Pitchforth and Purnell Fired from Red Bull Racing!

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Scottie

Pitchforth and Purnell Fired from Red Bull Racing!

Post by Scottie »

sorry if i've been slow in this... but I got F1 Racing yesterday after work and read last night that The Red Bull Chief had these two fired... :yikes:

Now I believed that these two guys were some of Jag's/RB's best assets! Why would they fire such great guys just as they enter the fray of F1!

Apparently they have replaced them with the Arden owner and some other guy... a n00b at the helm of such a big investment for Red Bull in their first season is a shocking move in my opinion!

The article went on to say that because of the great support P & P had with the workforce there, that some of their main guys might pack up and leave, including some primary aero guys.

bad news
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yep, a little bit old but you're right. Seems like a stupid move on the face of things. From all reports those two guys were quite level headed and knew how to get on with the job. Mr Red Bull is just setting the team up how he wants now. No one seems to understand the value of stability in F1. You only have to look how well the most stable team in F1 has done to see what an asset it is.

I know you have to have the right people in place in the first place but I'd never heard anything bad about either Purnell or Pitchforth.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Take a look at the new (sic) Red Bull / Jaguar after looking at the new Renault / McLaren. It looks ancient!!

I think they are going to struggle more than ever this year. They will be following the Minardis round I think, I cant see how taking on the Jar Head was a good move either. They gotta look at 2-3 year plan... get some new blood in there.
eek
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Worse still, they have re-hired Gunther Steiner, the man responsible for the worst Jag ever(2002 i think)