Current Server Issues

No witty remarks yet.
Shonky

Current Server Issues

Post by Shonky »

Hey folks,

I'm just working on getting the server sorted out, for now I have disable the 2 redstone clocks round the spawn point to test if this improves things, standing with both of those in view averaged about 5-600 chunk updates per second, with those disabled we are down to about 2-6 updates per second, I would like to leave these like this for a day or so just to gauge if stability improves, thanks.
Shonky

Re: Current Server Issues

Post by Shonky »

Ok, it's been long enough, had up to 10 people on the server at a time for extended periods without any problems since the redstone clocks were stopped so I guess for the time being they will have to stay that way, will fire them up again after the next update to see if notch has fixed this new bug.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

It could be because they are at the spawn point. Maybe try create one that's 50 odd blocks away from
Spawn, see how the server goes.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I'll give it a shot Neil but I'm not sure it will help much, redstone circuits run independent of the players view, the maximum working distance is 20 chunks (300 blocks in game), this it to allow you to switch things on and off at large distances and still have them work, but it could also explain why those that were a long way out of town said they didn't have any lag issues.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

It seems that my ADSL connection has become unstable as of today (and my sync rate is all over the shop). I'm going to keep an eye on it over the next few days and if it's still having problems I'll be testing with alternative hardware. If the problems persist I'll be calling up Internode to get them to check out my connection. This is just a heads up to keep you guys in the loop.

PS I've also been sick over the last few days so I may not be around my PC to answer messages. :(
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Cheers for the heads up mate, get well soon.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Yep, get well Astro.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Rest up Astro...
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

How many connections can you handle Astro? And at what point WILL YOU FUCKING ACCEPT PAYMENT! I'm recruiting more people.. by accident to be honest. I show them some pics of what I've made and what other people have made, and they want in.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

He doesn't accept money or money shots so I don't know what we can do to make him change his mind ... :D
It's been nice, chaps.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Takumi wrote:He doesn't accept money or money shots so I don't know what we can do to make him change his mind ... :D
400 blocks of TNT and his house?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

a house built out of 400 blocks of TNT.. gotya.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.