Proud to be a Claret

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: Proud to be a Claret

Post by Big Kev »

Good start for Burnley. I just hope they don't 'do a Hull' and get a load of points at the start then get nothing for the next 20 matches and just scrape it at the end of the season.

But look at it this way, you only need another 30 points to avoid relegation. Better than still needing 35-40 like some teams down there. :)

Toon are joint top, that's all that matters to me :D
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Big Kev wrote:Good start for Burnley. I just hope they don't 'do a Hull' and get a load of points at the start then get nothing for the next 20 matches and just scrape it at the end of the season.
Just what i was going to elude too.

Been a Tigers supporter for quite a while now, and was really excited to see them in the top flight. Started strongly, but waned as the season went on. Hopefully the Claret's can do a good enough job to stay there for the foreseeable future
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Big Kev wrote:Good start for Burnley. I just hope they don't 'do a Hull' and get a load of points at the start then get nothing for the next 20 matches and just scrape it at the end of the season.

But look at it this way, you only need another 30 points to avoid relegation. Better than still needing 35-40 like some teams down there. :)

Toon are joint top, that's all that matters to me :D
Great start for the Toon Army as well, hope the same doesn't happen to them :D has the club been bought yet ?

One of the good things about BFC is that they are pretty level-headed and are not expecting miracles. They know how hard it's going to be and have the right mental attitude and team spirit to give them a good shout at staying in the Prem. One thing is for sure, they won't be getting any half time team talks on the pitch a la Phil Brown :)

We've had a better start than expected but it's not going to the players and managers heads, I wasn't expecting any points till 5 or 6 games in considering the teams we have to play. With the results they have got against ManUre and Everton they have shown that nobody should take them lightly, they can score and they can defend. The huge team spirit they developed last year to get promotion and get to the late stages of both cup competitions will stand them in good stead. When they do get beaten by a big score (probably at Chelsea this weekend or Liverpool the week after) they won't let it affect them and thier heads will not drop. I see them hangin around mid table or just below all season and I think they will surprise a few people..... Prolly setting myself up to be shot down but I really think we can do a good job.... fingers crossed :)
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Johnny X wrote:has the club been bought yet ?
Nup.
Now the start has been good i suspect he'll stay on in the hope that they'll be worth more than the current 15p at the end of the season.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

well thanks to an iPhone app that keeps me informed on the progress of Burnley, I have just seen that Burnley has beaten Div 1 side Hartlepool 2-1 in their Carling Cup fixture.

Sounds like a come from behind win. WTG boys :up:
--------------
Stu
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Yep thats right Bauer. The Clarets were about 3 mins away from making the final of this competition last year but didn't quite make it. This year they could do without any long cup runs so they can concentrate on staying in the Premiership.

Clarets fielded a completely different team to the one that beat Everton on Sunday, 10 changes to the side other than Andre Bikey at the back. I listened on the radio to the game and they had a lot of posession but didn't do much with it eventually going a goal down after about 40 mins. Equalised in the second half through Fletcher and then grabbed the winner in Extra time (Fletcher again) after having a sending off and going down to 10 men. Managed to avoid some embarrasment I spose, Montey might have had a dig as Hartlepool (home of the monkeyhangers) isn't too far from Toonland.

Next big game for the boys is this Saturday when we head for the bright lights of London Town to take on Chelski, currently joint top of the Prem and potentially where we get our first pasting of the season :)
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Nice work on the avatar markus :yes:
markus

Post by markus »

Johnny X wrote:Nice work on the avatar markus :yes:
Well, you gotta show the colors :nod:
Much cycling such kilometers.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Clarets v Chelski match preview

Kick off at 12:45 today UK time.

The Clarets search for thier first away win of the season today (Another chance for Montey to get his delusional poster out :) ) Hopefully I'll be able to give regular updates as I'll be listening on the local radio station as well as watching the quali from Spa.

The last time Clarets played Chelski, Carling Cup last season....
[youtube] [/youtube]
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

The Red card was a little harsh.

Hope they do well, nothing more i like to see than chelsea get their arses handed to them
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Half time report... Clarets v Chelski

Battled hard for 45 mins keeping Chelski at bay, but gone 1 down at the death :( Glorious chance fell to Paterson early on but he put it wide, The Beast has been doing his ususal sterling efforts to keep them at bay but all in vain. Sounds like we can score if we get a good opportunity, hopefully one will come along in the second half :melt:

:faint: 10 mins into 2nd half... 3 - 0 down now :(

Final Score... Chelski 3 Clarets 0

Match report

Table

The Clarets drop down to 9th after defeat yesterday. Next game in the Prem is in a couple of weeks at Anfield to face Liverpool.
Last edited by Johnny X on Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

[youtube]VF_uOgyBK1c [/youtube]
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Lol... thats the name of the game :nod:
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

:rofl:
Montey

Post by Montey »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

:aussie:
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

This weekends fixtures

Back to business in the Premier League after a break for World Cup Qualifying. The Clarets played a friendly during the week against Accrington Stanley in a bid to raise some of the £300K that Stanley need to survive. Clarets ran out 4 - 0 winners with some needed match practice for new signing David Nugent.

This weekend the Clarets take on the full time Scousers at Anfield. Liverpool have got off to a shaky start but I'm not expecting any points here but you never know :)
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Playing my team now Johnny, I've been behind you the whole way so far, that has to stop for a week :D
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Vilante wrote:Playing my team now Johnny, I've been behind you the whole way so far, that has to stop for a week :D
Actually might not be a bad time for us to play Liverpool, they have a Champions league game on Weds night and Raffa desperately wants to win that competition. Hopefully some of the stars will be missing and we might sneak a point ;)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

good luck boys :up:

posting in a vain effort to get to 4th page. That way I wont have to load Montey's post anymore :)
--------------
Stu
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Bauer wrote:posting in a vain effort to get to 4th page. That way I wont have to load Montey's post anymore :)
Ditto.... Bloody Toon Army :D
Montey

Post by Montey »

[youtube] [/youtube]
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
fp

Post by fp »

While we're on the topic of random funny football videos...

[youtube] [/youtube]
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Grats Vilante.... not a good day for the Clarets at Anfield

Liverpool 4 Clarets 0

Apparently the Clarets had a good first 20 mins with Paterson missing an easy chance (yet again) but downhill after that. We've got 6 more points than most people thought at this stage so hopefully we can start getting some results against the other also rans over the next few games :fall:
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

This weekends fixtures

Back to fortress Turf Moor this weekend to take on Sunderland in the early kick off. We're 100% at home.... hoping the trend continues :)
Montey

Post by Montey »

Johnny X wrote:This weekends fixtures

Back to fortress Turf Moor this weekend to take on Sunderland in the early kick off. We're 100% at home.... hoping the trend continues :)
Ah hoop u's beat tha livin shite out of em.

[youtube] [/youtube]

[youtube] [/youtube]

[youtube] [/youtube]

[youtube] [/youtube]