Minecraft.net is down

No witty remarks yet.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Minecraft.net is down

Post by AstrO »

Just a heads up, the server is online but because http://www.minecraft.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is offline you won't be able to connect. :(
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Re: Minecraft.net is down

Post by AstrO »

Looks like it's back online again and Notch has just gone to bed.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Will be fixed eventually by the looks.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

And it's down again. :(
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Hmmm..finally managed to login and getting new packages but still same version number means new web server could be in action.

EDIT: But not really, I was stooged.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Is the "Astro" server down? Minecraft is back up but can not access the Server...
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Got on...but having lag issues.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

I think the lag may be related to the map data (or a bug in minecraft), but I'm not sure.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

ko
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Just went to the PC and checked it out and it seems to be running fine. The CPU was maxing out at 14-15%, network utilization was around 0.05% and the HDD's were fine.

Maybe it has something to do with the new map and all the redstone stuff going on around the spawn??? Because I'm pretty sure the current version 1.2 has some packet limitations that the old version didn't have and the problem may be that it's trying to send out too much data causing packets to be delayed (because it looks like they are cached and not dropped). This is just a guess.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

How frustrating. Hopefully they complete their server migration soon..
It's been nice, chaps.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Frustrating indeed, the Minecraft forums are a joke, the amount of fan boys going "it's ok, it will get better soon" is absurd, the bloke has made a good chunk of money, but can't or refuses to plan more than 2 seconds ahead when it comes to the website and server authentication, everything appears to be reactive rather than proactive, I wonder how long it will take before the small indie dev excuse wears off and the customers give him some real curry on the forums.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

SHoNKY wrote:Frustrating indeed, the Minecraft forums are a joke, the amount of fan boys going "it's ok, it will get better soon" is absurd, the bloke has made a good chunk of money, but can't or refuses to plan more than 2 seconds ahead when it comes to the website and server authentication, everything appears to be reactive rather than proactive, I wonder how long it will take before the small indie dev excuse wears off and the customers give him some real curry on the forums.

I get the feeling this could end up like LFS. I hope I am wrong.

Given the cash they have made, you'd think they could get some reasonable servers happening.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

I take it that you still can't log in to the game atm?

*edit* The more I read about what Notch wants to add in the game, the more I get disappointed that the game will be beta for ever, and gradually die out... like LFS.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

We weren't able to finish the migration today, so we're taking a pause to sleep.
:(
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Santaria wrote:I take it that you still can't log in to the game atm?
Im in now. running fine. first time in for a couple of days
--------------
Stu
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Hazelb wrote:Got on...but having lag issues.
While you are on try and put anything valuable in a chest for the time being, I've read that the user files on server can become corrupt and deleting or reverting them to back before the lag started is the fix, I have done this to my own user file but have been unable to test it so far, once I manage to get on I'll know instantly whether it is fixed, if it fixes it we'll be able to revert whoever elses save is having issues, but when this is done you lose everything you are carrying, this is the reason for keeping valuable things in a chest at the moment.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Wont be able to check it put till tomorrow morning, but go ahead and delete my player file if there's a chance to stop the lag I've been having.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Ok, just like mention I have confirmed there is a problem with corruption of player files with the current server version, if you continue to get dropped and the error is "EOFException" please let one of the admins know and we will have to revert your player file, you will go back to what you had on you at the last backup but it is better than deleting the player file and starting again with nothing.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

SHoNKY wrote:Ok, just like mention I have confirmed there is a problem with corruption of player files with the current server version, if you continue to get dropped and the error is "EOFException" please let one of the admins know and we will have to revert your player file, you will go back to what you had on you at the last backup but it is better than deleting the player file and *starting again with nothing.
Absolutely nothing? Isn't the chest stuff saved either?
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Santaria wrote:Absolutely nothing? Isn't the chest stuff saved either?
Chest items don't relate to players because they are a world object. Only items in your inventory will be lost (unless I revert player data from a Windows backup).
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

AstrO wrote:
Santaria wrote:Absolutely nothing? Isn't the chest stuff saved either?
Chest items don't relate to players because they are a world object. Only items in your inventory will be lost (unless I revert player data from a Windows backup).
Nice. Makes it a little more comforting if a player delete is the only option.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

SHoNKY wrote:Ok, just like mention I have confirmed there is a problem with corruption of player files with the current server version, if you continue to get dropped and the error is "EOFException" please let one of the admins know and we will have to revert your player file, you will go back to what you had on you at the last backup but it is better than deleting the player file and starting again with nothing.
Thanks Shonky

Had my player deleted. once I finally got in, it paid off to just stand there for a while. The world seemed to be quite slow building around me but after a few minutes I moved around with no issues. :yes:
--------------
Stu
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Minecraft.net is down.... again.

I tried the delplayerdata on my own character, but it claimed that Santaria/santaria didn't exist and I still have all my items.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

The game is really broken atm. :(

Oh well, gets me back into GT5. :)