Looks great Nutty!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Re: New Car [No 56k]

Post by nutty »

truck decided to reverse into me, rad support is bowed, front bar is fked.. cooler has smashed fins, guards are a little bowed, bonnet doesnt sit right and bonnet pins are f**ked..sigh

schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

sue the bastard :D
Schuey's Unobtainables
Natalie Portman -- Delta Goodrem -- Miranda Kerr -- Avril Lavigne
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

schuey97 wrote:sue the bastard :D
We aren't american's. I can't speak for SID, but i'd just be happy if he forked up for the repairs
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

SID? You mean Nutty? lol

What happen?
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Nutty.. My bad. Point still stands
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

r8response wrote:
schuey97 wrote:sue the bastard :D
We aren't american's. I can't speak for SID, but i'd just be happy if he forked up for the repairs
was only in jest
Schuey's Unobtainables
Natalie Portman -- Delta Goodrem -- Miranda Kerr -- Avril Lavigne
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Did you make a police report?
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Basically just sitting at lights and he decides to pop it into reverse and just reverse into me.. I jumped on the horn but he didnt hear.

He was trying to change lanes. sigh.

Anyway didnt bother with the police report, the guy was really cool about it.. admitted it was his fault (I had somoene in my car as a witness anyway)
Got all his details and passed it onto my insurance company. Spent this morning getting some quotes and what not.

Then driving back to work this morning, turbo started to rattle, somehow ive mangaged to crack the dump pipe.. sigh
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

ouch.. time for an upgrade you say... :lol:
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

heh, Na was just dump pipe exhaust gasket..onto my 3rd one for some reason they keep breaking.

Went out to Lakeside today for the first time, Sooooooooooooo much fun.. car held up great.. video to come

Im the middle car
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Thinking about getting a car and start doing some of the sprint races at Lakeside. You do much of that nutty?
I just today found out the track is about 20minutes away from my house, dad told me about it today said there is club racing there and might get into it.
Doesn't seem to be a website for the track, i found track attack website but it doesn't give a lot of info.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

JTM29 wrote:Thinking about getting a car and start doing some of the sprint races at Lakeside. You do much of that nutty?
I just today found out the track is about 20minutes away from my house, dad told me about it today said there is club racing there and might get into it.
Doesn't seem to be a website for the track, i found track attack website but it doesn't give a lot of info.
First time ive been to lakeside, this wasn't a full on track day but a breakfast thing they put on for clubs. Its used for an introduction to the track and to get people into sprints.
Its $15, you rock up at 7, they cook ya bacon, eggs and toast + coffee and juice. Then you get a 15min session. Its not a full cams event, so you don't need a helmet and its a low speed event. They advertise it as 120km/h, but I got up to 170 on the main strait and took most corners as fast as I was willing to go.

Tell you what, Lakeside is such a fun track, ive been around QR (in a mates car) and its not even close in terms how fun it is.

http://www.trackattack.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the site you want, he has the QR/Lakeside sprints. Im keen as now to do a full track day
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

I have the V8 Experience thing to do a QR as soon as i book it so im looking forward to that. Was talking with my dad and we might be looking at getting a car and start working on it to get out there and do some sprints, maybe eventually some of the races. Also the track being so close it is perfect. Probably a while 6 or so months away before things get rolling but id like to check it all out.
I checked out the track on google maps, it does look a lot more interesting track then the paperclip. From the look of you second photo the track looks a little overgrown, is it well kept? What are the facilities like? Just some questions i couldnt really find the answer to on the website. Im keen to get out there and check it out :D
I was on the trackattack website for a while, its pretty difficult to navigate, next event seems to be 11th of April?
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

JTM29 wrote:I have the V8 Experience thing to do a QR as soon as i book it so im looking forward to that. Was talking with my dad and we might be looking at getting a car and start working on it to get out there and do some sprints, maybe eventually some of the races. Also the track being so close it is perfect. Probably a while 6 or so months away before things get rolling but id like to check it all out.
I checked out the track on google maps, it does look a lot more interesting track then the paperclip. From the look of you second photo the track looks a little overgrown, is it well kept? What are the facilities like? Just some questions i couldnt really find the answer to on the website. Im keen to get out there and check it out :D
I was on the trackattack website for a while, its pretty difficult to navigate, next event seems to be 11th of April?
Tracks fine, looks like its been resurfaced so its quite well maintaned.
As far as facilities, it has a few undercover pit bays (they had bikes using it on sunday, so im guessing its for full on track day participants) plus a small little cafe.
http://www.trackattack.com.au/2010/inde ... Itemid=208" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that has dates for QR and lakeside.
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Thanks for the info man, Went for a quick drive out today to have a look, looks fairly nice.
by the way i like your car, nice and clean, not TOO ricer for my liking :P
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

mate let me fit up his spare wheels,
defently going with them they come to ~1450 shipped from Japan, which is .. just not too sure about the sizes on the front
his are 18x9.5+20 it clears the coilover but pokes too far I think

What ya think?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

They look alot better than the VX GTS knockoffs you have.

Chances are you'll get a defect notice if they poke out that far
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

yea bit worried about that tbh
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Just fit some wheel arch flares... lol
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Nice rims - I love the charcoal colour.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Love the red magna!
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Did a skid pan day today, really good fun.. car wasnt that fast as traction was a serious issue. But got it sideways and had a heap of fun

Some quick vids
Figure 8's
[youtube] [/youtube]
Onboard, missed 2nd out of the hairpin ;(
[youtube] [/youtube]
Spinning out then decided to do some 2nd gear fishies :p
[youtube] [/youtube]
Racing another s15, stuffed it up so decided to try and drift the whole thing :p
[youtube] [/youtube]
petey

Post by petey »

looks like fun. how hard was it to get in on a skidpan day ?
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

petey wrote:looks like fun. how hard was it to get in on a skidpan day ?
Friend of a friend invited me, you can book em out through some company, was about 25 of us and came to $85 each.