Spam King

Re: le Tour de france 2010

Post by nutty »

This is going to be crazzzzzzyyyyyyyyy Andy is going for it at the first check
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

nutty wrote:This is going to be crazzzzzzyyyyyyyyy Andy is going for it at the first check

Come on Andy!!!! I dont think he can do it, but I hope he does. :p
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Faded towards the end, should still be proud of his effort.

Andy just needed a bit more luck going his way (chain not coming off, and more importantly Frank being around) and he would have won the tour
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Top effort!!! If Andy can produce & improve his ITT's like we saw last night then we may just be starting to witness the start of another classic rivalry in the tradition of the great cycling rivalries of the past.
I guess it will also depend on the strength of this new Luxemburger team the Schleck's are heading up next year.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

There is little doubt that Andy will win the tour one day. He put everything into that time trial, it has been a very good tour and so far no drug scandals.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I think its one of the best tours I can remember. Great first week with the cobblestones and tricky stages. Epic battle in the mountain and some great sprints. Then top it off with a killer ITT.

And couldn't agree more with Andy winning the tour one day.

Didn't know thery whwre stating a team tho
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

nutty wrote:Didn't know thery whwre stating a team tho
Here is the story confirming it: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/riis-ad ... bourg-team" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Whats the go today, no breakaways so far? average speed is 26.. currently rolling at 21.. going to be awhile to the finish guess ill missout
norbs

Post by norbs »

nutty wrote:Whats the go today, no breakaways so far? average speed is 26.. currently rolling at 21.. going to be awhile to the finish guess ill missout
They dont usually race the last stage until they get to the Champs, then it goes a bit crazy. Might be some pushes for sprint points though.

Im off to bed, work tomorrow, fuck it. :)
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Yea same, only intrested in teh sprint anyway
norbs

Post by norbs »

Well I missed the highlights this morning as I forgot to set the alarm and slept a lot longer than I should have. Will have a look tonight, but it seems like Cav won the sprint. No surprises there. :)
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Yer saw that too..

He is amazing, in a class of his own.. And its hard to believe he is only 25, let's say he has another 8 years of really competitive riding plus another few picking up the odd stages, he could
walk away with 50+ tdf stage wins.. Insane
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/alberto ... lenbuterol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sad news, but happy for Andy!
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Looks like the drug is used to reduce weight . I wonder why he would want to do that during a GT .
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
norbs

Post by norbs »

As much as I dont like him, I hope he didnt use drugs. Cycling doesn't need more shit like this.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

from that article it doesnt look like he meant to.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

that report fails to mention one really critical point it appears... he is not in danger at this stage of being stripped of his win, as the limits found are well below the allowable limits set by the UCI and WADA... apparently 400 times below the allowable limits.

The tests were apparently carried out by a new testing process able to measure picograms (I think is the measurement) there a 1 trillion picrorams in a gram... he tested for 50 picorgams...

I am pretty sure he is well safe... and interestingly if his blood has been tested to such a degree, it is a fair bet he can be declared enhancement free if that was all they could find.

Seems it is possible that some foods contain these levels, and his story will most likely check out...
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

bengatta wrote: Seems it is possible that some foods contain these levels, and his story will most likely check out...
i really hope that's all it is and that's how it pans out. If so, then it might even highlight the use of additives in food etc :)
markus

Post by markus »

bengatta wrote:that report fails to mention one really critical point it appears... he is not in danger at this stage of being stripped of his win, as the limits found are well below the allowable limits set by the UCI and WADA... apparently 400 times below the allowable limits.
In here it was understood that it was 400 times below the limit that WADA approved laboratories need to be able to detect. However there are no allowable limits - meaning he was "above the allowable limits".
Much cycling such kilometers.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

My understanding is they set allowable limits for everything, as many components are found in everyday items right down to pesticides used in crop dusting, etc, etc, etc... I am pretty sure caffeine is a banned substance, but last time I checked it was in a can of coke...

They add preservatives of almost any type in almost any food, banning anything and everything as absolute will mean almost any athlete will test positive to something banned..

not saying you are wrong, just expressing my understanding of the allowable limits... I am not prepared to label him a drug cheat just yet, unless further evidence arrises...
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....