Post by Dan »

I love the lines!

The Todd Norbury appreciation society
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: Ferrari 599 replacement

Post by wobblysauce »

Avery niccce.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Looks nice, huge smiley face grill in that second pic tho. Gets hidden a lot in the top piccie.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

I really like that car.... It's been a while since I've liked a Ferrari look (always been a Lambo fan), but that is sexy as!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Nice progression from the 599GTB from the front. I wonder if they've dropped the silly single tail light thing yet? Go back to twin tail lights please!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Spy shots a little while back only showed one. Official pics on the 28th I think.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

If this is anything to go by I don't think they dropped it...

I don't mind single tail lights, its the round ones they put on the Ferraris that is getting a tad old...

Most of the Lamborghinis have decent tail lights (Besides the Murcielago)

The Todd Norbury appreciation society
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

looks like it might win me over this one!

I hated the size of the 599... looked huge n heavy! hopefully this one is less so...
Doso

Post by Doso »

looks much much better than the Ferrari FF

Seriously if it costs me 2 rear seats when choosing this and the Ferrari FF, you would have to be crazy to go with the FF
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

This is the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, the fastest and most powerful road car in the prancing horse’s illustrious history. Set for a world debut at next week’s Geneva motor show, the 730bhp 6.3-litre V12-powered 599 successor ushers in a new generation of V12 Ferraris that will include an all-new Enzo by the end of the year.

The F12 Berlinetta, a name that references classic Ferrari’s including the 250 GT Berlinetta, can crack 0-62mph in just 3.1sec and 0-124mph in just 8.5sec. Its total torque output is 509lb ft, 80 per cent of which is available from 2500rpm. The normally aspirated V12 revs all the way 8700rpm.

Ferrari also claims the new car has lapped its Fiarano test track in 1m23s, which makes it the fastest Ferrari road car ever to have lapped the circuit. Its maximum speed is claimed to be “over 211mph”.

The engine, which has a specific output of 116bhp/litre in the F12, is based on the same 6262cc 65 degree V12 found in the FF. But the F12 produces 80bhp and 5lb ft more than the FF, and its power and torque outputs also eclipse those of the 612bhp, 448lb ft 6.0-litre V12 found in the 599.

While the power has increased dramatically in the F12 over the 599, fuel consumption and CO2 emissions have decreased at a similar rate. Fuel economy is claimed to have been improved by more than 10 per cent over the 599’s 15.8mpg combined figure to 18.8mpg, and CO2 emissions have dropped from 415g/km to 350g/km. Both these figures are with the optional stop-start system fitted.

Ferrari has extensively repackaged the rear-drive F12 over the 599 to cope with the extra performance. At 4618mm long, 1942mm wide and 1273mm high, the F12 is 47mm shorter, 20mm narrower and 63mm lower than the 599. The wheelbase is also shorter than the 599’s 2750mm, although Ferrari hasn’t mentioned an exact figure.

Most of the changes have occurred at the rear, where the transaxle F1-style dual-clutch gearbox and rear suspension are repackaged to reduce the volume at the rear. The engine, seats and dashboard are also lower, with the centre of gravity lower and further back than in the 599. The F12’s weight distribution is now an “ideal’ 46/54 front/rear, compared to 47/53 in the 599.

The F12 uses an all-new aluminium spaceframe chassis and bodyshell, which boasts 12 different kinds of alloys. The result, claims Ferrari, is a 20 per cent greater structural increase over the 599 and a dry weight of 1525kg, some 70kg less than the 599.

Ferrari is also highlighting the aerodynamic qualities of the Pininfarina and Ferrari Styling Centre-styled F12. The XX programme has been used to both increase the F12’s downforce over the 599 (which is 76 per cent greater) and cuts its drag coefficient to 0.299.

Several clever aerodynamic aids are used to achieve this. One is the new ‘Aero Bridge’, which channels air from the side bonnet air intakes, through the wheel arches, and then spits it out through the sculpted deep swage lines in the side doors. This significantly decreases drag and better controls turbulent airflow.

Another new aerodynamic aid is Active Brake Cooling, which only opens the brake cooling ducts when the carbon ceramic brakes are hot enough.

A whole host of electronic aids are offered as standard on the F12. It gets Ferrari’s E-Diff, ESP Premium, F1-Trac and high-performance ABS systems as standard, alongside the latest evolution Ferrari’s magnetorheological suspension system (SCM-E). Ferrari also claims to have reduced steering angles.

Ferrari has yet to release pictures of the two-seat cabin. It claims to have increased rear luggage capacity thanks to making the space behind the two seats accessible from the hinged glass tailgate. The Frau leather interior also gets a lightweight dashboard and lashings of carbonfibre and aluminium trim, with air vents inspired by the aeronautic field.

The F12 will also adopt the ‘Human Machine Interface’ interior control system of the 458 and FF, which places almost all major controls on the steering wheel.

Pricing of the F12 has yet to be revealed, but it is expected upwards of £250,000. Order books open at the Geneva show and right-hand drive examples are expected to commence in early 2013.
My Flickr Stream
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: Ferrari 599 replacement - Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

Post by ysu »

sexy...but I still haven't seen it from the rear
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

look up?
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Configurator :)
http://www.f12berlinetta.com/#/en/configure/exterior" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll have this please

My Flickr Stream
thornz

Post by thornz »

Really not sold on the back end of it, especially in that pic just above.
The F1 style rain light is a cool feature though for us F1 geeks!

Based on looks, would take a 599 over this at this stage with my imaginery fortune....
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Give me back my twin rear lights! Agree with thornz - back end is a bit unresolved. Besides that I like it. Interior is homogenised Ferrari now but it's interesting that the passenger gets an instrument read out too.

by the way, according to the press release it seems to be called the "F12berlinetta" which is a bit of a wank.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

thornz wrote:The F1 style rain light is a cool feature though for us F1 geeks!
Super cool but I wonder how many thousands of dollars they charge you for a new one when grandma Bucket taps your ARSE at the lights.

God, I'm getting old!
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

To look at it from the front 3/4 view it looks like a Mazda. Change the badges and the wheels and it could be an RX-7 concept.
:teach:
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I don't like the back . It looks like Vadar's helmet in Kev's pic which is awesome but not the back of a Ferrari.
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

:teach:
thornz

Post by thornz »

^^^^^^^^^^

LOL, perfect!
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

:rofl: Vil... awesome :yes:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

[youtube] [/youtube]
My Flickr Stream
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

That noise from the engine has made my morning :D

I'm quite fond of the back, maybe not if I was stuck in a car behind it but god the rest of the car looks amazing,
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Crowella wrote:That noise from the engine has made my morning :D
agreed.

I like the rear end, too. I reckon it goes well with the rest of the car.

But how funny is that "sport" mode = drifto in that clip ;)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?