iSafety iRatings

iRacing
Kindjal

Re: iSafety iRatings

Post by Kindjal »

Bauer wrote:
Kindjal wrote:Ok I'm at 4.41 & 4.42 SR.. Hurry up I wanna race Skippies and late models!! :nod:

All i need is a lot more practice now :melt:
geez Dan, you are having a go :yes:
Stu,
the skippy is pretty amazing :vibes:
richo

Post by richo »

At the moment i,m stuck with a joypad ,i find the skippy all over the place .

The arse end just wants to meet the front end when ever your off the gas through a turn but as i said it may be the joypad thats not helping. Looking forward to setting up the old G25 in my new house:)

Never thought i would say this but those Legends are heaps of fun on the ovals.
[]D [] []v[] []D
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Yeah, I am the same cetram. Just can't seem to get a clean run. I am going to have to spend some time getting a good qual lap I think. I'm starting way back and just end up getting road blocked...
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Righteous wrote:Yeah, I am the same cetram. Just can't seem to get a clean run. I am going to have to spend some time getting a good qual lap I think. I'm starting way back and just end up getting road blocked...
I watched that SRT review that KNAPPO posted yesterday and I am now wondering if I heard right, in that can you qual anytime leading up to a particular race event and it uses your fastest (valid) lap time as your qual time?
Doesn't that detract a bit from both the way it is in rl and also takes away the pressure cooker situation you have with other sims where there is only 1 qual session?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

There's a qual session each hour and then 20 mins later (guess) there's a race. So you can only qualify once for every race but you can qualify as often as you like during the week.

If you do it that way, qual then race, then qual then race, then it's still realistic enough. I see what you mean though.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Flinty72 wrote: Doesn't that detract a bit from both the way it is in rl and also takes away the pressure cooker situation you have with other sims where there is only 1 qual session?
for me, no. in fact I find it adds to the immersion

each race has a 5 minute warm up session to get a feel for the race.

qualifying, which you are correct, is done at any stage earlier. I can go back to qual at any time and try to improve my time.

Think of it as 1 big qualifying session that lasts a week. you go out and set a time. later on you can go back to try to improve. Its this position that place you on the grid for any given race that you do in that car/track for that week. I just started a Legends race in p11. I should go back to qualifying to try to get my times up to try to get myself a better grid possie. It may not help, but it might :)
--------------
Stu
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

I had my first win last night albeit with 6 incident points. Started 5th, got into first by lap 2 and lead the rest of the way. Got a wheel into the sand a few (6) times trying to stay in front but was all good in the end. Was only my second race so went from 2.58 to 2.66. Looong way to go....
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Thanks Guys, so you could approach it has Vil said and do the qual session before each race but if you don't improve your time from a previous session then it will use the older faster time. I guess it takes the pressure off of having to do so many qual sessions but then I feel that for any given event's qual certain ppl would not match their previous fast time and would normally be lower down the grid than they end up being with this system. So not true to life with a qual per race. It is an interesting concept for qual and racing as you effectively race the same combo for a week don't you?
I guess that is why the points are an avg of that weeks racing...
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

You still have incident points counted during qualifying though. And that's at the same time as you're trying to go as fast as you can so there is a certain amount of pressure just there.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

