go Atkinson

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

go Atkinson

Post by w00dsy »

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Alot of his times yesterday were in the top 10, that's massive for a guy in his first WRC rally and on snow which he has never raced on. Awesome.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Wow, into the top 10 and he's kicking Sarrazin's arse too. :yes:

:tilt:
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

woohoo!!!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

:aussie: :kangaroo:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

He was running in the top 10 before a spin on SS18 cost him 13 minutes. Still, an impressive debut. :yes:

:tilt:
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

His definately going to be a force to be reckoned with. Considering he has had a VERY limited amount of time in a WRC car and never driven on snow before his progress was great.

First leg he made a mistake and dropped to 16 but he then quickly crawled back up the standings untill an off on ss18 put him out of contention for points. If he hadnt had that off he would have been in the points :).

As he said, he could have driven around slowly and carefully or tried his very best and pushed himself to the limit. He made a couple of mistakes and will learn from them, i suspect by mid season or later he will be challenging for outright wins.

Mexico is next and its gravel...so he should kick butt.

I also really enjoyed seeing how much faster he was then sarrazin...think Atkinson will be nominated as the points finisher for the rest of the year now ;)
fp

Post by fp »

wish I could say the same...
don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for Atko and want him to do well, but I've been a fan of Stéphane since before Atkinson could drive.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

VIPEROSI wrote:I also really enjoyed seeing how much faster he was then sarrazin...think Atkinson will be nominated as the points finisher for the rest of the year now ;)
We'll wait and see how he goes on the tarmac events. I'd be very surprised if Sarrazin didn't return the favour. :tilt:
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

The next one should be interesting. Mexico City is mainly gravel so it could be a bit of a leveller between Chris and Stephane. But I hope Atko can kick some ass!