ARSE vs XGN

Racing league forum for all different games.

Choose your favourite combo.

458 GT2 at Silverstone
33%
312T at Silverstone
33%
Lotus 98T at Monza
27%
Formula Arbath at Mugello
7%

Total votes: 15

Bails MacKenzie

Re: ARSE vs XGN

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

AstrO wrote:Bails!!!!!!!!!
You don't have to remind me mate...

I thought I was the worst ARSE driver there and in the Cobras I did snag last after a pitstop cos I minced the rears.
and I thought it wouldn't matter, since we were down a driver anyway and stupid me thought they were an XGN driver.
Gizmo, is of course, one of ours.

So I went into Silverstone and got up to 16th, thinking that the slowest ARSE driver would have their points dropped, and after surviving some big shunts I was closing in on Weeman when Astro came out of nowhere and pulled alongside me, I almost hit him and then mere corners later, I tried to go deep into brakes before I noticed Astro was on my line, I didn't slow down enough and cleaned us both up...
bugger.

And since Marty retired in pitlane and thus would have his points negated, I was once again, the last ARSE home.
At least the cars looked great.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Bails MacKenzie wrote:
AstrO wrote:Bails!!!!!!!!!
You don't have to remind me mate...

I thought I was the worst ARSE driver there and in the Cobras I did snag last after a pitstop cos I minced the rears.
and I thought it wouldn't matter, since we were down a driver anyway and stupid me thought they were an XGN driver.
Gizmo, is of course, one of ours.

So I went into Silverstone and got up to 16th, thinking that the slowest ARSE driver would have their points dropped, and after surviving some big shunts I was closing in on Weeman when Astro came out of nowhere and pulled alongside me, I almost hit him and then mere corners later, I tried to go deep into brakes before I noticed Astro was on my line, I didn't slow down enough and cleaned us both up...
bugger.

And since Marty retired in pitlane and thus would have his points negated, I was once again, the last ARSE home.
At least the cars looked great.
No problem ;)

The real issue is that Marty took me out on lap one, so I was trying to make my way back through the pack. :/
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

The sentiment was that "it was great fun" - thanks guys we've really enjoyed it!

There were a few big accidents, and quite a few smaller ones, apologies for anything from our side.
We should do it again!
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

What was the result in the end?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Pretty good races. Nice and close up the front. Shame Guybrush couldn't make it.

Think I lost out by trying too hard to stay within the track limits in the first race, and by not using a shifter. But it was a nice close race anyway.

Sucked that we lost tyre sounds with the tyre wear off. Made the Cobra a bit of a shit to drive. Only seemed to lose the sound in the race though :?
Last edited by DarrenM on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Cheers Mate,

From my perspective it was all clean and above board. Very enjoyable, well done.
Bails MacKenzie

From the results I got norbs, you'd be proud of (most of) our team.
(provisional results)
At spa 6 of the top 10 were our guys, Darren got second.
At Silverstone 7 out of the top 10 were ARSES and Darren won.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

I blame Gizmo! :D :saythat: :ymca:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

DarrenM wrote:Pretty good races. Nice and close up the front. Shame Guybrush couldn't make it.

Think I lost out by trying too hard to stay within the track limits in the first race, and by not using a shifter. But it was a nice close race anyway.

Sucked that we lost tyre sounds with the tyre wear off. Made the Cobra a bit of a shit to drive. Only seemed to lose the sound in the race though :?
Yeah we really have missed guybrush. Hopefully next time :)

Strange about the tyre sounds, we had no such problem with the cobra (nor any other car) now or before.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Off topic, but does anyone else get a FPS hit at Silverstone? Spa is fine, and the same goes for other tracks, but Silverstone seems to introduce some lag (although I don't remember it in previous versions).
WallyM

Post by WallyM »

I've got some quick results up here: http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=630.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well done ARSE, you take out the first challenge!
It was great fun. Thanks for the racing.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

WallyM wrote:I've got some quick results up here: http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=630.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry for the taps in the second race Wally. At that point I was driving angry... :(
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Cheers Wally.

Top job ARSE's. A good result. Next time I vote the fearless leader should participate.

Woohoo!
Bails MacKenzie

Whoo!
All's well that ends well then, mind you, I think I'll stick to smaller events and skinning instead of throwing myself in the deep end.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I was nowhere in the Cobra, but at least in the Fez I managed a good tussle with one of the XGNers after they put on some initially rather aggressive defence. I broke a good sweat keeping my place from that point on.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with how things went.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Top job ARSE.

Rocked up with 3 mins to spare. Quailed the Cobra in 14 and it was looking like it was gonna be a long night.

Was happy with 2 top 10 finishes and 6th overall by the looks of those results.
Last edited by KNAPPO on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
WallyM

Post by WallyM »

DarrenM wrote:Pretty good races. Nice and close up the front. Shame Guybrush couldn't make it.

I still had plenty of tyre sound. I've edited my audio.ini (in My Documents....) to set tyre sounds to 1.2.
WallyM

Post by WallyM »

AstrO wrote:
WallyM wrote:I've got some quick results up here: http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=630.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry for the taps in the second race Wally. At that point I was driving angry... :(
No worries, but it made the red mist come down for a moment ;)
All good... clawed my way back to one spot higher than I qualified, after putting a tyre on the wrong side of a kerb and spinning too.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Thanks WallyM for all your work getting this organised & making it run so smoothly.
And Yes norbs you will be doing the next one.

I had a night to forget really. But after my 1st lap mishaps in both races I was pleased to make up a few spots with some good clean battles.
What was impressive was how competitive the field of 24 drivers was.

With the damage off the usual tyre & other key vehicle sounds definitely seemed to be missing.
I did hear them on & off but they were very low volume compared to what I normally experience.
For the next ARSE vs XGN challenge I have already voted for damage to be on. :p

Astr0, yes Silverstone has always been a big FPS for me, even prior to RCv1.x. But lag / stutter like I had in Qual I had not experienced till tonight.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Duke wrote:Thanks WallyM for all your work getting this organised & making it run so smoothly.

What was impressive was how competitive the field of 24 drivers was.
Thanks for putting this on Wally.
The thing I loved the most out of the night is it got 24 of us together for some red hot competition. :bigthumb:
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I'm not sure what sound issue you guys were having because mine seemed fine. I didn't notice any difference.

Thanks Wally, Norbs and everyone who raced. Thoroughly enjoyable stuff. The lead up was as enjoyable as the racing itself. I can take my tinfoil cap off now that all the spies are gone.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Can anyone spot the problem with this picture...
wow.jpg
:yikes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bails MacKenzie

Well, to keep with the trend of retro racers, the boys and I (by that I mean myself) at Bardahl Motorsports (you know, that yellow beemer that keep spinning in the GT series) came up with a little something for our win
This ranks as a proud day for me, I made a skin and it was driven to victory.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Sorry about last night guys. I just started practicing and a couple of urgent things for work popped up :(

Shit happens.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

When you quit the server in race 2 it reminded me of the good ol days of a RAGE QUIT!!!