For ovals it's one out lap and four flying laps which is about right as the tyres have lost maximum grip by about then. That's one of the great things compared to LFS say is that the tyre wear effects the grip. In the oval races you need to be smooth to conserve the tyres and can use this to your advantage to pass others late in the race.
For road racing it's a 30 min qual, you can go out flat chat and get one fast lap but you risk incident points and if you only do a couple laps you won't increase your SR. A lap time is also not counted if there is an incident on that lap.
So whilst qual may not be totally realistic to real life I think it is quite good and suits the racing system.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Just hit 4.0... Wohoo!! for ovals that is. Had an awesome race with Neil... SO much fun. However, I think your legend needs to go on a diet Neil, its arse is way to wide.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I keep having incidents in the ovals, I think I make it too tempting for people to dive bomb up the inside on entry. They are fun though, the other night I sat on the arse of the guy in first for the whole race, with 4 or 5 to go we caught a back marker and I took my opportunity, two wide through a few corners and I had him but we made contact, I did a 360 and ended up with second. My hands were shaking so much after the race I could barely type, awesome stuff.
I've got my Road SR up to 4.46 now, just finished a race where I wiped over half a second off my pb to get a 1:48.4xx :D
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Wow. that's moving dude. Can only get low 9's at the moment. Where do you think you made up the time?
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I think the main corner was the first left up the hill, turning in a little earlier and getting the left hand side tyres onto the kerbing and powering all the way out the exit. I also started to ride the brakes into turn one more instead of trying to brake mostly in a straight line. I think the other thing was I accidentally jumped into the rookie car for some testing without realising it, all the while thinking "gee, I don't seem to be on the ball tonight" lol but still managing a 49.5, then when I got back in the advanced for the race it just happened :)

I'm fed up with the rookie legends and will give the advanced a try, just had a race and made sure this time to protect the inside, right next to the yellow line mid corner and someone still turned me round :bang:
Last edited by Sarsippius on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Oh, I didn't realise it was with the advanced solice.. Maybe there is hope for me yet.

The Advanced legends are a whole other thing. They release the revs, they are awesome fun to bash around. I am enjoying the oval so much more than I expected.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

You're always a bit quicker than me mate so I'm sure you'll get there :)

Yeah I'm really enjoying the ovals too, just had a good advanced race, had third most of the way but my right front was cooking and I couldn't hold off the guy behind and ended up fourth.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Where might I grab a setup for the advanced Solstice? Like Righty, I'm in the low 49s in the rookie at the moment. Can't see how dudes are cracking low 48s in it. I guess that's why they're aliens.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Exar Kun wrote:Where might I grab a setup for the advanced Solstice? Like Righty, I'm in the low 49s in the rookie at the moment. Can't see how dudes are cracking low 48s in it. I guess that's why they're aliens.
ere go Micko

http://members.iracing.com/iforum/threa ... 3&tstart=0
--------------
Stu
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Thanks dude :yes:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

After my first weekend of iRacing I am hooked.

This sim is bloody awesome!!!!! Ill get into the details later on but I had a ball on the weekend with the Legends & the Soltice.

Managed to get placed in the same server as Righty & Cetram on a few occasions last night. The first was my first Advanced Legends race and I got my ARSE handed to me lol. After getting some setups this little beast handles like a dream, seriously fun to drive.

Well after 2 days of racing my iRatings are;

Oval: 3.48
Road: 3.52

:)
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

He he, go hard Stu.

I still think you look like a girl in iRacing, you need to do something about that.. Or maybe just leave it, perhaps guys will think they can get lucky if they let you past :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Far out dude - ahead of me already. I think I've done two oval races and about 5 road course races in the last week since I signed up.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Righteous wrote:He he, go hard Stu.

I still think you look like a girl in iRacing, you need to do something about that.. Or maybe just leave it, perhaps guys will think they can get lucky if they let you past :)
:rofl:

I had a few guys on the grid at Laguna mention "Good luck boys & girls" then another bloke said "What a girl, cool" Well i handed them their arses and finished 2nd and only 1 second behind my first win.

Im still waiting for the bloody iAdmins to change my iUser iName. iSupport only operate during the iWeek so im hoping it gets changed in the next i24 hours.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

my road is 3.3 and oval is 4.56. I need to be more patient with road stuff. i did make some progress last night though, i discovered i was driving like a little bitch. i started turning on the wheel more and doing it faster, got my lime rock time into the high 3s.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I've got both of mine up to almost 4.50 now :D
From what I gather when your license is upgraded it resets back down to 2.50 and you need to build it back up again, though it's not quite so easy as on the rookie license.
What I'm wondering though is if you then need to wait till the end of the 12 week skippy/late model series to then go up to the next license above that.