Marcus Marshall & Team Aus

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Sir Black Jack

Marcus Marshall & Team Aus

Post by Sir Black Jack »

G'day guys...

I've heard about Murcus Marshall being fired, but have no clue about the details,
does anybody know the real reason why Marshall was dropped from Team Australia?
And what do you think Marshall will do for 2006?

Catchya's... :aussie:
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I have heard nothing much of this... but he could go to A1GP... do the switch with Power
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

A better choice than CJ thats for sure.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

there was a little bit more about this on RPM this week. Apparently Marshall had taken team Australia to court trying to keep his drive for the remainder of the saeson, which he lost. It was over personal Sponsorship deals that conflicted with that of the teams and were never approved by the team. well, atleast thats the jist that i got.

I think at this time he is trying to secure a drive with other C.A.R.T. teams, there are a couple of vacancies around the place, one prized seat is that of the retiring Jimmy Vassers over at Chip Ganassi Racing. I dont know if that has already been filled though. i dont follow C.A.R.T. a great deal.

Maybe he will get an A1 drive who knows. i dont see CJ hangin around much longer than after their "christmas testing"... Alan Jones has already said once or twice that if someone quicker comes along they'll take the seat.. lol.. isnt everyone quicker? give chaz the drive..lol

It seems A1 is turning into a quite the development category.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Hehe, CJ sucks arse. And so does AJ these days - did you see his performance in the GP Masters race at Kyalami on the weekend? :rolf:
fp

Post by fp »

Realistically... the most probable answer is that he was canned was because he was seriously underperforming. Of the ten road/street courses that Marshall competed at, he qualified dead last eight times, and finished in the top ten only once. When they signed Will Power, they needed to find a way to terminate Marshall's contract without having to pay him off, and the official reason in the press release was "serious and substantial breach of contract".
The matter went to the supreme court, so the details should be freely available somewhere, though I haven't had the inclination to look them up, but it has been reported that Marshall appeared in (or agreed to appear in, or something to that extent) promotional material for a company/product without the prior consent of his boss/the team.
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Meh, I never thought much of Marcus Marshall, and his Indy stats havent changed anything. Team Aus were lucky to get rid of him so easily - or should I say cheaply?
fp

Post by fp »

Hz-Lab wrote:I think at this time he is trying to secure a drive with other C.A.R.T. teams, there are a couple of vacancies around the place, one prized seat is that of the retiring Jimmy Vassers over at Chip Ganassi Racing. I dont know if that has already been filled though. i dont follow C.A.R.T. a great deal.
heh, you don't say? :p

CART is no-longer the owner of the ChampCar World Series. The series, among other assets, were acquired prior to the beginning of last season by the three amigos.
Chip Fatassi hasn't had a team in ChampCar for years, and it's been even longer since Jimmy has driven for him. Vasser hasn't made his mind up about retiring yet, his decision may hinge on what happens with his current team-mate, Cristiano da Matta.
Indeed, PKV is one of the better performing teams on the grid, and improving as they develop, as such, I really doubt that they'll be interested in a driver such as Marcus, as nice a guy as he is, it seems he doesn't have what it takes to make it at the top level of motorsport.
As for what may become of Marshall... well, it would seem that he has well and truly burnt his bridges with Gore, which means it is less than likely that he'll end up in a WPS Soopercar next season. And if it wasn't for the transformation of Walker Racing into Team Australia, Marshall probably would have ended up at Dale Coyne Racing for this season anyway. So I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility of Marshall buying a drive at a team such as Coyne or HVM and making a return next season.
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

LOL... see, what did i tell you? i think i watched 3 races this year, and really all i caught was that vasser was retiring... lol..

I did however know that it wasnt called C.A.R.T. anymore.. but for some reason typed that anyway... i'll lay that one down to stupidity.. ha..

in my defense though..... CJ sucks ass.......!!!!!!
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

:stupid: hehe, i've been waiting to use that one.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Exar Kun wrote:Hehe, CJ sucks arse. And so does AJ these days - did you see his performance in the GP Masters race at Kyalami on the weekend? :rolf:
No. Was it on already ?? Damn. I was going to get a mate to "tape" it
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.