Lance won't contest the charges

CyclARSEts talk in here.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Re: Lance won't contest the charges

Post by kwijibo »

Finally I have has many Tour De France titles as Lance!
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Technically, the UCI is supposed to do it. Cycling fans are waiting with baited breath to see what they decide in 19 days.

The 7 Tours he won will be left blank, no winner.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
norbs

Post by norbs »

avro707c wrote:SMH reports that the scandal has hit closer to home, with the sporting director of Orica Greenedge now being linked to the whole saga:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/cyc ... 27iea.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Landis says: ''I then spent substantial time training with fellow USPS team members ''Rider-9'' and Michael Barry and shared, and discussed the use of HGH, testosterone and erythropoietin with them while training.''

Barry, a Canadian, has admitted to doping and, while now retired, was banned by USADA on Wednesday for six months and stripped of all his results between May 13, 2003 and July 31, 2006.

The redaction of a name and insertion of ''Rider-9'' is to keep that person's identity anonymous. But it becomes clear in exhibit B of Landis's affidavit in a copied document titled ''Forwarded conversation'' sent from Landis to an anonymous recipient on April 30, 2010.

On page 2 of that document, the last two lines of the first paragraph that again refer to 2003 are almost verbatim to what Landis said in his affidavit. They read: ''While training for that Vuelta, I spent a good deal of time training with Matthew White and Michael Barry and shared the testosterone and EPO that we had and discussed the use thereof while training.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/cyc ... z298eOpruw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gone.

http://cycling.norbtech.com/2012/10/mat ... a-release/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Montey

Post by Montey »

I was wondering today if the answer to doping in cycling is for the UCI to require penalty clauses in team sponsorship contracts.

I was thinking that if sponsors of teams were required to agree to pay HUGE penalty fees to the UCI if the team they sponsor is found to have someone who cheated then the sponsors would demand that teams be clean.

Thoughts?
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:
avro707c wrote:SMH reports that the scandal has hit closer to home, with the sporting director of Orica Greenedge now being linked to the whole saga:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/cyc ... 27iea.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Landis says: ''I then spent substantial time training with fellow USPS team members ''Rider-9'' and Michael Barry and shared, and discussed the use of HGH, testosterone and erythropoietin with them while training.''

Barry, a Canadian, has admitted to doping and, while now retired, was banned by USADA on Wednesday for six months and stripped of all his results between May 13, 2003 and July 31, 2006.

The redaction of a name and insertion of ''Rider-9'' is to keep that person's identity anonymous. But it becomes clear in exhibit B of Landis's affidavit in a copied document titled ''Forwarded conversation'' sent from Landis to an anonymous recipient on April 30, 2010.

On page 2 of that document, the last two lines of the first paragraph that again refer to 2003 are almost verbatim to what Landis said in his affidavit. They read: ''While training for that Vuelta, I spent a good deal of time training with Matthew White and Michael Barry and shared the testosterone and EPO that we had and discussed the use thereof while training.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/cyc ... z298eOpruw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gone.

http://cycling.norbtech.com/2012/10/mat ... a-release/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm :( & :angry:

Even given it had to be expected.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
norbs

Post by norbs »

avro707c wrote:Bloody hell! :rage: :no:

It taints our cycling here too. I was just about to post the news as well but you beat me to it. :( Sad, very sad.

What would totally kill it for me is if Slipstream Sports (Garmin-Sharp these days) was found to be not clean. They were the lot that first inspired me to think about riding.

White was sacked from them (Garmin Cervelo at the time) because he sent Trent Lowe to Luis Garcia del Moral in 2009. Knowing what we know about Del Moral now, it seems like a stupid decision from White. One of many I'd suggest.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

It's only just started, there'll be a few more Aussies me thinks.

I mean how can Mick Rogers come out & say yesterday that even though he worked with Dr Ferrari that doping never came up. I mean fark me, seriously he must be the only client of Ferrari's that never doped. Give me a break & fess up already.
Dukester

J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

avro707c wrote:And David Millar who was done for doping and banned for a while wants the honorary head of the UCI Hein Verbruggen to resign:
http://www.arseforums.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 6&start=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
norbs wrote:When ever I see the name Hein Verbruggen I get a little bit of vomit in my mouth.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
pab

Post by pab »

Montey wrote:I was wondering today if the answer to doping in cycling is for the UCI to require penalty clauses in team sponsorship contracts.

I was thinking that if sponsors of teams were required to agree to pay HUGE penalty fees to the UCI if the team they sponsor is found to have someone who cheated then the sponsors would demand that teams be clean.

Thoughts?
Surely the sponsors response would just be to find another sport that doesn't penalise them for something they didn't have a direct part in to support?
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
norbs

Post by norbs »

pab wrote:
Montey wrote:I was wondering today if the answer to doping in cycling is for the UCI to require penalty clauses in team sponsorship contracts.

Thoughts?
Surely the sponsors response would just be to find another sport that doesn't penalise them for something they didn't have a direct part in to support?

Pab nailed it. With so many sports with their hands out for sponsorship, why would any sponsor take the risk, given cycling's history, of having to pay fines?
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

4corners from tonight summs it up very well
http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/ ... 608613.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Hein Verbruggen again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/19954565" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

nutty wrote:4corners from tonight summs it up very well
http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/ ... 608613.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So the conclusion is that everyone was cheating?
norbs

Post by norbs »

AstrO wrote:

Not everyone. A good majority probably, but not all.
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

At the end of the day, it's like F1... it's only cheating if you get caught. This is a known quantity with F1, but wasn't expected with cycling. High stakes = people taking big risks.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

AstrO wrote:
Probably not all. Tyler Hamilton explained pretty well how it works.

norbs

Post by norbs »

For those that want to read a bit about it, Flinty and I have compiled a few articles of interest,

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yep I agree Avro, my emotions are all over the place with this but one thing I am certain of is Lance can go fark off!!!

I finally watched the 4 corners tonight. It was a bit meh for me, much of it was old & already out in the public domain. I guess what it does do is reinforce it in light of the USADA findings which puts them in a whole new & ultimately damning context.

One thing is for sure, cycling is bigger than 1 corrupt individual, team or organization (looks at UCI) so I am sure it will survive & hopefully be much better from this sordid affair.
Dukester

J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

avro707c wrote:Looks like the South Australian Government is going after Lance Armstrong now. It wants money back from him..
You know, this is the sort of thing which normally gives me the shits but it might just be the only way to get the message out.

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Hmm :)

http://road.cc/content/news/68911-lequi ... -epo-lance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: Oops, seems this was relatively old news
http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/09/team-s ... legations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
norbs

Post by norbs »

Team Sky have been killing it as far as PR disasters go this year. The stand out had to be Wiggo calling people on Twitter carnts in a press conference.
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

The lying and bullying that went on behind the scences pisses me off more than the actual doping ,dope or piss off , a lot were doing it :( . Lance , Brunell and others seemed like alright people from what you could see but in fact in real life were dickheads .
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
norbs

Post by norbs »

mrleisure wrote:The lying and bullying that went on behind the scences pisses me off more than the actual doping ,dope or piss off , a lot were doing it :( . Lance , Brunell and others seemed like alright people from what you could see but in fact in real life were dickheads .
What he did to Bassons and Simeoni was a disgrace. Read some of the affidavits from the reasoned decision and you'll see they weren't isolated incidents.

Another casualty, Matt White sacked by Cycling Australia. I have to be honest, I didnt see that coming.
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cycling/ ... 27r27.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;