iSafety iRatings

iRacing
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: iSafety iRatings

Post by Duke »

Quincy wrote:
Flinty72 wrote:Thanks guys for not blasting me to hell & back also thanks for all the info. It will help me decide what do to once (if) I get an invite via registering for updates.
It is good to hear practice session count towards your SR.
um, they don't count flinty. typo?
Yep, I meant don't count :)
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
thornz

Post by thornz »

DarrenM wrote:
Shame you can't trial things to see what they're like before purchasing. I couldn't choose a better one out of those 2 tracks. VIR has a little more variety in it's layouts though
)
That would be handy, if they could implement that, say giving you a thirty minute, one off trial, of any of the cars/tracks before you purchase. Maybe I'll suggest that on the official forums if it hasn't already had a topic similar posted before.
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

I love forums. I'm glad I posted my thoughts aswell cuz currently I'm starting to see that the cost isn't as horribly bad as I first thought. It's not great but people keep bringing up things that make me realise it's not so bad... if it wasn't for you guys I'dve probably quit in a month. I LOVE YOU GUYSH!!
I think once you get going and you've paid for most of the first lot of cars and tracks... every once in a while a new combo comes along I'd be fine to fork out a six pack for. Now I've come to the realisation that I'm pretty much just a little unhappy with the original package we get... 2 cars and 7 tracks doesn't seem enough... lemme rephrase... 2 cars isn't enough.

Someone on the iracing forums made the point to me that it takes the dev team 2 months to fully scan etc. a track. Taking into account the cost of flights/food/accomodation etc. and then theres still months of developing it on computer... I can see the need for a little extra cost.
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

:up:
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

ysu wrote::up:
so what did you do in the 9pm Solstice race last night? you said sorry at the time and apologised at the end. I assume it was a kamikaze move into T1 on lap1??

share with us :D
--------------
Stu
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Bauer wrote: so what did you do in the 9pm Solstice race last night? you said sorry at the time and apologised at the end. I assume it was a kamikaze move into T1 on lap1??

share with us :D
something like that, a kamikaze start. I've started much faster than the guy in front and totally mis-judged the space in front as I've tried to overtake him. Result; hit him, spun, and two guys behind got stuck in my cars' side.
It was an absolutely idiotic move and I've paid 0.04 SR for it :) We've never got to T1, hehe.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

So is there a point of no return with SR? Ie if say you were chaz after he lost a bad hand in poker and went onto iRacing and started to take out everything and anything that had wheels including the clerk of the courses grandmother in a wheel chair, is there a way you can redeem yourself?
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Sambo wrote:So is there a point of no return with SR? Ie if say you were chaz after he lost a bad hand in poker and went onto iRacing and started to take out everything and anything that had wheels including the clerk of the courses grandmother in a wheel chair, is there a way you can redeem yourself?
you can always join the rookie races unless you're kicked from iRacing, which can in fact happen after such a session :D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

yay - I'm up to 2.64! Awesomeness. This may just take me a while to move up hehe...
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Kindjal

Post by Kindjal »

Ok I'm at 4.41 & 4.42 SR.. Hurry up I wanna race Skippies and late models!! :nod:

All i need is a lot more practice now :melt:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Quick question is there any penalty (iRating or SR) if you register for a race and not join or race it?
Same for if you quit early?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I think I saw a mention of it only counting your last x number of sessions, too. Can't remember how many but I think it was a few hundred. I can't find the post though and it was a while ago, so don't quote me on it :)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Kindjal wrote:Ok I'm at 4.41 & 4.42 SR.. Hurry up I wanna race Skippies and late models!! :nod:

All i need is a lot more practice now :melt:
geez Dan, you are having a go :yes:
--------------
Stu
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Flinty72 wrote:Quick question is there any penalty (iRating or SR) if you register for a race and not join or race it?
Same for if you quit early?
you can withdraw your registration without penalty anytime before the last 2 minutes pre race. If you withdraw in the final 2 mins, yes there is a penalty. as far as leaving the server early, I am unsure, I would assume so though.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Well I just lost about 15 points in one race - lmao
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Gee, the SR becomes a lot tougher once you start racing the advanced solstice, mine's been slowly going backwards since I switched. Maybe the track plays a part too, more distance per corner and being bigger I haven't learnt it as quick and having a few more incidents.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

So is there somewhere u can get info on the SR system and how it's calculated etc.?
brocko

Post by brocko »

Neil, Bad luck in that race, it was great three way run and it would have been an interesting finish.
I have notice that in the legends that drivers are not caring about the SR as much as they seemed to last week. Out of 3 legend races last night i was dive bombed twice and put into the wall whilst in the lead (once was by a guy 3 laps down) And in the other i was the only lucky one to get though the carnage. I'm hoping they quickly implement some sort of league system as pickup racing will quickly lose interest. Maybe once your placed in a division the racing will get better.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

this pickup racing as you call it brocko, is the leagues etc. there arent private leagues right now so this is all we have. and yes that race was shit. i was so angry, this track also makes people dive bomb a bit more, its so hard to pass

and we wont be getting any sort of irating or anything until the end of july i predict, as thats when the liscences get bumped up
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Jus jumped from 2.95 to 3.4... finally!
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I have gotten my Oval rating up over 3, but still sucking at road. The 9pm race I was winning but then got punted and my rating went down after the event.

I am getting more consistent with the car though, when I am by myself I don't screw as often as I once did.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

At that race i got one incident point, was spewing ran a tiny bit wide on the last corner but ohwell you get that lol. was cool taking out my first win and it was my first race at that track, also i had the number one on the car too. that felt good
Hello :aussie:
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I had a good qually and race in the Advanced Solstice tonight and I'm now on 3.97 :D
It definitely is a lot tougher than the rookie, the qual had one incident point and 15 odd laps for 0.07, race had no incidents and got 0.1.

As for the ovals it's far too easy to build your SR, I was up over three after only four races and I'm a complete noob to ovals and had a number of incidents in some races. I think this is why you can have a race with people with 3+ ratings and they're still doing noob shit as Neil will attest. It should be tougher so that noobs take longer to get to 3.0 filtering them out and guys with 3+ can get a decent race. Think I might actually start a thread on the official forum if there isn't one already.
Cetram

Post by Cetram »

I keep getting caught up in other peoples crashes.. It's killing my rating