Karen

Re: iRacing Chat

Post by GT VIRUS »

Still with the fucking flat kerbs. Absolutely pathetic from iRacing
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

GT VIRUS wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:26 pm Still with the fucking flat kerbs. Absolutely pathetic from iRacing
Are you telling me there is no physical kerbs in a game that claims it is the pinnacle of sim racing?

Edit: just asked a guy at work about it and he says only saw tooth kerbs are missing.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

norbs wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:33 am
GT VIRUS wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:26 pm Still with the fucking flat kerbs. Absolutely pathetic from iRacing
Are you telling me there is no physical kerbs in a game that claims it is the pinnacle of sim racing?

Edit: just asked a guy at work about it and he says only saw tooth kerbs are missing.
Yeah I'm talking about the sawtooth kerbs, but that's still pretty hopeless. There is no physical effect of them on the car, much makes a huge difference at RBR
norbs

Post by norbs »

Too advanced for me, but an interesting chat from Niels.

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Like I understand the criticism of iRacing, but how does non league online racing work with these other sims these days? I always like the way iRacing SR/Irating works, like its not perfect but it means if I want to do a random race on a Tuesday night I can find something decent enough, whenever I tried say AC I would just get some shitfest public lobby.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Non league racing is a shit show, in the main. The new ranked racing in R3E is pretty good though. Timing is always tough.

I think one of the positives for sim racing these days is the choice. It is also the thing that means MP will suffer. The people all spread across multiple sims.

There is no arguing that iRacing has the edge for MP. But, to get to a point that you can get out of the rookie fuckfest, takes a while. And then there is the old argument about paying for content and paying subs. That's before taking the sunk cost fallacy into account. How many people who have invested heavily, are willing to walk away from iRacing?

One of the GTL guys was saying the other day for what he has spent on iRacing, he could have bought a DD1 and Porsche rim.

Anyway, it is what it is. Everyone has an opinion. What ever makes you happy. The more people racing, the better it will get.
norbs

Post by norbs »

For all that is bad with iRacing, this looks awesome. I love the F Vee in AMS2.

What does week 13 mean?

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

norbs wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:27 amAnd then there is the old argument about paying for content and paying subs. That's before taking the sunk cost fallacy into account. How many people who have invested heavily, are willing to walk away from iRacing?
My sub is still active but I haven't bought content for ages. I just went back after a long break. My session list looks like this and the GT3 car I wanted to drive has been made redundant. It doesn't really inspire me to jump back in, though I'll give the formula V a go (when it's at a less shit track than todays).
Untitled2.png
norbs wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:59 am What does week 13 mean?
They release a major update every quarter. So that they don't affect championships with physics changes, server downtime etc they have 12 week seasons followed by a gap week called week 13 where they roll out the patch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
norbs

Post by norbs »

DarrenM wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:30 pm They release a major update every quarter. So that they don't affect championships with physics changes, server downtime etc they have 12 week seasons followed by a gap week called week 13 where they roll out the patch.
Thanks Darren. Yeah, had a run at Charlotte today. Jesus.
norbs

Post by norbs »

I think I am having latency issues. Every now and then I see cars doing wheelies and flying around, for a split second. I seem to freeze or jump across the track. This morning I ripped a wheel off with a lap to go. :(

Any thoughts?
pab

Post by pab »

Yeah, that's caused by temporary loss of the data stream from the server. The general thinking is that if only one car is doing it the problem is at their end, if it's everyone then it's at your end and you need to look at what might be tying up your connection. It's not something I see very often these days.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
norbs

Post by norbs »

pab wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:14 am Yeah, that's caused by temporary loss of the data stream from the server. The general thinking is that if only one car is doing it the problem is at their end, if it's everyone then it's at your end and you need to look at what might be tying up your connection. It's not something I see very often these days.
Thanks, seems like something for me to look into. Not sure what the issue might be, i hosted 15 racers on Friday night and cant recall any issues.

