The best songs you've never heard

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

The best songs you've never heard

Post by durbster »

Some of the best music I have is stuff that was never released (as far as I know), and is rarely played on the radio. Stuff like those album tracks that are far greater than the singles everyone knows, or tunes I've stumbled on that are from genres I don't normally listen to, or even just old tunes that don't get played much. Can anyone give me some more great tunes that I've probably never heard?

Such as:
Texas - Breathless
Natalie Imbruglia - On The Run
Finley Quaye - Dice

I also heard this on the radio yesterday and it blew me away but I suspect many of you already know this one :)
[youtube] [/youtube]
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: The best songs you've never heard

Post by w00dsy »

i'm a huge Queen fan but hate most of the shit that made it to radio like Under Pressure, Another One Bites The Dust, Killer Queen etc. It doesn't represent the real Queen which is more of a heavier rock band than odd radio pop.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Yeah The Offspring are a bit like that, although I quite like their 'pop' releases too. Some of their album stuff is ridiculously fast and heavy, then other tracks are quite cheesy pop tunes.

In fact, that reminds me of another one:

The Offspring - Gone Away
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

thats because they used to be under the brilliance of Epitaph, then like a lot of bands, money became the priority, instead of the music.

i wouldnt say anything they did was particularly heavy though.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

no me neither, and Gone away was probably one of their bigger Commercial Tracks. Well at least here in Aus it was. Ixnay on the Hombre was full of golden little speedy thrash tracks, Then came Americana and WTF!!!!!!! bastards.. lol. Having said that, heard their latest track the other day, was not half bad.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

yeah it all ended after ixnay... brilliant album.. smash goes without saying.. and self titled with beheaded was ace.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I'm quite new to The Offspring so I'll happily concede to anyone with knowledge. They're one of those bands I've always liked everything I heard from them, but never bought any albums until recently. I don't think Americans can do rock music very well at all, but they're an exception.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

errr.. Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Green Day, RATM.... more specificly in offsprings punk rock genre, Pennywise, Bad Religion, Ramones, Rancid, NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Misfits, Descendents etc etc etc etc etc etc. As much as i have a distast for the americans... they produce good rock.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

you forgot the jonas brothers..