Ferrari 599 replacement - Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Ferrari 599 replacement - Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

Post by Vilante »

There would be many more cars to choose from wouldn't there? You could buy a car from anywhere in Europe from there and drive it home.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Vilante wrote:There would be many more cars to choose from wouldn't there? You could buy a car from anywhere in Europe from there and drive it home.
Nope, you can't, really. I'll give you a few minutes to think about why (it's not the water!) :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

ysu wrote:
Vilante wrote:There would be many more cars to choose from wouldn't there? You could buy a car from anywhere in Europe from there and drive it home.
Nope, you can't, really. I'll give you a few minutes to think about why (it's not the water!) :)
If you're happy to live with a LHD car then there's no reason not to. Heaps of LHD Ferraris getting around the UK. And things like the E30 M3 were never built in RHD but there's a bunch of those on UK roads too.

Not sure why depreciation in the UK is so huge. Part of it could be rust but then heaps of other places in Europe and North America should suffer the same fate. Part of it could be insurance prices. as far as i know, it's mandatory to have comprehensive insurance (not just CTP like here) and insurance costs blew out big time over the last 15 to 20 years making some cars that are cheap up front horribly expensive to own (not to mention the normal running costs involved with a prestige or exotic). My wife works at the ABS in CPI and has access to all sorts of data. She looked into it and apparently it was only in the late 90s that massive depreciation really started to hit in the UK. Maybe some locals can shed some light?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

DexterPunk wrote:Good plan, let me know how that goes for ya.

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.

He recently sold his Riviera, maybe it was to buy a Ferrari.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

w00dsy wrote:

No it wasn't.... will sort a new boat first... never will a car take precedence over a boat. How else will I get sambo to shit himself worrying about the common threat of being torpedoed by a submarine... :) lucky there were no fucking icebergs visible that day... :titanic: :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

bengatta wrote:
w00dsy wrote:

No it wasn't.... will sort a new boat first... never will a car take precedence over a boat. How else will I get sambo to shit himself worrying about the common threat of being torpedoed by a submarine... :) lucky there were no fucking icebergs visible that day... :titanic: :)

I wasn't worried about torpedo's I was mearly wondering about the chance of a submarine surfacing straight into one of the tankers and whether or not it had ever happened. ITS A LEGITIMATE QUESTION.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

a legitimate question once... the 53rd incarnation of the same question was deeply concerning... :)

more concern about submarines than the fact had we sunk we would have had to swim to shore past one of the countries biggest great white shark nursery.... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....