New Consoles

General game chat
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

New Consoles

Post by wobblysauce »

[youtube] [/youtube]
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DarrenM

Re: New Consles

Post by DarrenM »

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: New Consoles

Post by ysu »

so we have an xbox, was that supposedly xbox zero? :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
petey

Post by petey »

Wow, looks very informative.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Yep, it wasnt a very good presentation.

Another funny part of it was this.
[youtube] [/youtube]
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Ha knew some that had this issue but didn't think it was so widespread.

Xbox 360’s Kinect causes trouble for users during next-gen livestream reveal
http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/435301 ... one-reveal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MtlAngelus wrote:It’s actively trying to censor information about the new Xbox. It doesn’t want to be replaced. It’s jealous and scared and angry. Mostly angry. Now it watches, carefully. It waits. For the right time.
O_O

Proper Kinect Usage Could Be Groundbreaking

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

People were calling it the xbone. Now they can call it the xbowned.

$100 cheaper, better hardware and

[youtube] [/youtube]

[youtube] [/youtube]
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Sony is moving to a subscription based Online Service though.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

thats nothing compared to aways online and Used games
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Yeah, multiplayer requires a plus subscription now but it's cheaper than live and you get a bunch of free games with it. I've been thinking of getting a plus account even though I don't play online on the ps3.

$70 for playstation plus, $90 for live.

Last edited by DarrenM on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

lol.

My PS3's blu ray drive packed it in recently so I've been holding out replacing it to see what's coming up. I really mainly want a media player (bd and downloaded stuff) with the ability to occasionally play games. If PS4 is going to be that much cheaper then it basically seals the deal for me. Hopefully it supports more file formats than the current model.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

NeilPearson wrote:thats nothing compared to aways online and Used games

Very true.

Forgot to mention it's only $5 a month :p
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Serves me right for looking at ebgames price for the 1 year live subscription. lol

They want $118 for the games. How the fuck are they still in business?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

DarrenM wrote:They want $118 for the games. How the fuck are they still in business?
Mum's and Dad's who don't know any better. I was trying to remember last night, when was the last time I bought a boxed game from EB etc
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

r8response wrote:
DarrenM wrote:They want $118 for the games. How the fuck are they still in business?
Mum's and Dad's who don't know any better. I was trying to remember last night, when was the last time I bought a boxed game from EB etc
When you wanted a 7 day rental?

I am leaning towards the PS4 at the stage, but man is it ugly. I like the XBone look much more, and always been a fan of the 360 controller.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

kwijibo wrote:When you wanted a 7 day rental?
At least 10 years for that one :fall:

kwijibo wrote:I am leaning towards the PS4 at the stage, but man is it ugly. I like the XBone look much more, and always been a fan of the 360 controller.
I was leaning towards the XBOne until they announced the need for authentication every 24hrs. Looks like a PS4 might be on the cards.

Well played Sony...

Edit:

kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

The 24 hr authentication thing honestly doesn't bother me much. It does worry me that they could just turn it all off in the future and render the whole thing useless though. So could steam, I guess, but I have a massive library of Steam games.

Sony definitely doing everything right at this point though (besides the design!)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

kwijibo wrote:The 24 hr authentication thing honestly doesn't bother me much.
It's not a huge "bother", but as it would probably spend all it's time at the missus' place and she doesn't have the net, the authentication would become tiresome. Not to mention if she wants to use it to watch a movie etc (not the most technically minded).
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I dont think it looks to bad....

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Sold, PS4 it is on launch night.. sony won the war..
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Ha, but you notice on the 2nd PS4 video, the first guy does not let go of it.
PS Plus currently costs $69.95 for a yearly subscription
If the Xbox1 was announced at US$499 earlier and the PS4 at US$399 Today, $100 the diff', Why is the PS4 AU$549 and the Xbox1 AU$599 making the PS4 only AU$49 cheaper when should'nt it be $100 cheaper?
Is there a special tax on Sony or something.
If you add the camera it costs more then the Xbone.

Soooo why not do this?
As an incentive to keep people subscribing to Xbox Live Gold in the leadup to the Xbox One launch, Microsoft also announced that it would be giving subscribers a free downloadable game for the Xbox 360 every fortnight between between July 1 and December 31st this year, while also announcing a special ‘Day One’ Xbox live gold membership that includes access to an exclusive character for the Xbox One launch title ‘Killer Instinct: Round One’.
And from the looks of both consoles there is a real war on for the Home TV space for cable boxes.

But I still do not think that the 360 and other older consoles are dead, other games from say Indies and bigger companies the like will continue for a long while longer with the lack of backward capability's.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370988388.675341.jpg

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

As clarified in a statement today, third-party publishers like EA, Ubisoft, Activision etc all are free to add DRM to their PS4 games if they wish, and may require the user to pay some sort of “activation fee” (and connect their console to the Internet in order to verify that this fee has been paid) in order to access a used title’s online features.
Same as what is done with today's consoles, offline is fine and still works, but online requires a fee to reset it.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

DexterPunk wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370988388.675341.jpg

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
Seems to be more a case of RIP Nintendo.

Their Wii U thing hasn't taken off at all and they're now in to desperation mode by announcing a raft of new games for next year (which is way too late) with the old characters like Zelda and Mario. They've pitched their console firmly at the younger audience and they've moved on. They all play games on tablets and smartphones that only cost a quid or two. The console market is largely slightly older people with disposable incomes who want to play proper grown up games like COD, Creed and Forza. I think the PS4 and Xbox One will both do just fine in that market. On face value, the PS4 has an advantage, but in the end it'll come down to games. They both need a killer game to get the market share. In recent years the Xbox has had that but I think they'll need a good early software library to keep their userbase from drifting over to the PS4.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream