Auto Clutch

ISI's new sim rFactor
Mr.Ferret

Auto Clutch

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Yeah yeah i know i pretty much asked the same thing in the other thread.

For those that don't know i just got a G25 and cant get it to well clutch properly i guess, axis's all working correctly all mapped etc
but I've got it to go into neutral right but i don't have to clutch start in the v8s it just goes in gear and starts!!! which really really sucks

I've got auto clutch disabled I'm sure of it i tried in game and in the plr file.

but one strange thing is that if i spin or something the engine will die and i will have to restart the engine manually but still dont need to clutch start or use clutch to change gears (even though you don't "have" to in the v8s)

also doing the same in GTR2

anyone got any ideas?
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

Someone had a thread in here with full controller.ini and all the different things it did.. perhaps have a search through this section of the forum, grab the .ini file and have a browse on what was what. I changed it to what was suggested, and haven't looked back since.

I'd look for it for you, but I'm a lazy prick.. (read: had too many beers already)
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

sounds like its a player.ini setting. You need to enable a 'neutral between gears' setting.

open your player.ini and search (ctrl F) for the word neutral.
--------------
Stu
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

oh and by the way, Im not being a lazy prick like some, Im just not on my rFactor PC :)

so if you cant find it, yell out and I will help you.
--------------
Stu
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

Have a beer or 5 Bauer.. you'd be surprised how quickly you'd become lazy :lol:

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

EzyRider wrote:Have a beer or 5 Bauer.. you'd be surprised how quickly you'd become lazy :lol:
pfffft I dont need beer to be lazy :D

In fact Im drinking coffee right now and feeling particularly unhelpful :yes:
--------------
Stu
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

:rofl:

:rolf:

:rofl:

Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

well yeah got that bit going the neutral thing right.

Thing is i can just wack it in first from the pits floor it and not worry about the clutch, couldn't do that on my mates and all we did was plug it in and play for his.

it will stall if i put it in gear and THEN floor it, also will stall if i spin etc or stop without holding clutch in, also dont have to use the clutch to change gear in any car which sucks.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Mr.Ferret wrote:well yeah got that bit going the neutral thing right.

Thing is i can just wack it in first from the pits floor it and not worry about the clutch, couldn't do that on my mates and all we did was plug it in and play for his.

it will stall if i put it in gear and THEN floor it, also will stall if i spin etc or stop without holding clutch in, also dont have to use the clutch to change gear in any car which sucks.
You'll never have to use the clutch to get away in rFactor, nor will have to use it to change gears - it's just a personal satisfaction thing really.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Exar Kun wrote:
Mr.Ferret wrote:well yeah got that bit going the neutral thing right.

You'll never have to use the clutch to get away in rFactor, nor will have to use it to change gears - it's just a personal satisfaction thing really.
yeah i was told that last night.

But the thing is, on my mates when we first plugged it in didn't do anything just floored it and put it in first it died. came up saying please release the clutch and engage neutral then the engine started itself back up again....sstrranngee thought it was always meant to be like that
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

It depends on your 1st gear ratio, you can stall with no clutch if it's long enough on take off.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I only use the clutch for the starts, much easier to get a fast start with the clutch. apart from that, its not used except to stop me stalling when i spin
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

gear changes - no need for clutch as others say
For start however, yes. You can stall the car if things properly set up simply but stopping the car in gear. If this does not work your auto cluch is on.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

[quote="ysu"For start however, yes. You can stall the car if things properly set up simply but stopping the car in gear. [/quote]

yep mines like that, perhaps we still had the shot ratio diff selected for the v8s and thats why it did it on his.

thanks for all the help fellas :)