Legends Road course series woot!!

iRacing
Bauer

Legends Road course series woot!!

Post by Bauer »

We are happy to announce that we have added a Class D road racing series using the Advanced Legends car. This series will run race sessions one day a week starting at 8 PM EDT Wednesday night (00:00 GMT Thursday) through 7:59 PM EDT on Thursday. Time Trial and practice sessions will run daily like all other series and the track schedule and race times will follow the Skip Barber Race Series. Enjoy.

lol I never even tried them last week but I can imagine they will be fun :)
--------------
Stu
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: Legends Road course series woot!!

Post by Exar Kun »

Bauer wrote:
We are happy to announce that we have added a Class D road racing series using the Advanced Legends car. This series will run race sessions one day a week starting at 8 PM EDT Wednesday night (00:00 GMT Thursday) through 7:59 PM EDT on Thursday. Time Trial and practice sessions will run daily like all other series and the track schedule and race times will follow the Skip Barber Race Series. Enjoy.

Haha, me either. I'm not even sure I'll race them. Might give them a bash in TT mode but we'll see how we go.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Exar Kun wrote:
Bauer wrote:

Haha, me either. I'm not even sure I'll race them. Might give them a bash in TT mode but we'll see how we go.
kiss your SR goodbye before you join :D
--------------
Stu
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

nah they are not that bad. They like to swap ends and they are feisty beasts, but the skippy is at least as hard to drive safely, imho.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

LOL Stu. I was kinda worried about that too. :D
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I think these are the hardest cars to drive quickly on the road courses, so the old SR might take a beating. Hopefully we can get the numbers on Thursday nights to race them. Have to start working on a nice stable setup :)

Strange decision to put in on at the same time as the SK series though.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

DarrenM wrote:Have to start working on a nice stable setup :)
cheers Darren :yes:

this forum accepts .sto files now so no need to zip it up m8 :tilt:
--------------
Stu
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Hehe. I posted on on the international club forum in the Solstice vs Legends thread that was ok. Bit too much front camber perhaps. I'll do another one tonight though, if I can pull myself away from the Mazda :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I've actually created a symmetric set in the interim series, not much of a 'fast' set but it's driveable. Might be a start.
There's much to learn about these sets, some cars have things on them I've never heard of before :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GlenNovello

Post by GlenNovello »

I'll have to wait another 3 weeks to give this series a go or fork out another $50.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

GlenNovello wrote:I'll have to wait another 3 weeks to give this series a go or fork out another $50.
why? the legend is a rookie car...
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

And you can race it with a rookie license once your SR is > 4.0, so no need to wait for a D license either :)
GlenNovello

Post by GlenNovello »

Just don't have the tracks for the first 2 weeks. I'm in the same boat for the skippys as well, bought the car but just can't afford the new tracks just yet. It would make more sense to me if instead of buying cars and tracks separately there was one (discounted) fee to acquire all of the content needed to compete in a new series. Maybe the powers that be should look into pricing structures.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

They won't look into it if you post it here :)

It's not a bad idea, so go post it on the feedback forum if you haven't already. They do read it.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Well they kinda do that already, Skippy + two tracks = 10% discount for three items, I got the LM and it's tracks at the same time getting 20% for six or more. Seems like most future series will be similar with a car and a couple tracks required.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

well i had my race today, my first race at Infineon. was heaps of fun

though they are poles apart, it reminded me of driving the '79 mod for rFactor (ie get in, sit down, shut up and hang on)

i had 6 points. i put a wheel off twice and nailed the dude who solo spun in front of me. it was great :D 16 laps of greatness. SR went down but it was worth it for the fun ;)
--------------
Stu
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

just did my Summit round

started 5th of 11, finished 5th with 0 SR points. woot!! its tuff to do a full race without at least dropping a wheel off somewhere. really happy with that.

was top fun. 3rd, 4th and 5th swapped places heaps.

3 rounds in and I still have the feeling of hanging on for my iLife each lap I do. :D
--------------
Stu