New Gaming System - Advice Needed

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: New Gaming System - Advice Needed

Post by r8response »

Something else to think over, the GTX 7XX series are supposedly being released this coming Wednesday/Thursday
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

No kids and no point pumping money into house renovations as the house value is pretty fixed so its toys for me!
XLV SPORT
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

That said.. you are going multi monitor.. you should get a Titan.. 690 if you were going Single as the Jitter is less noticeable on the lower resolution as it is such a higher fps then dropped frames are seen..

And AMD have still not fixed there jitter issues.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-C ... 70-CrossFi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Hi Jiminee,

That is a mighty system! Do you mind me asking how much your local pc guy quoted you? For gaming, it's way overkill. There are plenty of reviews out there which compare socket 1155 and 2011 for gaming. The difference is shit all. Less than 3 fps. In most cases 2011 was 1fps better. For gaming, I would not go 2011. The performance increase doesn't match the cost.

32Gb of Ram way more than what you need for gaming. Hell, 16GB is way more than what you need! Also the ram quoted is only 1600mhz, try and get something at least 2133mhz.

Have you thought about ordering online and building the system yourself? You will save yourself a heap and it's lots of fun....just ask MADCAP! PCCaseGear is a very good online store http://www.pccasegear.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

+1 for PCCG
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

yeah I bought my stuff at pccg, too.
cheap & reliable so far :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

One other thing I would suggest is check out the Oculus Rift and have a think about if it appeals to you and if you can hold out for one. I too was going to eventually get the 3-monitor mount for my Obutto but as soon as I heard about the Rift I shelved those plans. Should be 10x more immersive and much cheaper than triple screens. GPU requirement will also likely be less than what's needed for triples.

Also with sound cards a Xonar DX will still do a good job and is half the cost of a Xonar Essense, depends how 'into' audio you are.

Finally if this is a bit of an exercise in splurging on some toys have a look at Simvibe, haven't read anyone say one bad thing about it and meant to really add to the immersion of sims like iRacing. I'm planning to set it up on my Obutto kinda on the cheap and looking at $300 min, with better transducers and amps you could be looking at $6-700 but could use money diverted from other areas of your system like the cpu as suggested by others.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I think VR glasses will have a long way to go before it's a straight good replacement for 3 monitors, even for just, say, racing.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

They have potential but not being able to see the steering wheel or the h shifter or a button box will be hard for a while. If they are in the same position all the time that would help but mine never are.

Sent from my GT-i9100 using Tapatalk 2
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

NeilPearson wrote:They have potential but not being able to see the steering wheel or the h shifter or a button box will be hard for a while. If they are in the same position all the time that would help but mine never are.

Can't say I look at my steering wheel or shifter while driving the real thing. :lol:

But yes how would one type with them on, be buggered if you had to take them on & off all the time just to type. :no:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
petey

Post by petey »

Well I can generally drive in the dark with my sim setup. So it wouldn't be all that much of a change really. Touch typing and a solid seating position and you're laughing.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
richo

Post by richo »

I think it would be more difficult than we think . If the Rift headset blocks as much of your vision as it looks like it does then using a keyboard would be bloody difficult .

Now if they had a small switch able front facing camera that could solve that problem?

You can try it now , put a bag over your head...

:lol:
[]D [] []v[] []D
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Richo.. There is no vision other then the screens.

You could mod(eg cut some/all the underside to view stuff but could lead to distractions.)

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Triple screens are the past, VR is the future!!! :lol: :tilt:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Flinty72 wrote:
NeilPearson wrote:They have potential but not being able to see the steering wheel or the h shifter or a button box will be hard for a while. If they are in the same position all the time that would help but mine never are.

Can't say I look at my steering wheel or shifter while driving the real thing. :lol:

But yes how would one type with them on, be buggered if you had to take them on & off all the time just to type. :no:
I was Testing as i was driving my real car today, I can see my hands out the corner of my eye when reaching to change gears. I very much think that you do look at the gear stick, just not consciously.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

So you are saying you turn you head and have to look at where the gear knob is?

Is it not just like eating, something you can do with your eyes closed.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

No. Peripheral vision.

Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

FYI - 780GTX just got released today - well worth a look, its a little brother to the Titan and they perform very well. ~700 bucks each which is 500 less than most titans. SLI two 780's and you would have a stupidly good graphics setup.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Ooh wow.

Ill have to get me two of those in the next few months. Having a i770k and a gtx460 won't really do much.

Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

http://pcpartpicker.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Well this is my first post from my new machine - tentatively called the DeSSDroyer in recognition of its coolest feature so far. Thanks for the suggestion r8, this SSD is the sex, the foreplay and the post shag cigarette and I have only been using it for 10 minutes!
Got a lot of setup work to do but coincidentally have next week off work so should be up and running soon.
XLV SPORT
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Lol Jim, once you've had the SSD there's no going back!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2