I am trying to learn all about it because I am helping an old friend who's son got hurt in a car accident (t-boned going through a green light). He has limited use of his legs so is using the clutch paddles on a Porsche wheel as brake and accelerate. He picked iRacing as his platform and just wants some guidance. So my mate shouted me 3 months sub to get my head around it.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Perfect timing Broadbent

pab

Post by pab »

iRacing staff member David Tucker is very receptive and active on the forums to posts from people working on hand controls/other accessible control systems. Might be worth them getting in touch with him?
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
norbs

Post by norbs »

pab wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:00 am iRacing staff member David Tucker is very receptive and active on the forums to posts from people working on hand controls/other accessible control systems. Might be worth them getting in touch with him?
I did spot a whole section in their forums. Have let him know. :yes:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

2021 Season 3 Patch 1 Release Notes [2021.06.14.03]

iRACING UI: (05.13.16-2021-S3)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Leagues
Resolved an issue where viewing the Announcements tab of the League Modal was causing an error.

SIMULATION:
-------------------------------------------------------------
AI Racing
AI Drivers may now utilize the Formula Vee!
AI Drivers may now race at Langley Speedway!
Fixed an issue that could cause a lengthy loading pause at 100% complete, particularly at large tracks. This was causing disconnections in some severe cases.

Rendering
Fixed an issue with splotchy polygonal areas of extra dark shadows appearing on sides of hilly terrain with conditions of low sun, especially when partially overcast.
Fixed issues where large crowds could often appear way too dark in shadows and/or overcast conditions.
Fixed an issue where some grandstand crowds, lighting objects, and fencing appeared to be slathered in a mysterious grey substance.

Visual Effects
Fixed an issue that was resulting in significantly less tire smoke in some situations, including replays.

Pace Car
Fixed an issue where the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (991) Pace Car's headlights would incorrectly be lit while parked at night tracks.

Options
A new Miscellaneous tab has been added to the Options Menu.
- - The bass shaker LFE effects have been moved to this Misc. tab, and now allow you to edit all the sound levels from within the Simulator rather than going to the “app.ini” file.
- - - - Removed the “[BassShaker] volPhysMaster_dB” entry from the “app.ini” file, this was redundant and confusing. If you had been using it to tweak the sound levels it will return to its 0 value and you will need to raise or lower the game audio slider to compensate.

Controllers
Updated how sector times are displayed on the new Thrustmaster SF1000 wheel.

CARS:
ARCA Menards Chevrolet Impala
iRacing setups have been updated.

BMW M4 GT3
This vehicle is no longer considered a “Prototype”.
The traction control dial position “10” now disables the system.
Backfire and gear shifts have been improved.

Formula Renault 2.0
Brake parameters have been adjusted slightly.

Formula Renault 3.5

Formula Vee
Fixed an issue where crew members were freezing in a T-pose while using any camera view other than the focus car camera.

Indy Pro 2000 PM-18

NASCAR Chevrolet Monte Carlo - 1987
Drafting oversteer has been reduced when running at superspeedway tracks.

NASCAR Cup Series Chevrolet Camaro ZL1

NASCAR Cup Series Ford Mustang

NASCAR Cup Series Toyota Camry

NASCAR Ford Thunderbird - 1987
Drafting oversteer has been reduced when running at superspeedway tracks.

NASCAR Gander Outdoors Ford F150
Fixed an issue with incorrect gearing at Nashville Superspeedway.

NASCAR Gander Outdoors Toyota Tundra
Fixed an issue with incorrect gearing at Nashville Superspeedway.

NASCAR Next Gen Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Fixed an issue with sparks at superspeedway tracks.

NASCAR Next Gen Ford Mustang

NASCAR Next Gen Toyota Camry

NASCAR Xfinity Chevrolet Camaro

NASCAR Xfinity Ford Mustang

NASCAR Xfinity Toyota Supra

Porsche 911 GT3 R
The dash display page may now be changed when using a fixed setup.
Fixed an issue where the brake bias labels were reversed.
Adjusted the digital display slightly.
LED strip settings have been added to the garage options for this vehicle.

Radical SR8
Wheel durability has been increased to reduce wheel damage and instances where wheel damage causes meatball black flags.

SCCA Spec Racer Ford
Water cooling coefficient has been adjusted to prevent overheating when bump-drafting and to more closely match real-world steady-state temperatures.

VW Beetle Lite
Fixed an issue where the UI model was invisible.

TRACKS:
Darlington Raceway
Track surface parameters have been updated.

Dover International Speedway

Nashville Superspeedway
Night lighting has been enabled at this track!
Fixed a discrepancy between the visual and physical properties of the outside wall.
Some track logos have been updated.

