I agree, despite application crashes and other issues it was great to get back to real endurance racing.

Maybe we should run another one after Xmas?
eek