07-08 Summer of Cricket

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Jim Maxwell "At 6/134, the Australian team would have been happy with 300."
Peter Roebuck "Jim, do you realise how Australian that sounds? If England were 6/135, they would be happy with 150"

:rofl:

A great comeback by the last 5. But you have to think, if the last 5 Aussies can score like that, how will Tendulkar, VVS and Dravid go if they get going? VVS averages 117 at the SCG.

2:13PM Drinks - Jesus. 18 off an over. They better knock Laxman over damned quick.
Last edited by norbs on Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i had a chuckle at that too Norbs.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

norbs wrote:On KO'K, did anyone hear his joke last year about the frog that walked into the bank. Holy fuck, I nearly drove off the road. I just found the bastard. http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200603/r74772_210339.mp3

From that link above.

During a test at the Gabba in Brisbane he once asked the ABC's Kerry O'Keeffe how he could become "more Australian". The reply was "Jeez Harsha. You're a tee-total vegetarian who doesn't bet. Give me something to work with!".

That mp3 is GOLD... I'm sitting here cacking myself laughing with tears rolling down my cheeks.. the tagics here in the office just don't understand good humour...
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

norbs wrote:
2:13PM Drinks - Jesus. 18 off an over. They better knock Laxman over damned quick.
Doesn't look to be in too much trouble. And even with Dravid barely scoring it's no problem with Laxman down the other end going nuts.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
norbs

Post by norbs »

7/451 atm. Still bored Nige?

Lets hope the rain stays away. This could be a cracking test finish.

I wonder what the umps had to say to Harbhajan? He is giving it to a few Aussies. Talking to Haydos and pointing to the scoreboard. :yes: We need more O/S players doing this.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yeah, looking really good. Only thing is the first innings scores are maybe looking too big to force a result. If India can rip through Australia, however, we could be in for a really close finish.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

i wondered what this was about.
INDIA spinner Harbhajan Singh faces being banned for the remainder of the Test series against Australia after being reported for racially abusing Andrew Symonds at the SCG.

In a sensational development that has completely overshadowed a brilliant century from Sachin Tendulkar on the third day of the second Test in Sydney, Harbhajan allegedly revived the terrible crowd abuse Symonds suffered during the recent one-day tour of India.

During the tour Symonds, the only black player in the Australia side, was abused with monkey chants.

Ricky Ponting made a complaint after Harbhajan confronted Symonds while batting on Friday.

Harbhajan has been reported by umpires Steve Bucknor and Mark Benson under clause 3.3 of the International Cricket Council code of conduct.

It carries a penalty of being banned for between two and four Tests or four to eight one-day matches.

It was at the end of a Brett Lee over that tensions boiled over.

On the way to a breezy 63, Harbhajan made a point of seeking out Symonds.

Tendulkar wandered over to join his batting partner and waved away Matthew Hayden as he turned to offer some well-chosen words to the noisy Harbhajan.

Unimpressed that Harbhajan had reopened a personal feud with Symonds, Ponting marched over and let Harbhajan know he should pull his head in.

By this stage umpires Bucknor and Benson, who have barely had control of this game from the outset, were conferring and called Harbhajan over.

Friday's questionable behaviour started long before Harbhajan decided to go verbal, when Ganguly highlighted he was from the same school of poor fielding and petulant behaviour as Yuvraj Singh.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

Exar Kun wrote:I love how O'Keeffe sometimes just descends into uncontrollable laughter. Usually takes him a couple of overs to regain his composure. I agree totally with norbs - mute the TV and go with ABC radio. I love going for drive during the day in the summer just coz I get to listen to the cricket.
If only Roy and HG would do the cricket... mmmmmmm, that would be bliss... :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

Fair dinkum, I don't think I have ever seen such a disgraceful umpiring display since they started using neutral umps. Really, I hope this test ends in a draw, because the Indians have been robbed. Can't say I am real impressed with Ponting either. Fair enough he said he didn't take the catch in the 1st innings, but some of his carry on today has been poor.
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

bring back Darrell Hair I say... :)
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

norbs wrote:Fair dinkum, I don't think I have ever seen such a disgraceful umpiring display since they started using neutral umps. Really, I hope this test ends in a draw, because the Indians have been robbed. Can't say I am real impressed with Ponting either. Fair enough he said he didn't take the catch in the 1st innings, but some of his carry on today has been poor.
Thats what I like to see / hear :yes:

I don't say that as someone who doesn't follow Australia. I say it as someone that likes to see a fair appraisal of the game; regardless of who is winning.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

BAHAHAHAHA.. Boring my ass.. regardless of shite decisions and whatnot this has been a ripper test to watch....
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I watched nearly every minute of this match and it's had everything. I can see where you're coming from Norbs, 2nd rate umpiring but to say India deserved to win is up for debate.

