Paid my "Aussie tax" yesterday

all the ARSE dribble
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Paid my "Aussie tax" yesterday

Post by smithcorp »

The old annual skin cancer check. 13 solar keretoses frozen off the backs of hands, forearms and forehead. Otherwise clear.

The worst thing is knowing that nothing I do now in terms of blockout and hat-wearing is going to have any effect on the sun damage I inflicted in myself surfing in my teens. When Reef Oil (http://www.reefsun.com/#/boards/reef-sun) was what you applied - and it was designed to magnify the effects of the sun!

Can't believe they still make the stuff.
Sarsippius

Re: Paid my "Aussie tax" yesterday

Post by Sarsippius »

I'm fair skinned so I have to be very careful, had a few excisions and bits frozen off but not quite that many. Nowadays even if I'm in the shade outside I'll wear a wide brimmed hat, the nose and forehead are a bit of a concern as they're naturally more exposed.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Yeah, it was my nose where I got an actual skin cancer that had to be cut off a few years ago. Nose and ears are danger spots.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I remember people putting baby oil on them for the same affect. Neighbours etc growing up we all had pools in our street in Sydney so was a common thing but melanoma is a scary beast. Zinc ftw!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

I'm going in next Wednesday for a check. You're not a real Aussie until you've had at least 1 melanoma cut off...
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I had a chunk chopped out of my arm a few years ago that turned out to be nothing.

This morning I'm paying the Iron Maiden tax, I deaf in my right ear and it's bloody brilliant! :D
Minister for Religious Genocide.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Dr. Pain wrote:I had a chunk chopped out of my arm a few years ago that turned out to be nothing.

This morning I'm paying the Iron Maiden tax, I deaf in my right ear and it's bloody brilliant! :D
LOL Doc! I paid the Lubricated Goat tax. Last hearing test I did said i had pretty bad hearing loss on one side and lately I have to get my kids to turn towards me when they speak to me and "speak up!" while i hold my hand by my ear Grandpa Simpson style. I have another hearing test later this month, not looking forward to it.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

You sound like my dad! :rofl:

I SAID, YOU SOUND LIKE MY DAD! :D

I wouldn't be surprised if I had a perforated ear drum. Had one or two in my right ear and it feels the same. A 10 metre high stack of pa speakers hanging from the roof aimed at me will do it!
Minister for Religious Genocide.