Stoddy's Coming Back....

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Bacchulum

Stoddy's Coming Back....

Post by Bacchulum »

....as European Minardi F1 Team Ltd.
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=113514
He's already submitted his application, which makes a total of 12, so all places taken.
Now it's a matter if Max will approve it :shake: :p
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

So he quit F1 to concentrate on his airline. Then his airline failed and he's back into F1 - lol

Good to hear :D
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

He quit F1 because US$5-600M/year was unaffordable but thinks the US$100M/year proposed from 2008 opnwards is reasonable. :nod:
I doubt he'll give up on Ozjet either, with the support of European Airlines he can absorb the inevitable slow start all new airlines must contend with in Australia. :yes:

With all the grid slots filled now, it does leave the question about what Mercedes do with their planned B-team, along with Dave Richards who's just started building a brand new F1 facility. :eek:

[edit]
:finger:
[\edit]
Last edited by Bacchulum on Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

To late Bacchulum, OzJet as a retail airline is RIP.. they are onoly running two planes for charter now.

I hope he comes back.. F1 needs more people to mouth off. The rest of them have their balls locked in some safe in Cologne :eyepop:
eek
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

More of a downsizing than R.I.P. but that's the hurdle to get off the ground in Aus. :(
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Bacchulum wrote:He quit F1 because US$5-600,000/year was unaffordable but thinks the US$100,000/year proposed from 2008 opnwards is reasonable. :nod:
:eek: to run a F1 team on 100 grand?
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

w00dsy wrote:
Bacchulum wrote:He quit F1 because US$5-600,000/year was unaffordable but thinks the US$100,000/year proposed from 2008 opnwards is reasonable. :nod:
cut him some slack. he was only missing off 3 zero's :tilt:

he seemed chuffed that it was ONLY going to cost 100 million per year in the near future.

my opinion, he wont be back in F1 and the name Minardi will go the way of the others.
--------------
Stu
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I can't see him getting back in if they have choice between him and Richards.

I'd love to see more teams though. The 12 team cap is just silly.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Bauer wrote:
w00dsy wrote:
cut him some slack. he was only missing off 3 zero's :tilt:

he seemed chuffed that it was ONLY going to cost 100 million per year in the near future.

my opinion, he wont be back in F1 and the name Minardi will go the way of the others.
The "entry" fee is 100,000 in 2008. Down from 600,000
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

Stoddart really stuffed up a promising idea with that OzJet in as many ways as you could.

I'm more than happy to see more teams but they have to be quality, I'm not that interested in seeing another Andrea Moda minus the drama.