Red Bull Ring
Additional crowds and visiting vehicles have been added.
Patched a seam between pit road and the front stretch.
(National) - Gain-time checkpoints at Turn 5 have been updated.
(National) - Rules tab has been updated.
(North) - Additional checkpoints have been added to prevent short-cutting pit road.
(North) - Cones have been added at the Start/Finish line for clarity.
(North) - Pace speed has been reduced to 45 mph.
(North) - Fixed an issue where the final starting grid space was on pit road surface.
(North) - Checkpoints have been added for standing starts.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Anyone here like the new Forums?

I think the potential is there but man it needs some work;
- Too many levels to navigate to get to some discussions
- Slow performance especially on Phones
- Doesn't remember where you last read up to
- No way to quickly mark as read
- Bring back the dark theme (I know they will be)

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

2021 Season 3 Patch 2 Release Notes [2021.06.28.02]

iRACING UI: (05.13.22-2021-S3)
General
Fixed an issue where the iRacing UI could sometimes throw an error regarding a failure to initialize.
Fixed a rare issue where the iRacing UI could fail to load, and users were presented with a blank screen.

Test Drive
Fixed an issue where the Car selection was empty when creating a Test Drive from a Hosted Session that included multiple cars.

Leagues
Resolved an issue where viewing the Announcements tab of the League Modal was causing an error.

League Standings
We have changed the timing of drops from league standings.
- - Leagues had been required to specify the number of races to count towards the season championship and drops would start occurring when more than that number of races was completed. Now, leagues are required to specify the number of races to be dropped and the drops will start occurring when there are more than that number of races completed. In other words, drops are applied as soon as possible rather than as late as possible.
- - A conversion has been applied to switch leagues from “number of races to count” to “number of races to drop”. However this will only have functioned correctly if the league has scheduled every race for the season. Leagues dropping races from their season(s) will need to verify that the number of drops is correct.

League Points
Drivers disqualified from league races by the system (i.e. for exceeding incident limits) have been receiving zero points. Now they will receive the points for their finishing position.
- - Drivers disqualified by an admin will still receive 0 points.
- - Drivers who registered for but did not start a race have been receiving points for their “finishing” position. They will now receive 0 points.

Team Racing
Team registration will now correctly report an error if the person is registering a team with themselves as a declared driver and they already have registered a different team with themselves as a declared driver.

SIMULATION:
Cars
The Display page settings are now selectable when running any car using a Fixed Setup.

Rendering
Fixed an issue where the player's car could jerk around (mostly forwards and backwards) when being viewed in the Replay while still in the Session, and while the player's car was not the camera's focus car.
Fixed an issue where some crowds were so persistent to watch the races they would not leave, even when disabled in the Options menu. These crowds were present at the following tracks:
- - Chicago Street Circuit
- - Silverstone Circuit
- - Snetterton Circuit
- - Southern National Motorsports Park
- - Volusia Speedway Park
- - Wild West Motorsports Park
- - Williams Grove Speedway

Visual Effects
The rate of rubber build-up on car body panels has been reduced.

Cameras
The “Relaxed Camera View” may now be used with the roll bar and nose cameras in addition to the near and far chase and driving cameras. This is an advanced Hosted Session option that allows you to use page up/down to cycle between cameras while driving if enabled for your session.

Admin Commands
New Admin commands have been added: !pitclose and !pitopen.
- - !pitclose = Manually closes pit entrances during Green Flag racing.
- - !pitopen = Manually opens pit entrances during Green Flag racing.
- - - - These commands can be used for purposes such as closing the pit lanes early prior to throwing a competition caution.

Controls
Fixed a calibration issue that could make it difficult to set a dead-zone when calibrating the brake pedal.

Peripherals
Fixed an issue with the new Bass Shaker sliders that would not allow some adjustments to take effect until the Simulator was restarted.

CARS:
ARCA Menards Chevrolet Impala

BMW M4 GT3
The prototype paint pattern has been removed.

Dallara IR18
Driver view has been shifted up slightly.

Dirt Late Model
(ALL) World of Outlaws contingency logos have been updated to match the 2021 season.

Dirt Modified
(ALL) World of Outlaws contingency logos have been updated to match the 2021 season.

Dirt Sprint Car

Dirt Sprint Car Non-Winged

Dirt Street Stock
World of Outlaws contingency logos have been updated to match the 2021 season.

Dirt UMP Modified
World of Outlaws contingency logos have been updated to match the 2021 season.

Ferrari 488 GTE
Fixed an issue where older setups could inadvertently adjust the fixed packer heights.

Ford GTE
Fixed an issue where older setups could inadvertently adjust the fixed packer heights.

Ford Mustang FR500S
Fixed an issue with the incorrect reflections in the cockpit window frame.

Formula Renault 2.0
Fixed an issue with multiple mirror names appearing in the black box.

Formula Vee
Fixed the rollbar camera so VR users do not clip through the helmet.
Adjusted the camera distances at which lower detail tire models appear.
The view of the car in the iRacing UI has been adjusted, and the shadow has been improved.
Improved the look of the tires from various camera distances.

Global Mazda MX-5 Cup
The downshift parameters for the sequential gearbox have been adjusted.

Indy Pro 2000 PM-18
Rear wing damage or removal of the rear wing now correctly increases aerodynamic drag.

Lucas Oil Off Road Pro Trucks
(Pro 2 Truck) - iRacing setups have been updated.

Modified - SK
Fixed an issue where the pitboxes would not change their color to match the driver.

NASCAR Chevrolet Monte Carlo - 1987
Second and Third gear ratios have been shortened slightly.

NASCAR Cup Series Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Drafting parameters have been adjusted based on car-to-car distances.
A new bioethanol decal has been added.

NASCAR Cup Series Ford Mustang

NASCAR Cup Series Toyota Camry

NASCAR Ford Thunderbird - 1987
Second and Third gear ratios have been shortened slightly.

NASCAR Gander Outdoors Chevrolet Silverado

Fixed an issue with panels disappearing when damaged.

NASCAR Next Gen Chevrolet Camaro ZL1

NASCAR Next Gen Ford Mustang

NASCAR Next Gen Toyota Camry

NASCAR Xfinity Chevrolet Camaro

NASCAR Xfinity Ford Mustang

NASCAR Xfinity Toyota Supra

Porsche 911 GT3 R
Appearance of the front tires has been updated for certain camera distances.
Fixed an issue with IMSA LED panels displaying the wrong colors.
Fixed an issue with vehicle numbering during IMSA events.

Porsche 911 RSR

USF 2000
Rear wing damage or removal of the rear wing now correctly increases aerodynamic drag.

TRACKS:
Chicago Street Course
Fixed

Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg
(National B) - Removed an errant brake marker.

Mount Panorama Circuit
Fixed an issue with some surface heights on pit road.

New Hampshire Motor Speedway
(Oval) - Track surface parameters have been updated.

Oulton Park Circuit
Terrain has been updated to prevent seeing under the terrain through ARMCO.

Red Bull Ring
Fixed some incorrect wall collision on pit walls.

Road America
Fixed a gap in the terrain near Turn 2.
Some signs and advertisements have been updated.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Why iRacing can now afford to be choosy :eyepop:
racer.com wrote:What was once the difficult task of getting third parties to license their products for use in video games has shifted to the point where iRacing has to turn down car manufactures and tracks who want to be included in the simulator. For iRacing’s Executive Vice President Steve Myers, it’s a testament to the business model that he has been trying to pursue for over a decade.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The 2021 Season 3 Patch 3 Release contains a variety of updates and fixes for the 2021 Season 3 Release.

2021 Season 3 Patch 3 Release Notes [2021.07.13.01]
iRACING UI:

Navigation
When a navigation request is made to the iRacing application while it is already open, such as a URL that opens a particular Time Attack Competition, the application now loads the requested path.

Teams
Fixed an issue where an edit button was enabled for Teams which you are not an Admin for during Team Registration.

SIMULATION:
Time Attack
Qualifying Conduct Scrutiny may now be in effect for Time Attack Competitions.
Receiving a 0x from wall contact will now correctly invalidate the lap time.

Visual Effects
Fixed an issue where smoke was rendering too bright in mirrors.

Cameras
Fixed an issue when using the free-move camera where it would rotate to an arbitrary angle when first engaged.

Telemetry
The telemetry value, “SteeringColumnPeakTorqueNm” is now logged to disk as well as to live telemetry.

Admin Commands
Fixed an issue with the “!pitclose” admin command where penalties issued for green flag closed pit entry were being discarded when the caution was actually started.
- - Lucky Dog decision will now also ignore drivers with EOL penalties.

CARS:
Audi R18

Audi R8 LMS

BMW M4 GT3
Fixed an issue with the tooltip information for the rear wing angle adjustment range.

NASCAR Gander Outdoors Chevrolet Silverado

Porsche 919

SCCA Spec Racer Ford
Onboard engine sounds have been improved.

