Star Wars TV to be shot in OZ

Chat about stuff you've seen
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Star Wars TV to be shot in OZ

Post by Nigel »

Star Wars TV Shows Ramp Up

Rick McCallum, who served as producer on the recent Star Wars films, revealed to Now Playing Magazine some of the details of the two upcoming TV series based on the franchise created by George Lucas. "The live-action television series is something we're planning for just at the beginning of 2007," McCallum said in an interview while promoting the upcoming DVD of Star Wars: Episode III—Revenge of the Sith at Lucas' Skywalker Ranch in northern California. "We're just starting to interview writers and trying to really figure out which direction [to go]."

McCallum added that the series will have a different tone than the features and will introduce characters that weren't seen on the big screen. "It is going to be much darker, much grittier. It's going to be character-based. [Lucas] envisions somewhere like 100 hours, [set] between Episode III and Episode IV, with a lot of characters that we haven't met, but [who] have been developed in some of the novels and other things. We're really excited about that, because I think finally we're going to have the opportunity to answer everybody's questions once and for all by the time we finish the series.”

McCallum also revealed that the live-action series is likely to be based in Sydney, Australia, and will be filmed in hi-def, while production on the animated series is already underway at Skywalker Ranch. "The animation is being done as we speak," he told the magazine. "It's starting to prep. That's being done here at the Ranch. A lot of the effects are being done in Singapore. ... I think it's just now in the conceptual work and script work [phase]. I think George is trying to get 13 scripts done first before we really start to get into the pipeline of it. But that'll start happening probably at the end of March."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/inde ... 743&type=0
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

I bet the crew that did Farscape are gonna be stoked about this.

Good bunch of people, I got utterly shitfaced on a harbour cruise of theirs :D
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill