Anyone with Outlanders??

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Anyone with Outlanders??

Post by Hz-Lab »

Just like the Title says, just wanting to know a little about the Mitsu Outlanders. At the moment we have a 03 4cyl Outlander and we want to upgrade to either a Brand New one or a 08 or 09 model. The main thing I want to know is how the 6cyl compares. I want to go for the 6cyl for a little extra grunt, but not if it's a guzzler like say the Territory's are...

I've done a bit of research online but i'd like to hear from anyone with one.
Bauer

Re: Anyone with Outlanders??

Post by Bauer »

Dont have one but i hear the new ones have ABS & CBT & JST & RDF

It means buy a CX-7

:D
--------------
Stu
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

dude I'd love a CX-7, seriously I would, I think they are they tits. But it's mainly gonna be my missus's car and she has loved her outlander and wants to replace it with the same. ABS, CBT, AMG, FML, WTF.. not like me to stay away from things just cos they have some fancy letters attached...*cough* VD *cough*
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

VD means this baby will go anywhere
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

A cx-7 guzzles like nothing else unless you go the diesel. Amazingly flat handling for an suv though.

I haven't heard much specific about the 6 cylinder outlander but I doubt economy would be any worse than a territory or cx-7. Nice cars I reckon and that factory warranty is gold.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

So we bought this puppy today

We decided to go with the 4 after driving both. The 6 is not that much more powerful and is a hell of a lot less economical in city driving. It's a 2009 with 45000k's on the clock. Initial negotiations started with them offering us 7500 trade in for our 2003 Outlander (which was well below red books trade in recommendation, but our car was pretty trashed) and them not budging on the 26999 window price. Took 2 days of walking out and coming back to eventually get a trade in of 12200 and they dropped the price of the car down to 22000 also, so we had a change over of only about 10k.

Was fricken stoked with that deal considering we couldn't even spot any other 09 outlanders with those kind of K's for under 30. Also had the extra bonus that the Car was never originally registered until May 2010 so that's when the 5 year Warranty kicks in, So we still have over 4 years of Manufacturers Warranty.

Booya! Time for Mods... lol
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Awesome deal mate!
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Nice one Hz, looks the biz. I kinda like white cars since they've become less popular :)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

yeah, 1st tyre replacement we'll throw some black rims on it, with the Dark tint we are getting put on it should look quite nice.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

So we took the car back today,we had it on loan until the service books came in for it. We managed to take it to a vehicle assessor who took it through a full inspection and ran it's history. Turns out it was involved in a head on Smash and was an ex rental car from Darwin. Completely different information than what they gave us. We could not check the service history because the service books were still in transit, fuck knows why they were not with the car. It was the main reason we did not sign the final contract. Blessing in disguise.

So, now we have a silver one, ran it through all the same checks, came up clean, it is tidier, newer, less k's. But, to add icing on the cake, the dealer completely fucked up his calculations on the Contract, and we have somehow saved ourselves another $2790. All signed off by the salesman & the Yard Manager, Fuck ya's!!!!!!! lol serves you right.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Jesus you did well out of that. Even with the fuck around.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Yeah what he did was in the "Balance to be paid" box, actually wrote the sum of the Trade in Value, less our deposit. Which was a considerably smaller figure than what we should be paying.. Score!
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Did you quiz them on the false information? It will definately pay for buyers to do their research in the coming months as Id say they'd be a few victims from the floods on the market.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Yeah, to be fair, the Car was no more than off the back of the truck when we took it, They had a few outlanders come in from different places. The Salesman thought the one we took was from somewhere else, but he had not actually checked.

Those Brissy Cars will take a bit longer to filter down. But it'll happen for sure.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Fuck quizzing them now, you have been given much more than you would have with any finger pointing Hz, 'grats dude. I love hearing shit like this, I am a faithful subscriber to luck and that you can create your own.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Nice bargain Hz - time to take it down the beach and get some salt spray in that thing! :lol:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

it's hitting the beach on Aus day, there should be plenty of obstacles to tackle there, Esky's, Children, Bogan's with southern Cross Tattoo's...lol
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Haha. Sounds like your heading to Moana
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Spot on Sir Squatsalot!
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Hz-Lab wrote:it's hitting the beach on Aus day, there should be plenty of obstacles to tackle there, Esky's, Children, Bogan's with southern Cross Tattoo's...lol
oi, i have a southern cross, just a little one on my shoulder... oh wait, I like guns and boobs... I probably fit the bill.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Hz-Lab wrote:Image
It's still a Mitsubishi.... :eek:

Seriously though, well fcuken done on everything man, top deal in the end!
Steve
---