Battlestar Galactica season 4.5

Chat about stuff you've seen
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Battlestar Galactica season 4.5

Post by Exar Kun »

Anyone been watching this? The show is into its final 12 episodes (and then I guess we get "Caprica") and things are pretty interesting now. I hope they wrap up all the lose ends. We've already found out who the final cylon is and all the tension so far has been within the fleet itself with very little to do with cylons except for the ones who were already in the crew.

This show can get pretty bogged down sometimes (like half of season 3) but it's looking good for the final run to the flag.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Re: Battlestar Galactica season 4.5

Post by AstrO »

Loving the new Battlestar Galactica episodes :)
"We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version [of Alien vs. Predator] for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

I know who 4 of the final 5 are. Missed out on who the last was
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

ORSM show - Eps 13 was fantastic!
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

I've been watching the new BG, I reckon it's pretty good, but I didn't get past "Anyone been watching this?" as I was scared of seeing a spoiler.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Peptis wrote:I've been watching the new BG, I reckon it's pretty good, but I didn't get past "Anyone been watching this?" as I was scared of seeing a spoiler.
Hehe - no real spoilers. Just basic background stuff. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

AstrO wrote:Loving the new Battlestar Galactica episodes :)
O hell yeah :yes:
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

I take it this this the Day and Date thing the Scifi channel is doing. To be honest, BSG lost me in season 3. Just not enough action for me and too much soap.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
markus

Post by markus »

Exar Kun wrote:Anyone been watching this?
Frak yeah :yes:
Much cycling such kilometers.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

So its over now :(

Great end to a Great series. very interesting route they took with starbuck. :D dont want to spoil it :)
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

YEP

The last episode was a cracker...a great series, sad to see it gone :(
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Just got round to watching the final 3 eps all in a row which was kind of a cool way of doing it. I liked the ending, they kept a little bit of mystery about somethings but wrapped some others up. Was nice to hear the original theme song again with the final shots of the Galactica. Despite a lot of "when is this thing going to end" (especially during season 3), I'm now sad to see it go. Kind of forget how little quality sci-fi is out there until it's gone.

I'll give Caprica a go but can't see it being my thing.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

fantastic show, easily one of my faves great ending
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I finally finished watching season 4. What a way to end it, was a fitting tribute to the original with a great spin on the story of this new version.

Anyway I stumbled accross this and thought it was worthy enough to resurect (no pun intended) this thread.
http://www.tv.com/battlestar-galactica- ... de;summary
Battlestar Galactica: The Plan
This final installment of Battlestar Galactica comes in the form of a Syfy Channel television movie. The special event will follow the stories of the human-form Cylons on the Galactica and on Caprica during the preparation for the massive Cylon attack on the Colonial homeworlds. The air date has not been announced yet but executive producer Ronald Moore stated that the movie could air in November 2009. Edward James Olmos (Admiral Adama) directed. Co-executive producer Jane Espenson wrote the screenplay.
Doesn't seem to be the same writers but I guess it is to try & tie fans over until Caprica starts in Jan 2010.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Hazelb wrote:ORSM show - Eps 13 was fantastic!

like the ORSM reference :yes:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Cool Flinty, I hadn't heard of that movie being the works. Will be good to have some more Galactica.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Also the DVD relase for a prequal show called Caprica has been realeased about Adamas father i think and the creation of the cylons etc, ive 'aquired' it its just the pilot dunno if its any good, much more drama mmuucchh less sci fi and space ships etc apparntly.

EDIT: Just watched it then, rather interesting, shows how the first cylon whilst aluding to the others, and it was Adamas grandfather (apolo's great grandfather) who is one of the main characters, definetly worth a look for BGS fans craving more, will be interesting to see how the full series goes when thats out sometime next year.
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Some details of BSG happenings from the SyFy network today.
Universal Studios Home Entertainment will release the Blu-ray of season one, including the original miniseries, on Jan. 5, 2010, coinciding with the first season premiere of Caprica on Syfy. And today, the company announced an Oct. 27 release date for Battlestar Galactica: The Plan on both DVD and Blu-ray.

Here's the official announcement. So say we all!

Television's most thrilling science fiction adventure makes a stunning turnabout when Battlestar Galactica: The Plan debuts on Blu-rayTM Hi-Def and DVD on October 27, 2009 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. For the first time ever, fans can experience the uncut and uncensored story of humanity's futuristic fight for survival through the eyes of their deadly adversaries, the Cylons. This never-before-seen perspective of the Cylon plan reunites the series' original television cast, including Emmy® Award winner Edward James Olmos (Stand and Deliver), Dean Stockwell (JAG), Tricia Helfer (Burn Notice), Grace Park (The Cleaner) and Callum Keith Rennie (Californication). Ronald D. Moore and David Eick return as executive producers.
Battlestar Galactica: The Plan's executive producer and writer Jane Espenson added, " Edward James Olmos was our director on the movie, and he did an amazing job. He also shot some great footage that we are not able to show on TV, so I'm thrilled that viewers can experience it uncut as our director envisioned it."
Reads to me that "The Plan" may have already been shown on US TV. Anyone seen it or know anything?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Excuse me whilest I Image an old thread,

Just watched Battlestar Galactica from the very beginning. Just finished it.

I followed this Viewing Order and it really fit in nicely, and if you ever want to watch the show again Do it this way.

Now to attempt Caprica for the 3rd time... then ill do blood and chrome.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

I have done the viewing order also when Caprica and Blood and Chrome came out.. It was better then the order in which it was released in, pity Caprica was cut short at 1 season.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.