The Offspring

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

The Offspring

Post by DexterPunk »

seems you can listen to their new album on their site....

having not liked anything they have done since Ixnay, over 10 years ago.. not expecting much, but track one seems semi ok.

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObj ... /wa/albums

track 2, is actualy brilliant old skool offspring.. actualy made me smile.

edit: thats about where it ends for me, a couple of ok-ish songs, but track 2 was the only cool one in my opinion.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: The Offspring

Post by w00dsy »

The Offspring are one of them bands like AC/DC that bring out the same album every time yet still seem to do ok. Before i even listen to it, i bet there's 1 or 2 radio friendly tracks and a moderate tempo, then there's about 3 very fast songs, one of which will slow down half way through and do a really cool bit that could have been a whole song itself, then speed up again. Then there will be 2 novelty songs, one of which will be a single and make them seem kooky and crazy.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Lol spot on Woodsy

I was a big fan back in the day of Smash and Ixnay and to an extent Americana. Haven't bought any of their music since but I still like most of their stuff that comes out, especially the novelty songs :)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

smash and ixnay were great.. and also self titled.

if you like their older stuff, give track 2 a listen.. its actualy a ripper track, for me its a shame the whole album isnt like that.
thornz

Post by thornz »

Like you guys, a huge fan of the older stuff, new stuff was shit. But actually quite a fan of this album, there are a few crap ones, but still a big improvement over there later stuff. The first four songs are the best, bit average after that.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i almost bought this album the other day, glad i didn't now. I had heard a couple of the 'decent' songs from this album. was hoping it was all gonna be like it. thanks for the heads up.

Meanwhile, not minding Rise Against's latest offering.