Wireless/Bluetooth Keyboard/Touch Pad combo

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Wireless/Bluetooth Keyboard/Touch Pad combo

Post by dvestate »

So fired up the old gaming tower on the weekend for some racing on the 60" TV, runs pretty well off my old beast but the issue that I am having is the keyboard and mouse across the room.

So thinking a wireless or bluetooth combo is in order so I can sit on the lounge and not need extenders for my current USB devices.

Anyone here using anything good (or useless for me to avoid), was thinking maybe something that has an all in one as I don't really play any FPS games via a PC so an independent mouse is not a requirement :D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: Wireless/Bluetooth Keyboard/Touch Pad combo

Post by Duke »

Honestly I have found w/less devices used in such a way are a fairly hit & miss affair, as in they work very sporadically when distance is pushed even in our pretty small living room.
Maybe if you could put the PC or just the dongle on a USB lead closer to your devices it would work ok but then I guess the point of having w/less devices is lost a little isn't it. :rolleyes:
Sorry not much help I know.

by the way how did you find using a TV, for gaming?
I have heard the severe input lag of TV's can cause issues when playing all sorts of games particularly FPS & Racing Sims.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I can report that so far, with iRacing, that there did not seem to be any noticable lag on the TV at all. I was mostly running practice with only a few other cars on screen at any one time.

I'm really happy with the way it worked and the level of detail while using the WheelstandPro sitting on the lounge, not as good as a dedicated rig but with the adjustments to angles etc I can make with the stand I can just about have it in a perfect position for me.

Installed F1 2012 before I headed off to bed last night so hoping to give that a crack tonight and then maybe some Dirt later in the week

Will need a bit of practice to get back to a respectable pace in iRacing....
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

I'd recommend a Logitech mouse+KB combo, and make sure you get one with the "unify" USB receiver. I think most Logitech products these days have them.

Basically it's the USB receiver which you plug into your PC, but it is tiny and only sticks out about 5mm. It also can connect up to 6 Logitech devices. Just chuck that in the front USB port on your PC, and you should be good to go with plenty of range.

Check out thelogitechshop.com.au or your local MSY for cheap Logitech gear.

Logitech do an all-in-one, was on sale today actually: http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/113105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I tried to get the K400 but all the Officeworks were out :(

Grabbed the replacement model K400R from an IT store near work for $42, set it up last night and for what I need is perfect. I will say the keys are not the best out there but do the job and I will only be using it when running the PC in that room for my racing games
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

dvestate wrote:I tried to get the K400 but all the Officeworks were out :(

Grabbed the replacement model K400R from an IT store near work for $42, set it up last night and for what I need is perfect. I will say the keys are not the best out there but do the job and I will only be using it when running the PC in that room for my racing games
Nice one Dvestate. I've always been tempted to get the K400 as well for my HTPC. Might have to do so.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I got a K400R this week too. It's much better than the mini keyboard I got of eBay.. Great for couch surfing on the HTC.
eek