Minecraft

No witty remarks yet.
DarrenM

Re: Minecraft

Post by DarrenM »

Notch worked on ender dragons today :yes:

Hopefully there will be other boss monsters as well.

I had a quick go during lunch and it's harder to kill mobs now. Even with a level 4 enchanted diamond sword I only managed to kill 1 of 4 creepers I attacked before they exploded. A critical hit was required.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

Sounds awesome.

by the way, not sure if anyone else noticed when playing online, when you crouch your username fades almost completely :D Good for sneaking up on people because they can't see your name until you're almost upon them. I was in China for the last month and have only just started playing 1.8 :yes:
It's been nice, chaps.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Turns out there isn't much to play with in pre3 because most of it doesn't work.

Wonder if this will ever get finished. Posted by notch on his twitter.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Hey guys who do i have to see about jumping on the server? havent played in a while and want to check out the new updates :)
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

hey mate. you are welcome to jump on. PM sent
--------------
Stu
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Hardcore mode FTW. I tried it on the weekend with pre4. I was paranoid about creepers at the start, but I was shitting myself when I first went into the nether. With an earlier build if you got set on fire there you burned to death. They've change that fortunately :)
Bauer

Minecraft

Post by Bauer »

Isn't stable enough for our server by any chance is it? I'm keen to try it but only if it iis on the server too
--------------
Stu
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I haven't had a chance to try it Bauer, I have been reading what I can on the forums about it and it appears notch is yet to fix his broken terrain generation code so I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

On the hardcore mode front, this is only for single player, bit hard to use this mode on servers since you would have to wait for everyone else to die as well, could give Reppoh more incentive to survive though. :lol:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Don't know how the server is, sry.

I don't know if you guys heard, but they're going to be doing these unofficial "1.9 pre" releases all the way till minecon. Feature freeze this week, then a month of bug fixes and optimization.

Maybe it would be better to wait for the next release for the server so that it's at least feature complete?

Wonder if there would be some way for a more hardcore mode to work on the server. Like you have to be resurected by someone with a special device at the spawn point or something. Game over if everybody dies and individuals won't want to die because it will take time to get playing again.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

DarrenM wrote: Wonder if there would be some way for a more hardcore mode to work on the server. Like you have to be resurected by someone with a special device at the spawn point or something. Game over if everybody dies and individuals won't want to die because it will take time to get playing again.
top idea. Be good if you had to craft a resurrection idol or something. Like bread,water and diamond. But then nobody would pony up the diamonds if Rots died :D Still a top idea though. :up:
--------------
Stu
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

lol, everyone would just to see my boobs again. :D
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

those were the days!!!

( . ) ( . )

:)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

There's a high server cpu usage bug in the current build which should be fixed in the next one.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

That dragon looks kind of cool in a blocky way. I wonder if they only come out at night, like all the other bad mobs.
It's been nice, chaps.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

There was a video recently showing that dragons destroy any block they touch whilst in flight. The dragon flew low into the ground and craved out huge tunnels... this in the normal world would piss me and probably many off if it flew through and destroyed our constructions. From what I understand it will only spawn in the new sky world or what ever it is called.

Found it on youtube:

[youtube] [/youtube]
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I gotta say, a tame dragon would be extremely handy for train tunnel builders :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

It would certainly make the saddle i found in some caves useful.