Extra credit, what did you buy?

iRacing
c.j
Midget Wanker

Extra credit, what did you buy?

Post by c.j »

Just curious to know 2 things...

a) Who is heading the Road Course route and who is focusing on ovals?

b) what did you buy with the extra credit gained from the yearly subscription?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Extra credit, what did you buy?

Post by Righteous »

Put it this way... I only have 4 tracks to purchase before I have all available iracing content... Only have to buy it once though he he.... I will use the extra 15 bucks at the end of august to buy that new track they just released with spider... barber whachimathingymabob...
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Roadies for me. I'm out of the Solstice and not looking back. I'm planning on contesting the Mazda and Skippy series this season. I have the Late Model but will maybe only do the minimum participation required for license advancement in that car.

With my yearly credit I bought the Skippy, VIR and Infineon. Since then I've also bought the Mazda, Radical and Late Model and also Silverstone, Daytona & Road America.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

im going to focus on late model.

but im going to attempt skippy havent driven it yet, should be interesting.

I have all cars and only need about 6 tracks i think before i have it all
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

and if you get 6 items for the bigger discount, which most go for it is cheaper then 1 at a time, but you dont need to buy anything till you need it also
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

I've bought all content for the 12 week Skippy series. I have also received some birthday cash, which will go towards Late Model series.... I'm going to compete in both ;)
balls & boobs. . .
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Exar Kun wrote:Roadies for me. I'm out of the Solstice and not looking back. I'm planning on contesting the Mazda and Skippy series this season. I have the Late Model but will maybe only do the minimum participation required for license advancement in that car.

With my yearly credit I bought the Skippy, VIR and Infineon. Since then I've also bought the Mazda, Radical and Late Model and also Silverstone, Daytona & Road America.
SO Mick,

Tell us about the Mazda and the radical in comparison to the RT2000...like to hear your thoughts.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I've purchased most road stuff - that's my area of interest - and the late model + oval D licence tracks, I'll give the oval a try on occasions.
There's plenty left to purchase to use the $15 cr coming + the 6-item discount
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Speed

Post by Speed »

I've purchased everything but the new Barber Motorsports track & I'll prolly purchase that if it's needed for the next season with the Radical.

My preference is roadies but I also like the mid-size ovals so I'll be doing the Silver Crown oval series as well as the Skippy & the Mazda.
Not interested in the Late Models.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I think mine will end up going on whatever will be required for the Radical series, which I'm guessing will be Sebring and Barber Motorsports Park. I'd prefer to buy 3 items to get the discount so that'll probably mean getting the Riley Prototype as well if it's available then.

On the oval side I'll buy the minimum required to keep advancing my license, which having been in the beta, hopefully won't be much :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Hazelb wrote:SO Mick,

Tell us about the Mazda and the radical in comparison to the RT2000...like to hear your thoughts.
Neither is as lively or as fun to drive in my opinion. The Mazda's steering is heavier than the Skippy's and the Radical's is heavier still. The Mazda overall feels a bit numb. You only get the harshest of bumps through the wheel compared to the Skippy. The Radical's feedback is a little better and feels more as it should be than the Mazda's does.

The Mazda has incredible grip. It's very hard to make it tail happy - even under lots of throttle. You're more likely to unbalance it in a long corner than during entry or exit. You can trail brake right up to the apex and then pretty much 100% throttle on the way out. It doesn't feel like it requires much finesse compared to the Skippy but rather great timing to nail your braking and turn in points. It's quite fun on the limit but no where near as engaging as the Skippy.

The Radical also has heaps of grip although it's harder to access it and most of it is at the back. It's a stubborn thing to get turned in and it's very easy to unload the front tyres and lock them up. Plenty of grip to power out of turns unless you really rev the engine and then you'll get power oversteer. It feels awesome on trailing throttle through the high speed stuff and it's great to drive a car in iRacing that feels like it has power to spare after coming out of the skippy.

I did a few laps in both earlier this week - the Radical for the fun races and the Mazda in preperation for next week - but it was the Skippy i've come back to just for the fun of it. There's a couple of posts on the members forum from a current FMazda driver and he's said the car in iRacing has far too much mechanical grip and the steering is too numb so hopefully the devs can use his feedback and make it better for the Winter season.

I'm still looking forward to racing in the Mazda as it'll be fun to have a fast car on some of the bigger track and once we get that thing in traffic it will make things very interesting, I'm sure.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Cool

Im in love with the skippy..been a long time since i dedicated time to building my prefered setup...

How good is Sears long!!!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I only have the SK modified to buy and 2 tracks.. lol. And i am buying them tonight.. ha
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

i got the skippy and the tracks i need for the 12 weeks season,i`ll advance slowly and enjoying one car at the time
but the next purchase will be the radical,i am not really an oval orientated driver,but i do have fun with the occasional oval race.
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Good choice I reckon 9metal. I'm easing into iRacing. Bought the two tracks and Skip and plan to contest the next series. Also have the LM but I don't enjoy the small tracks. Think I'll try to advance in Ovals at a later date. With the little time I have to race I'll be focusing on road for a while I think.
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

good info peeps, cheers...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I bought all the content for the Skippy and Late Model series, not a bad way to do it getting the extra discount for 6 or more items. Think it cost me about $60 on top of the iRacing dollars. I'll probably do the same for each road and oval series as I progress.