Fuck yeah, what a game, the best finish to a test in ages.

Go you Aussies :)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

shagging Lara Bingle AND getting 3 wickets to win the match

lucky little shit isnt he :D
--------------
Stu
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Hard to win/draw the game with umpiring like that.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

What a finish! Loved it! GO THE AUSSIES!!!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Bauer wrote:shagging Lara Bingle AND getting 3 wickets to win the match

lucky little shit isnt he :D
i was just saying to my uncle here, That would be the perfect day, Winning a test by getting 3 wickets in the near final over, and it being a test that gets you a World Record. Then after match drinks getting mildly hammered then going home to shag the ringhole out of Lara Bingle.

If that aint the Perfect Aussie Day i dunno what is.
Nige wrote:Hard to win/draw the game with umpiring like that.
Not Really, Australia just did it. :lol:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

India deserved the draw. Those sides really were pretty evenly matched. Having said that it's still awesome to see the Aussies win. Symonds was very good with the bat (yeah he was lucky too) and the ball and totally deserved man of the match. But that umpiring really was disgraceful.
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

Hz-Lab wrote:i was just saying to my uncle here, That would be the perfect day, Winning a test by getting 3 wickets in the near final over, and it being a test that gets you a World Record. Then after match drinks getting mildly hammered then going home to shag the ringhole out of Lara Bingle.

If that aint the Perfect Aussie Day i dunno what is.
Nobody is that lucky... with that sort of luck she must be up on blocks this week...
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

fourthof5 wrote:Hard to win/draw the game with umpiring like that.
oh FFS. Did you throw your turban when Pup got the last one out? :D

you arent a pretend pom, you are simply unaustralian :kangaroo: :kangaroo: :kangaroo: :kangaroo:

:aussie: :aussie: :aussie: :aussie: :aussie: :aussie:

:aussie2: :aussie2: :aussie2: :aussie2:
--------------
Stu
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

it's also hard to win/draw with shit batting like that. Not many teams can take it to australia in the second innings. That's where they do so well.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Vilante 11 wrote:I watched nearly every minute of this match and it's had everything. I can see where you're coming from Norbs, 2nd rate umpiring but to say India deserved to win is up for debate.

Fuck yeah, what a game, the best finish to a test in ages.

Go you Aussies :)
Mick, I dont recall saying India deserved a win. They most certainly didn't. But by christ they got stooped a few times with shit decisions. Sending Dravid and Jaffer out to open was a clear signal they were going for a draw. Had they sent out Sachin and Gangers, it would have been a positive move that showed some intent. If they lose those 2 early then they can shut up shop and the Wall can block out a load of overs.
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

Bauer wrote:

you arent a pretend pom, you are simply unaustralian :kangaroo: :kangaroo: :kangaroo: :kangaroo:

you missed some emoticons that would highlight your points better... :D

:bananabang: :doggy: :arseshake: :banana_love: :finger: :bananabang: :doggy: :arseshake: :banana_love: :finger: :bananabang: :doggy: :arseshake: :banana_love: :finger:
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Bauer wrote:

You know what. I have copped shit like that since I arrived in Australia. Firstly because I had an English accent and later simply because I didn't seem to adhere to exactly the same mentality as other Australians. Its one of the reasons I don't follow Australia in sport. To imply that someone is somehow "the hated other" (turban) just because they disagree with you is pretty narrow minded.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

fourthof5 wrote:
Bauer wrote:

You know what. I have copped shit like that since I arrived in Australia. Firstly because I had an English accent and later simply because I didn't seem to adhere to exactly the same mentality as other Australians. Its one of the reasons I don't follow Australia in sport. To imply that someone is somehow "the hated other" (turban) just because they disagree with you is pretty narrow minded.
Now what I meant by that, and signalled with a smilie or 20, was that you dont seem to care what sport it is or who is playing against Australia, you will wear the hat of the opposition. Today that hat was a turban. nothing more was meant by that and I didnt mean to offend.
--------------
Stu