CTS and COT cars announced

iRacing
DarrenM

CTS and COT cars announced

Post by DarrenM »

Silverado, Monte Carlo SS and Impala SS.

http://www.iracing.com/newsEvents/article.php?id=82

So now we know the full ladder for ovals. Trucks will be C, Silver Crown will be moved to B, and the Impala will be A

I've been looking forward to trying out those trucks :)
Bauer

Re: CTS and COT cars announced

Post by Bauer »

hmmmm noice

Trux will be just in time for my move the C. Time to polish the gun rack :up:
--------------
Stu
pab

Post by pab »

DarrenM wrote: Trucks will be C, Silver Crown will be moved to B, and the Impala will be A
Darren, have they announced somewhere that the Silver Crown will be moving to B and the Truck is C or is that just your (obviously fairly well infomred) guess?
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

iR members front page, pab :)
Edit: actually bs I think it was in the forums. But I saw that piece of info too.
I'm not excited about this tho. I think I'll leave oval racing where it is, there are no races to be found in our time zone and it's just way too boring to pay for TT sessions...I was never an oval fan anyway so this is the end of ovals for me, at the late model.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

You were right first time, ysu. It's from the news item on the members home page :)

"We're thrilled to announce the Chevrolet Silverado race truck as the first of three GM Racing stockcars that will be added to the iRacing stable. The Silverado will be available to members for $15 starting October 15 and will replace the USAC Silver Crown Car for Class C competition in the Oval category when the new season starts November 2. (The Silver Crown will move up to Class B.)

Meanwhile, the Development Team is hard at work on Chevy's recently introduced Impala SS racing vehicle. It is already in development and is expected to launch as our Class A Oval car early next year."

Bit sucky for people that bought the silver crown expecting to race it next season. I think it'll be a wasteland with everyone in the trucks.
pab

Post by pab »

OK, thanks guys, I'd been looking in the wrong places. :)
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

DarrenM wrote:
Bit sucky for people that bought the silver crown expecting to race it next season. I think it'll be a wasteland with everyone in the trucks.
I got it for just that reason. maybe more so to do TT's and stuff with but it was so I could move to B. I will still be able to do that once I get up to C 4.0 but the downside is that I can race the SC now, but I wont be able to in the new season until I get above 4.0 again.

Im not put out by it as I would prefer the ute anyway :yes:
--------------
Stu
wenmo

Post by wenmo »

Does this mean we circuit road racers have to wait even longer now for new road cars to be released?? They are certainly catering for Americans. Dont get me wrong, racing is racing but here in good old Oz it's all road races not oval.
never had computers when i was a kid, so i am making up for it now!! Dont hit my car!
gasking

Post by gasking »

could announce a series with the truck on the road, be like bashing a ute around, cant get much more aussie then
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

wenmo wrote:Does this mean we circuit road racers have to wait even longer now for new road cars to be released?? They are certainly catering for Americans. Dont get me wrong, racing is racing but here in good old Oz it's all road races not oval.
Yeah, they seem to have a sweet spot for the stupid ovals...which I undesrtand to a level, but now that they have around 40% international interest they should focus on road better imho.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Road will be next.... They announced the Lotus, so it was time to impress the oval boys.... our time will come... muhaahaaahaaauaaa

by the way, i've lost interest on the ovals. I thought i'd be able to compete with the LM's, but just couldn't get into any sort of form... Pretty sure i'll just stick with the road... bummer really, as I spent some cash on the oval's. doh.! Running the two series was also a bit of a drain.
balls & boobs. . .
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

NICE :)
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Sad Panda will be nursing a semi when he reads the announcement :tilt:
--------------
Stu
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

It's funny. Whenever they announce road content people complain that they're focusing on roads to much, whenever they announce oval content people say they're focusing on ovals too much, and whenever they announce any content people say they're focusing on content too much :)

Apart from the Lotus we also have the Riley Daytona prototype and the Spec Racer Ford. All the track announcements lately have been for roads, too. Barber, Sebring, Mosport, Road Atlanta.

Content is split pretty close to 50-50, and given that Dave Kaemmer and John Henry prefer road racing, I doubt they're going to change that any time soon :)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

DarrenM wrote:It's funny. Whenever they announce road content people complain that they're focusing on roads to much, whenever they announce oval content people say they're focusing on ovals too much, and whenever they announce any content people say they're focusing on content too much :)
And when there isn't any announcement for new content, people complain that there isn't any new content :nod:
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

pab wrote:OK, thanks guys, I'd been looking in the wrong places. :)
Nothing unusual in that...from what Im told...:)
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

DarrenM wrote:The Silverado will be available to members for $15 starting October 15
Sweet, thats the day after my birthday. Ill have to hit the mrs up for the Silverado on top of the G25 she has already lined up for my pressie :D
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Bauer wrote:Sad Panda will be nursing a semi when he reads the announcement :tilt:
damn straight i was