Briscoes huge crash, pics

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Briscoes huge crash, pics

Post by w00dsy »

Briscoe had yet another crash, this time it was a doozy. Luckily he escaped with just a few minor injuries.

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

holy shit this looks serious...
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

FARK!!!!!

Is there a vid? a site with info?!
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Ryan Briscoe, driver of the No. 33 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Panoz/Toyota/Firestone, was transported to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis on September 12 for further evaluation and treatment under the direction of Drs. Terry Trammell and Kevin Scheid. He may remain in the hospital for several days for observation.

Briscoe sustained a concussion, two broken clavicles, a bruised lung and contusions to his arms and legs in an accident on Lap 20 during the Peak Antifreeze Indy 300 Sept. 11 at Chicagoland Speedway. Briscoe was airlifted to Advocate Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Ill., following the incident and was admitted overnight in good condition.

"I remember the initial contact with Alex (Barron) and thought that we might just get away with not hitting the wall, but suddenly I was airborne and the rest is a little fuzzy," Briscoe said. "I was really happy to see the Delphi Safety crew guys so quickly and they took great care of me, even reminding me to give the crowd a quick wave to let them know I was OK.

“The HANS (head and neck support) device and the safety features on the car did what they were designed to do, and I credit them for helping me walk away from the accident relatively unscathed. I was happy to hear that Alex and Kosuke (Matsuura) were OK as well. I haven't seen a replay of the accident yet but I hear it was pretty spectacular. It's been a difficult and disappointing weekend for the Target team, but I'm doing just fine."
Cetram

Post by Cetram »

Scottie wrote:FARK!!!!!

Is there a vid? a site with info?!
Vid here
http://209.43.92.201/brickyard/imsprodu ... %20lrg.wmv
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

fp

Post by fp »

^^ Notice the commentators in the video, "Perfectly fine", "unscathed", "walked away", etc.
w00dsy wrote:Briscoe sustained a concussion, two broken clavicles, a bruised lung and contusions to his arms and legs
"minor" injuries indeed :rolleyes:
Just like Paul Dana receiving "no major injuries" when he suffered multiple spinal fractures in his crash.

And notice in the second photo, the car is halfway through the catch fence. Briscoe surely would not have survived had the tub taken a direct hit from that pole. He's also very lucky that Scott Dixon drove past not a fraction of a second later.
Scottie wrote:Is there a vid?
Some more angles here.

All in all, nothing surprising.
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

fp wrote:^^ Notice the commentators in the video, "Perfectly fine", "unscathed", "walked away", etc.
w00dsy wrote:Briscoe sustained a concussion, two broken clavicles, a bruised lung and contusions to his arms and legs
"minor" injuries indeed :rolleyes:
Considering the size of the crash, similar to Bracks, it was minor. If he'd fallen over walking i'd have said it was serious.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

while I guess he got off pretty lucky, I would not call those 'minor' injuries.
I think there's no relativity involved in injuries especially not regarding how you got them. a broken something is broken, whatever the way you got it.
but he's amazingly lucky that much is true. :-)
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I wonder how much the HANS device played in cracking his clavicals. They sit right on them, fair bet they were what broke them.
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

probably better than cracking his neck... :)
Now with Added Flickr
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

sure is
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

:0

Thats HUGE.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.