Supercars Ford Mustang GT
Fixed an issue where the in-car ARB adjustments did not actually affect bar stiffnesses.

Supercars Holden ZB Commodore
Fixed an issue where the in-car ARB adjustments did not actually affect bar stiffnesses.

[Legacy] V8 Supercar Ford FG Falcon - 2014

[Legacy] V8 Supercar Holden VF Commodore - 2014

TRACKS:
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Turn 1 and Turn 2 billboards have been updated.

Lanier National Speedway
(Dirt) - The Pace Car Driver is making progress on driving at this track. The Pace Car Driver will no longer drive through barriers and the infield, but will instead take an extra lap before leaving the pits - this leaves drivers one less lap to form-up before pitting. If you plan to host an event here, we recommend adding one additional caution lap to your event. The Pace Car Driver will continue training.

Okayama International Circuit
Fixed an invisible collision volume on pit road that extended into the pit stalls.
Patched up several surface seams around the track.

Weedsport Speedway
Fixed an issue with invisible collisions occurring near a wall on the inside of Turn 4 for cars not using the New Damage Model.
Smoothed a pothole near the pit exit.
Some objects, including in-field barriers and lights, have had their camera distance settings improved to prevent visual popping as the camera changes distances from the object.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The 2021 Season 3 Patch 3 Hotfix 1 Release contains some fixes and updates for the 2021 Season 3 Patch 3 Release.

2021 Season 3 Patch 3 Hotfix 1 Release Notes [2021.07.15.01]
RACING UI:
Launching
Fixed an error that could appear if a second instance of the iRacing UI was launched without a URL specified.

Track Maps
A variety of track maps have been updated to resolve some inconsistencies and errors.

SIMULATION:
Race Control
Fixed an issue where End of Line (EOL) Penalties were not being cleared correctly based on yellow and green flag states.
- - This fixes a severe issue where any driver granted a Lucky Dog would be stuck with an EOL Penalty for the remainder of the event.

Cameras
The camera joystick calibration wizard has leveled up his spelling spell for maximum grammar.

CARS:
Audi R18
Slightly improved engine strength against hits from below.

Dallara P217

Porsche 919

TRACKS:
Volusia Speedway Park
Some advertisements have been updated.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

2021 Season 3 Patch 4 Release Notes [2021.07.28.01]
The 2021 Season 3 Patch 4 Release contains some fixes and updates for the 2021 Season 3 Release.

iRACING UI:
Series Schedule
Inside the Series Schedule, users now have the option to purchase an unowned track.

Hosted Racing
When changing the selected track for a Hosted Session, the number of maximum allowable drivers now switches to the default maximum amount for the new track.
Fixed an issue where the multi-car selection window could appear empty for Test Drive Sessions created from a multi-car Hosted Session.

Teams
Fixed an ungraceful error that could display when a user attempted to register themself for a second team.

Leagues
The ability to set a Starting Grid for the Feature Race of a Heat Racing weekend for Hosted League Sessions has been added.
- - All drivers permitted to enter the Session must be added to the Starting Grid in order for them to proceed to the Feature Race.
- - The number of drivers to advance to the Feature Race must be specified in the Heat Racing configuration of the weekend.

Time Attack
When in use, the appropriate level of Qualifying Conduct Scrutiny used during a Time Attack Competition is now displayed.

Paint Shop
Fixed an exciting typo in the title bar of the Team Paint Shop!!!
Fixed an issue with the Paint Shop modal window where it could get stuck in a loading state when changing cars while unsaved changes were present.

Store
If you purchase an item via the Classic Membersite while viewing it in the iRacing UI, it’s ownership status now immediately updates correctly.

My Account
A “Manage My Account” button has been added to the My Account window.

Fixed a bug where Division was displaying incorrectly by one number off.
Corrected an issue that caused some Awards and/or their completeness percentage to display incorrectly.

SIMULATION:
Rendering
Fixed a Simulator crash issue seen at night when DNSM is set to 1 light and PSSM shadows are disabled.

CARS:
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR
A new fixed paint scheme has been added.

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (991)
The Old Damage Model has been re-enabled for this vehicle in order to take advantage of some updates and improvements.

TRACKS:
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
This track name has been updated.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

New content leaked, expected in time for the real event in around 2 weeks time.
Early tweets by Greg detail some of the challenges they have faced getting this new content into the sim.

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Also a preview of rain...

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado