Cricket and the interweb.

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Cricket and the interweb.

Post by norbs »

I love it when some obscure cricketing law gets people all fired up.

[youtube] [/youtube]

Have a look at the responses. :nod:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Re: Cricket and the interweb.

Post by Nigel »

I don't get it. He caught the ball. Other than "Oh my word" and "and incredible piece of anticipation" nothing else gets mentioned.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Nigel wrote:I don't get it. He caught the ball. Other than "Oh my word" and "and incredible piece of anticipation" nothing else gets mentioned.
The comments on youtube, Nige. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I think he means on the youtube comments nige.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Awesome catch!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Someone on youtube is saying its not out because the fielder made a significant movement before the ball got to the batsman and therefore it's a deadball. Everyone else calls him a fuckwit and says it's out :D
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
norbs

Post by norbs »

The laws actually say you should not move til the ball is hit. Or words to that effect. I say it is a legal catch myself, but I can see why others argue.
fp

Post by fp »

PaulFromOz wrote:Yeah nah idiot, Fuck off ya know nohing QQ your shit team lost u kno nothing

This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

norbs wrote:The laws actually say you should not move til the ball is hit. Or words to that effect. I say it is a legal catch myself, but I can see why others argue.
Don't a lot of people move in with the bowler as he comes in. Mid Wicket etc etc. Or is that law just for the slips ??
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

They are allowed to come in as the bowler is moving, but only to their position. If that makes sense. So if they are fielding at point, then that's where they should be when the batter hits the ball. That's my understanding of it at least. I think the catch was excellent and could maybe be argued that it wasn't legal, but honestly, he only starts moving once the batter starts moving.

Pretty awesome stuff.
norbs

Post by norbs »

I agree Righty. That is fantastic anticipation. He really is only doing what the keeper can do, except greatly exaggerated. I say it is legal, though if you read the laws of cricket, it may well be called a dead ball.

7. Movement by fielders
Any significant movement by any fielder after the ball comes into play and before the ball reaches the striker is unfair. In the event of such unfair movement, either umpire shall call and signal Dead ball. Note also the provisions of Law 42.4 (Deliberate attempt to distract striker).

8. Definition of significant movement
(a) For close fielders anything other than minor adjustments to stance or position in relation to the striker is significant.

(b) In the outfield, fielders are permitted to move in towards the striker or striker's wicket, provided that 5 above is not contravened. Anything other than slight movement off line or away from the striker is to be considered significant.

Taken from http://www.lords.org/laws-and-spirit/la ... 67,AR.html

It is a tough one, that's for sure. He moved before the ball got to the striker, but I don't think he went until the batsmen shaped to glance down the leg side.

Gotta love the interweb!
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Righteous wrote:They are allowed to come in as the bowler is moving, but only to their position. If that makes sense. So if they are fielding at point, then that's where they should be when the batter hits the ball. That's my understanding of it at least. I think the catch was excellent and could maybe be argued that it wasn't legal, but honestly, he only starts moving once the batter starts moving.

Pretty awesome stuff.

bah its like the NBA turning a blind eye to the a slight travel when it results in a spectacular dunk. Why wreck an awesome catch with some tiny technicality.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

that is a great piece of cricket. it was a punt. imagine the shit he would have got if a top edge flew to where he was :) good on him
--------------
Stu