Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Ah. Thats cool then :)
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

norbs wrote:
Vilante 11 wrote:I watched nearly every minute of this match and it's had everything. I can see where you're coming from Norbs, 2nd rate umpiring but to say India deserved to win is up for debate.

Fuck yeah, what a game, the best finish to a test in ages.

Go you Aussies :)
Mick, I dont recall saying India deserved a win. They most certainly didn't. But by christ they got stooped a few times with shit decisions. Sending Dravid and Jaffer out to open was a clear signal they were going for a draw. Had they sent out Sachin and Gangers, it would have been a positive move that showed some intent. If they lose those 2 early then they can shut up shop and the Wall can block out a load of overs.
True mate, I took that out of context, sorry.

They sure got the hard end of the stick, both with decisions and luck.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Vilante 11 wrote:
True mate, I took that out of context, sorry.

They sure got the hard end of the stick, both with decisions and luck.
No need for an apology mate. You made a small blue, you didn't spike my drink with Rohypnol like Hz tried. And he still hasn't apologise.

To M.J. Clarke. He certainly seems to have been blessed. Having said that, I think his reaction, and the Aust teams when Ganguly got out was a bit rough. I am pretty sure he screamed out "Fuck off" (I may be wrong here) when he took that catch. And even the catch was suspect if you ask me. This after he was clearly out on day 4, edging to slip FFS, and stood there looking at the ump. And it isn't like Australian batsmen, Gilly excepted, don't wait for the ump to put the finger up.

I lost a lot of respect for alot of the Australian cricket team last year after a few different things happened. And I think the trend may continue this year. Maybe it is just playing the Indians manages to bring out the worst in the Aussies, but there have been a couple of things this match that have gotten under my skin. The biggest one the carry one with Harbijan. What happened to the Aussie credo of what happens on the field, stays on the field? They want to play hard, but as soon as someone like Harnbijan has a shot back, look out. And I wont have that it was a racial slur that upset them. You can't tell me that they haven't said crap like that themselves.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i aint apologizing for the rohypnol, nor am I apologizing for the stain on your sheets. The same way you won't apologize about my little sphinctorial tear. It works both ways toddles.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

The aussies have had some dubious on-field behaviour for 10 years.. McGrath was a great bowler but a first rate bastard on the field...

Norbs is right tho.. the indians got the wrong end of the stick on quite a few occasion sin this test, no they wouldnt of won, but they deserved a draw.
eek
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

The way the Australian's sledge (apparently) is on the verge of abuse.. but some have noted it to be continuous banter... so who really knows. In my books, as long as you don't go out and really abuse someone racially or threaten their life the Umpires can't really stop it it.

Besides, the umpires were shit this game, they had no control over the game at all and should be ARSE kicked for their handling of the game - aside from the absolutely fucking shit decisions that were made.

Of course Australia were going to win this game... they had 13 players on the field...
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

But given the obvious bias in the ICC (the footage of how the Indian crowd behave without penalty and the treatment of Daryl Hair are enough to prove that for me) the Australians are not left with many options.
They knew Harbijan is a hot head so odds are pretty good they baited him and he fell for it, made sure the umpires heard it (no mean feat given they are deaf by all accounts) and bang, he is gone for a few tests, not exactly the most gentlemanly thing to do but pretty smart and effective and if Harbijan is dumb enough to fall for it, especially as it is not the first time for him then he deserves the punishment he gets.
No doubt some of that umpiring was disgraceful and your right Norbs, I think there was a piss (or fuck) off after the Ganguly catch but both teams behaved as badly as each other. The Indian guys are experts at doing the dirty behind the scenes and then turning on the sweet and innocent stuff afterwards and they will stoop to any level as well, just like the Aussies. I wonder if there will be doubts over say Mitchell Johnson's action or something, in their attempt at some pay back.

