Soundwave

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Soundwave

Post by NeilPearson »

Did any of you guys goto the soundwave festival?

we had ours yesterday, and tbh most of the bands i didnt care for, except for NIN. which was totally and utterly awesome. as NIN are! Alice in chains were pretty good aswell, considering i dont know any of there music (yeah im looking into rectifying that now) :P

I saw bloodhound gang aswell, and tbh they are just wrong. they keep throwing up on each other. :\ makes for some amusement but still... :|
pogo

Re: Soundwave

Post by pogo »

Would have loved to see AiC, was a big fan before Layne Stayley died. Facelift and Dirt are recommended :)
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

yeah AiC would be good, even with the new singer. They have some great songs.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

So many bands at Soundwave I wanted to see. Due to circumstances (read: females) I did not get to go, majorly pissed, NIN is one of my Must See Bands, hope i get another chance to see Trent doing his thing. Devildriver was another, the list went on and on. Hope this festival kicks on for years to come.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

had a free ticket if i wanted to go... cbf tbh... seen NIN before and they were horrible. Still angry that they wasted something ridiculous like $85 of mine, for what was basically a light show. Trent didn't aknowledge the crowed at all... he performed a mediocre set and left. Aside from that, it was hot and i wasn't feeling great.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

how many cases of cab merlot did you pick up on that WHINE tour?

hehehe
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

DexterPunk wrote:had a free ticket if i wanted to go... cbf tbh... seen NIN before and they were horrible. Still angry that they wasted something ridiculous like $85 of mine, for what was basically a light show. Trent didn't aknowledge the crowed at all... he performed a mediocre set and left. Aside from that, it was hot and i wasn't feeling great.
he never acknowdleges the crowd until the very end then he gives a big hurrah sort of thing. i have seen them twice and the sets were great both times, even with a few of the new songs i dont know as well as the older stuff it was still really good.

the thing that shits me off, is he never comes to perth, unless its with a festival. he did side shows at sydney and melbourne (i know of sydney guessing it happend in melbs to) so im a bit gutted didnt get one here
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

i missed out, couldnt get anyone to go with me, no1 wanted to blow 130 bucks lol, was spewin
Hello :aussie:
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

NeilPearson wrote:
DexterPunk wrote:had a free ticket if i wanted to go... cbf tbh... seen NIN before and they were horrible. Still angry that they wasted something ridiculous like $85 of mine, for what was basically a light show. Trent didn't aknowledge the crowed at all... he performed a mediocre set and left. Aside from that, it was hot and i wasn't feeling great.
he never acknowdleges the crowd until the very end then he gives a big hurrah sort of thing. i have seen them twice and the sets were great both times, even with a few of the new songs i dont know as well as the older stuff it was still really good.

the thing that shits me off, is he never comes to perth, unless its with a festival. he did side shows at sydney and melbourne (i know of sydney guessing it happend in melbs to) so im a bit gutted didnt get one here

It was prob also because we were at the tennis center... and im pretty much used to going to see my fav bands at places that hold about 500 max. So you are usually only a few meters from the stage. I think there was a number of factors that made me feel like i wasted my money.... where we had seats, no one even stood up... i felt like if i did i might piss off others around me. It just all felt awkward and dumb. I used to love NIN years ago, specially pretty hate machine and downward spiral, but i think that killed it for me... and he also played lots of new stuff which i dont really get in to.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Hz-Lab wrote:So many bands at Soundwave I wanted to see. Due to circumstances (read: females) I did not get to go, majorly pissed

whipped.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I was really annoyed that I missed it. I've been hanging to see AiC for many years. Jerry Cantrell is just a legend. I haven't heard anything with the new singer but one of the girls from work went and said they were enjoyable, even if she dind't know most of their stuff. She mentioned that the singer seemed to get into it and appeared to be a pretty good front man. Then, it wouldn't be difficult to be more animated on stage than Layne - that dude could probably count the gigs he wasn't high on one hand... sad that he passed though.

NIN would also have been great - it's been a long time since I saw them last and I enjoyed them back then.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

AiC were very good live, i started to get into there music now, but the ONLY song i can remember from soundwave was Again, and yeah it was very good, i think. i was fucked by that stage.