The real problem for the Indian team is they are confusing playing attacking aggresive cricket with just being angry for the sake of looking tough. Much like a footballer who is hard and physical on the ball compared to a guy who is just out there looking to crunch guys. They seem to have it in their heads that puffing their chests out and talking a bit of trash is matching the Aussies, but its a waste of time to be hot headed and firey and then give up 20 or 30 runs in the field through laziness. This Aussie team is just at you all the time, some of those efforts by Brett Lee at mid off yesterday were brillant at just maintaining pressure and that is whats getting into the oppositions heads and causing them to lose it.
XLV SPORT
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

And you also touched on a topic there as well Jiminee... India's running between the wickets is a lot to be desired. How many times did they play a shot, the ball almost goes to the ropes and they only ran 2... FFS guys... run hard or hit harder :rofl:
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Exactly, they would be much better served to be themselves and improve their work ethic.
Comparing this Australian team to any cricket team in the past, as I have been able to do a little by watching the World Series Classics, they would beat just about anyone more often than not. They just do not let up, absolutely relentless, regardless of talent levels. The really take the professionalism to another level, almost like a special forces type effort where as the Indians (and eveyone else for that matter) are made to look like a Sunday afternoon pub team.
The two times Ganguly was nearly run out through sheer laziness in the Melbourne test are perfect examples.
So they can bitch and whine about umpiring as much as they like and I have no problem with them complaining about Morgan Freeman, though really, his bosses should be on the case after a performance that poor, but until they match Australia with effort and commitment they will not even get close.
XLV SPORT
norbs

Post by norbs »

Its not just their running between wickets, it is most of the games basics. Their ground fielding is poor. Kumble isn't a very attacking captain (having said that, Ponting isn't either in my book). They need a change of openers, I reckon Dravid should bat at 3 and VVS at 5 or 6.

The only way off beating Australia at the moment is to win a string of sessions. India have won the odd session, but they need to win a day or more. To really get Australia on the back foot. Look at the last time the Australian team lost a series. The Ashes a couple of years back. Duncan Fletcher did everything in his powers to upset Ponting in particular. To the point of grinning at him when the English 12th man, a gun fielder, ran Ponting out. Ponting had already started to lose it, that just sent him over the edge. Where as someone like S. Waugh used to thrive in those sort of challenges, it seems that Ponting goes the other way. The Indians had the perfect opportunity to stick it to Ponting, given Harbijans hold over him. But I have heard nothing about it. Surely someone in the Indian team should have made more of it, just to take Pontings focus away. They sort of targeted Hogg, and to some degree it has worked. I wonder if he will get a run in Perth, or they put Tait in?

What do people think of Johnson so far? I can't say I have been all that impressed. Given he has only played 27 1st class games, I reckon he is a bit inexperienced.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Hogg was disappointing yesterday, may have been very different if Clarke had held onto the chance from Ganguly but to only create one chance on a 5th day SCG pitch is not good enough when Symonds and Clarke took 5 between them.
It is his home ground which may help but it is also a fast pitch traditionally, though that sort of thing has been levelled out recently, but I say unleash Tait and let Symonds and Clarke handle the spin duties, which is tough for me to say being a former leggie, though his fielding and batting can't be ignored.
If Hayden misses out does Hodge come in? Who is making piles of runs in the Pura Cup at the moment?
Speaking of pitches being more and more similar, I think that started last time India were here to try and push games to last 5 days. Everyone else in the world prepares pitches to help their side, but over here we do the opposite I believe to give the opposition a better chance at lasting till the weekend!
Johnson has shown a bit of promise, if he was not a lefty he would probably miss out but he is worth perservering with for now, just for varieties sake, he does waste a lot of effort bowling 2 foot wide of off stump though.
XLV SPORT
norbs

Post by norbs »

Katich has scored a million runs this season. Well 800 odd averaging well over 100 from memory. In 9 innings, I think he has reached 50 on 8 occasions with 3 tons. Maybe blood someone like Luke Pomersbach on his home pitch. 450 odd runs at just under 100 for the season so far in Pura Cup matches. Voges has done nothing this season so far. Hodge has a big double hundred to his credit this year, but apart from thatnothing much. Its a tough one if Haydos is out.

I agree with the bowling you suggested Jiminee. Drop Hogg, play Tait and let M Clarke and A Symonds do the tweaking. Jesus, Clarke has got a career return of 9/46 against India!
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I think Johnson will be a great bowler.. he reminds me of Lee 5 years ago... good but inconsistent..
eek
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Yeah I think Johnson showed promise, but there were a few moments there where the Indan's got on top of him and he didn't seem to know where to turn. That'll come with experience but with so many good bowlers I think we could have waited to bring him out.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

The Australian selectors seem to do that, latch onto someone more on potential than on current ability and stick with them forever. The strength of the side and weakness of the opposition have let them get away with it to.
Brett Lee was like that and he has worked out pretty well (5th on the list of Australian Test wicket takers now? He snuck up on that!), Katich was another but he lost his shine, Shane Watson was probably the worst, they had a huge hard on for him and still do but he looks like a lost cause.
Johnson is their new pet project, I think Cosgrove would be if he lost some weight, Voges may be another.
Im waiting to see who they adopt as the spin project, no one seems to be putting their hand up yet. Cameron White could of been but he looks to be another Symonds type character, a guy who has reached a first class level purely on great physical gifts but now he has to learn the game, I dont see him becoming a full time test level spinner though.
XLV SPORT
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

norbs wrote:Katich has scored a million runs this season. Well 800 odd averaging well over 100 from memory. In 9 innings, I think he has reached 50 on 8 occasions with 3 tons. Maybe blood someone like Luke Pomersbach on his home pitch. 450 odd runs at just under 100 for the season so far in Pura Cup matches. Voges has done nothing this season so far. Hodge has a big double hundred to his credit this year, but apart from thatnothing much. Its a tough one if Haydos is out.

I agree with the bowling you suggested Jiminee. Drop Hogg, play Tait and let M Clarke and A Symonds do the tweaking. Jesus, Clarke has got a career return of 9/46 against India!
Opener? maybe Katich would fit the bill. Hodge deserves to spend his days playing at state level. Maybe the Brown Nose Gnome. Whats he been up to lately :D

Hogg out, Tait in. India need something and they find it hard to call Hogg a chucker.

Umpires. Is Paul Reiffel still raising the finger? get him out there I say. What about Steve Randell. bring him back. He will sort out Indias young guns :D
--------------
Stu
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Randall went to jail for that didn't he? Nice idea though, really give them something to complain about!
I saw Rod Tucker was the fourth umpire in Sydney, a former long time Tasmanian player.
Pistol is also still umpiring in grade cricket (possibly also first class) I believe but those guys could never umpire a test in Australia anyway as both umpires have to be neutral.
XLV SPORT
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

All quiet on the Australian front.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

fourthof5 wrote:All quiet on the Australian front.
You're mighty tall and fat to be a troll.

Unfortunately I didn't see any of the match today, but from the results Australia had a shocker and India did real well in some ratio.

England on the other hand still suck, even when they don't play.
fp

Post by fp »

Geeze, we just can't get a break, can we?

Dominate and win, and we get called arrogant. Be good sports and give the other team a fighting chance, and now we're slagged for that aswell... :D

(All this said with a tounge firlmy pressed upon in one's cheek)
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

8 Umps on the ICC international panel, 3 of which are Aussies...means theirs only 5 umps to choose from for any match involving Australia...thats bound to create issues I reckon.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Vilante 11 wrote:

Unfortunately I didn't see any of the match today, but from the results Australia had a shocker and India did real well in some ratio.

And trolls are better looking!

Nige, you wonder why people tear into you. I have been quiet on the cricket, because the Perth test always stuffs me up time wise. I haven't seen alot of the 1st 2 days, but I did see RP Singh bowl late yesterday and he bowled superbly.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

There was no thread for the boxing day test either...
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

norbs wrote:
Vilante 11 wrote:

And trolls are better looking!

Nige, you wonder why people tear into you. I have been quiet on the cricket, because the Perth test always stuffs me up time wise. I haven't seen alot of the 1st 2 days, but I did see RP Singh bowl late yesterday and he bowled superbly.

Actually it wasn't a troll at all. I was thinking that no one had really commented on the perth test and that no one had commented on the fact that for the first time in ages the Australians were really under the pump.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
norbs

Post by norbs »

Well the Indians are inching closer to a famous victory. They have certainly upped the intensity this match. The bowling has been terrific, the fielding for the most part, alot better, and they batted well. The deserve to win this game.